Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 02-18-2018, 01:51 PM   #81
Gianfini
Human being with feelings

Great job. Now it is my preferred delay!

g
Gianfini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 07:47 AM   #82
timothys_monster

Thank you so much for the numerical input!

This tool has become a life saver now

One tiny suggestion:
When you right click, could you make the whole text already selected, so that we only have to type in the value? Now we have to manually delete the value and the unit. You know, we use plugins because we are lazy :P
timothys_monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 09:55 AM   #83
geraintluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothys_monster View Post
One tiny suggestion:
When you right click, could you make the whole text already selected, so that we only have to type in the value?
I wondered whether I would get this request. It is the intuitive behaviour, and I thought about it at the time.

It's on my list, but I won't get around to it for a week or two. I'm doing a bit of work on my UI library at the moment, including refactoring the text-input control, which will make implementing this a lot cleaner.
geraintluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 05:25 AM   #84
geraintluff

I've started making some YouTube videos for a couple of my effect - any feedback would be very welcome.

YouTube playlist

PadSynth

Spectrum Matcher

Humonica

Old 03-08-2018, 05:35 AM   #85
vanhaze

Great !

Humonica is really awesome sounding, lovin' it !
Old 03-08-2018, 11:56 AM   #86
X-Raym

Video tutorial are very welcome :P
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 08:36 AM   #87
vanhaze

Dear all,

I just made a Youtube video about an easy workflow for using Geraint Luff's great Humonica Vocoder plugin:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t37U...T&index=1&t=0s

I hope you find this useful !
Warm Regards.
Old 03-10-2018, 11:18 AM   #88
JamesPeters

Hi Geraintluff:

PadSynth:

This sounds very nice, and allows control over aspects a lot of other synth plugins don't.

Does it have a polyphony limit? I noticed CPU was fairly high when playing a lot of notes simultaneously.

If it has no polyphony limit, or it's fairly high, would it be possible to introduce a polyphony limit option? It's nice to have high polyphony but for some patches it might not be practical especially if it makes the CPU struggle.

Spectrum Matcher:

I just tried this, and it works really well! A note to anyone using it: you can do your "learn"/"save" on the source track, then drag the effect instance to the destination track for the "correction" (since the plugin copy will retain the "learned" curve).

One thing I noticed is that the Q control doesn't reset to its default value when CTRL + left mouse click (or double left mouse click) on it.
JamesPeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 01:45 PM   #89
timbralzoom

i am in love with Humonica & Spectrum Matcher..
Thank you so much!!

example setup uses Humonica heavily

one Q:
is it possible to add an option/mode to Humonica
for trigger-produce output only when midi notes pressed?
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 02:06 PM   #90
geraintluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
one Q:
is it possible to add an option/mode to Humonica
for trigger-produce output only when midi notes pressed?
I'm afraid I don't quite understand - Humonica should already only produce audio output when there are MIDI notes active. Do you mean only produce audio when a note is first pressed, like an envelope decay or something?
Old 03-31-2018, 02:21 PM   #91
timbralzoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by geraintluff View Post
I'm afraid I don't quite understand - Humonica should already only produce audio output when there are MIDI notes active. Do you mean only produce audio when a note is first pressed, like an envelope decay or something?
oops! i am sorry this is absolutely my mistake ..
plugin i use (microtonic) also sens midi notes to Humonica
i figured it out while creating this setup two days ago ..
but today one of my senior moments arrived and i forgot sorry again!

now the real question:
how can i buy a drink for you?
(paypal is dead in here - Turkey)
what would you think about an Amazon egift card?

Thank you again!
Old 04-01-2018, 03:00 AM   #92
geraintluff

Quote:
how can i buy a drink for you?
(paypal is dead in here - Turkey)
what would you think about an Amazon egift card?
That's a generous thought, thanks.

Amazon gift cards are country-specific, so you'd have to get one from amazon.co.uk, not amazon.com.tr. My email's on my profile if you want to do that (or Bandcamp might actually be simpler if that works).

