Old 09-22-2017, 02:10 PM   #1
Timbonh
Human being with feelings

Default KAT KT-1 Drum Pads Triggering Problem

Hooking up a KAT KT-1 drum kit to Reaper via USB for 1st time: it's triggering MIDI but no sound no matter what I fuss with & hoping someone has a suggestion. Yes I tried different VSTs, yes I tried external Oxygen keyboard and it's getting the VSTi to respond via USB normally, monitoring is on, track is armed,?etc. With the KT-1 pads again, I tried recording the MIDI, which it received and recorded, but note duration is 0.0. That I am guessing is the problem. Tried Drum VSTis, simple synth ones, etc. When I manually lengthened the note value, I heard the VSTis in playback of the notes I lengthened.

I simply want to be able to hear my performance as I perform & record it and have Googled my backside off...finding it hard to believe more folks haven't had and posted solutions for this problem...Here's some screenshots...ideas welcome!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg one.jpg (57.4 KB, 248 views)
File Type: jpg two.jpg (58.9 KB, 278 views)
File Type: jpg five.jpg (60.3 KB, 261 views)
File Type: jpg six.jpg (35.8 KB, 280 views)
File Type: jpg seven.jpg (59.9 KB, 256 views)
Timbonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 03:45 AM   #2
EvilDragon

The drumkit sends over MIDI channel 10 by default (following MIDI standard), and you can see this in the event list view. Either change the transmitting channel on the drum brain, or use Reaper's "Map input to channel" feature for MIDI input and set it to "MIDI channel 1" instead of "Source channel". This should make it work on all VSTi.
EvilDragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 07:42 AM   #3
Timbonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
The drumkit sends over MIDI channel 10 by default (following MIDI standard), and you can see this in the event list view. Either change the transmitting channel on the drum brain, or use Reaper's "Map input to channel" feature for MIDI input and set it to "MIDI channel 1" instead of "Source channel". This should make it work on all VSTi.
I appreciate your response, but actually once I applied my efforts to using a different VST, then triggering worked normally. Apparently the JS Midi Note Length needs at least SOMETHING to grab onto to lengthen, so it had no effect either. The other post where someone went in depth with me so we could arrive at this answer is here: https://forums.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=1891545
Timbonh is offline   Reply With Quote