Mostly I'm glad you're enjoying the effects though!
Old 04-01-2018, 03:44 AM   #93
timbralzoom

Quote:
That's a generous thought, thanks.

Amazon gift cards are country-specific, so you'd have to get one from amazon.co.uk, not amazon.com.tr. My email's on my profile if you want to do that (or Bandcamp might actually be simpler if that works).

Mostly I'm glad you're enjoying the effects though!
Hey there!
Bandcamp then & just done
PS: i love the Cello versions of Paper Thunderstorm very beautiful work!

Thanks again!
Yıldırım.
Old 04-01-2018, 08:34 AM   #94
spk77

Quote:
Be mildly warned: Spectrum Matcher uses more CPU than you might expect (it's basically a 30-band EQ - I considered using FFT instead, but there are reasons to do the analysis this way.). Rather than have 10 instances running at once, I personally use this correction as a preview, and then use the correction curves to create a matching curve in ReaEQ. (If you hover over the top graph, it should show you the frequency/dB values of its correction curve.)
That could be automated - we can create ReaEQ bands and set parameter values from Reascript. But the corrected data should be exposed as parameter values...

Would it be possible to store the curve (gain values) to, for example, 30 hidden sliders?

Really great work, thank you
spk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 08:37 AM   #95
timbralzoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by spk77 View Post
That could be automated - we can create ReaEQ bands and set parameter values from Reascript. But the corrected data should be exposed as parameter values...

Would it be possible to store the curve (gain values) to, for example, 30 hidden sliders?

Really great work, thank you
absolutely
+1..
if its possible!!
Old 04-01-2018, 09:06 AM   #96
geraintluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by spk77 View Post

I actually fixed the performance issue I mentioned there (got a 5x boost by refactoring my filters to use pseudo-objects instead of arrays), so I think it's now only 2x slower than ReaEQ, which is what Justin said to expect from JSFX.

I also put in an extra dial (visible if you hit "Freeze") that reduces the number of bands used for correction by merging similar ones - it's not a world of difference, but between those two improvements I think the performance advantages of exporting to ReaEQ are less dramatic. I now use it directly, without ReaEQ.

Gains could still be exposed - there's actually up to 50 bands, so you'd need 50 gains, a band-count, a Q value, and enough information to reconstruct the filter frequencies (you can't export the freqs as 50 individual sliders because I believe there's a 64-slider limit). If your goal is performance, you might not want to just create 30-50 bands in ReaEQ, but perhaps design a different (smaller) set of features to match the curve.

Last edited by geraintluff; 04-01-2018 at 09:13 AM.
Old 04-02-2018, 03:38 AM   #97
lb0

Quote:
I actually fixed the performance issue I mentioned there (got a 5x boost by refactoring my filters to use pseudo-objects instead of arrays), so I think it's now only 2x slower than ReaEQ, which is what Justin said to expect from JSFX.

I also put in an extra dial (visible if you hit "Freeze") that reduces the number of bands used for correction by merging similar ones - it's not a world of difference, but between those two improvements I think the performance advantages of exporting to ReaEQ are less dramatic. I now use it directly, without ReaEQ.

Gains could still be exposed - there's actually up to 50 bands, so you'd need 50 gains, a band-count, a Q value, and enough information to reconstruct the filter frequencies (you can't export the freqs as 50 individual sliders because I believe there's a 64-slider limit). If your goal is performance, you might not want to just create 30-50 bands in ReaEQ, but perhaps design a different (smaller) set of features to match the curve.
It would be possible to build a dedicated Reascript to read in all values as automation if maybe you had one set of sliders for a single band and a toggle slider which simply shifted the band that's being exposed by the sliders.

So you'd have a slider to select the band - setting this from Reascript then triggers the JSFX to set the other eq band sliders to the values that band is set to. So the Reascript would select band 1 on the band selector slider - your JSFX would set the sliders appropriately. Reascript could read the values of that band - then from Reascript - set the band select slider to band 2 - repeat etc.

Hence all bands could be exposed inividually and copied across to ReaEQ instance one by one in Reascript. No limitations caused by exposing each band at once.

Just an idea - depending on how useful it would be to anyone.

EDIT: Of course - this is assuming the matched EQ settings do not change once set.

EDIT2: - I should probably read a little better - sounds like you may have been suggesting something along these lines anyway

Last edited by lb0; 04-02-2018 at 05:33 AM.
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 04:34 AM   #98
spk77

Quote:

Thanks for your reply!
No performance issues here - it was just an idea
spk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 09:20 AM   #99
timbralzoom

not the transferring to Rea EQ instances via scripts but
this is what i was dreaming
would wonderful if the output result of Spectrum Matcher can be capture-able
(LBX-Stripper term .. capture the snapshots of automation-able parameters)
but all parameters needs exposed & ready to automation..

here is simple demonstration:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VN...j5di9aQnZiPgj8

create a database from the fav. songs
and try them on the fly,
when you find a result that you like press to freeze and capture..
continue to tweak your sound .. then repeat the first step and capture.

but i thing not possible because of 64 slider limit of JS ?
anyway..

PS: also i have no worry about the performance thingy .. so far works great!
Old 04-03-2018, 02:23 AM   #100
geraintluff

Quote:
not the transferring to Rea EQ instances via scripts but
this is what i was dreaming
would wonderful if the output result of Spectrum Matcher can be capture-able
(LBX-Stripper term .. capture the snapshots of automation-able parameters)
but all parameters needs exposed & ready to automation.
So, would you be looking to capture the correction gains? Or to get/set the reference spectrum? Or both?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
EDIT2: - I should probably read a little better - sounds like you may have been suggesting something along these lines anyway
What you're suggesting is more compact and uses few sliders that what I was imagining. I'm not familiar with exactly when various things get executed when setting/reading sliders between ReaScript and JSFX, but if you describe a protocol that would work for you (probably best via DM - or my email is on my profile), I could implement a set of "LBX-Stripper integration" sliders, or something more general if that's works too.
Old 04-03-2018, 02:42 AM   #101
timbralzoom

Quote:
So, would you be looking to capture the correction gains? Or to get/set the reference spectrum? Or both?
since we can store & recall reference spectrum as Reaper presets
no need to access them as automation parameters or store-recall them via snapshots..
only the output result so the correction gains .. i think

Quote:
What you're suggesting is more compact and uses few sliders that what I was imagining. I'm not familiar with exactly when various things get executed when setting/reading sliders between ReaScript and JSFX, but if you describe a protocol that would work for you (probably best via DM - or my email is on my profile), I could implement a set of "LBX-Stripper integration" sliders, or something more general if that's works too.
if this full implementation possible .. please just ignore my suggestion above
Old 04-09-2018, 07:21 PM   #102
RJHollins

Was checking out Spectrum Matcher. Very nice tool, but I did find a small issue.

During testing, I made a series of Presets of captured audio. I can load each of them ... but I noticed that when I reload a project, the NAME of the Preset I had saved the project in was not visible. The 'curve' was there ... but I could not see the Preset name in the display, or preset window.

Did I miss something, or is there a way to add the Preset name [recallable] so that we know which preset was used ?

Thanks
RJHollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 05:42 AM   #103
geraintluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
During testing, I made a series of Presets of captured audio. I can load each of them ... but I noticed that when I reload a project, the NAME of the Preset I had saved the project in was not visible. The 'curve' was there ... but I could not see the Preset name in the display, or preset window.
I think I get what you mean - you loaded a preset and used it for correction, but when you saved and re-loaded the project it no longer displayed the preset name in the top bar where you loaded it from? This is kind of a REAPER feature, rather than a Spectrum Matcher one. JSFX plugins have no way to get the names of presets being loaded into them.

I could add a "label" text entry within Spectrum Matcher, but you'd end up with two places to enter a name: once within Spectrum Matcher itself, and again when saving the preset. However, I don't think that would be a great experience, and not really that much easier than renaming the effect instance to note down which preset you used. (Maybe there's a script that could do that automatically?)

Sorry, that's probably not a very satisfying answer, but I don't think I can do anything about it from within JSFX.
Old 04-11-2018, 10:09 AM   #104
RJHollins

Quote:
I think I get what you mean - you loaded a preset and used it for correction, but when you saved and re-loaded the project it no longer displayed the preset name in the top bar where you loaded it from? This is kind of a REAPER feature, rather than a Spectrum Matcher one. JSFX plugins have no way to get the names of presets being loaded into them.

I could add a "label" text entry within Spectrum Matcher, but you'd end up with two places to enter a name: once within Spectrum Matcher itself, and again when saving the preset. However, I don't think that would be a great experience, and not really that much easier than renaming the effect instance to note down which preset you used. (Maybe there's a script that could do that automatically?)

Sorry, that's probably not a very satisfying answer, but I don't think I can do anything about it from within JSFX.
Is it possible to get the wavefile's FileName ??? and display that ??
just wondering.

thanks
Old 04-15-2018, 05:10 AM   #105
timbralzoom

Hi,
just watched great Echo Cycles video and
updated from ReaPack but seems has no Filter & Output sections .. yet?

Last edited by timbralzoom; 04-15-2018 at 05:23 AM.
Old 04-15-2018, 05:54 AM   #106
geraintluff

Quote:
Hi,
just watched great Echo Cycles video and
updated from ReaPack but seems has no Filter & Output sections .. yet?
Apologies! I hadn't published properly. It should be fixed now - thanks for letting me know.
Old 04-15-2018, 05:58 AM   #107
geraintluff

Default New effect: Echo Cycles

I've added a new effect: Echo Cycles, a feedback/delay effect where the echoes move through the stereo space (audio demo)

Here's a video tour on YouTube.
Old 04-15-2018, 06:19 AM   #108
timbralzoom

all fine now, Thank you so much!

EDIT:

ehamm..
may i ask also for Hammer And Chord presets/rpl ?
(when you have time - nothing urgent)

Last edited by timbralzoom; 04-15-2018 at 07:32 AM.
Old 04-15-2018, 07:36 AM   #109
timothys_monster

Amazing plugin and really cool video, too! Thank you so much for making these public. Together with Sonic Anomaly, your creations are the most useful JS-effects.
Old 04-15-2018, 03:36 PM   #110
geraintluff

Quote:
ehamm..
may i ask also for Hammer And Chord presets/rpl ?
(when you have time - nothing urgent)
Here you go.

I also just fixed an incredibly stupid error in Hammer and Chord, so if you have v1.2.0 or greater, please update to 1.2.4+.
Old 04-15-2018, 03:56 PM   #111
timbralzoom

Quote:
Here you go.

I also just fixed an incredibly stupid error in Hammer and Chord, so if you have v1.2.0 or greater, please update to 1.2.4+.
All done!
Thank you so much also for the presets
Old 04-15-2018, 04:52 PM   #112
geraintluff

Quote:
All done!
Thank you so much also for the presets
No problem - it would be simpler if JSFX could have built-in presets like VSTs do, but hey.
Old 04-21-2018, 09:10 AM   #113
timothys_monster

Quote:
I wondered whether I would get this request. It is the intuitive behaviour, and I thought about it at the time.

It's on my list, but I won't get around to it for a week or two. I'm doing a bit of work on my UI library at the moment, including refactoring the text-input control, which will make implementing this a lot cleaner.
Hey Geraint,

how are things? I was wondering if you got any further regarding this neat little feature?

Cheers!
Old 04-22-2018, 02:58 AM   #114
geraintluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothys_monster View Post
I was wondering if you got any further regarding this neat little feature?!
Oops, I'd forgotten about that. Should be implemented and released in v1.2.6 - let me know if it works.

Other updates:
  • Hammer and Chord - timbre controls, more performance increases (~70% faster)
  • Smooth Limiter - right-click to enter exact values

Added several demo/tutorial videos to my YouTube playlist.

Geraint

Last edited by geraintluff; 04-23-2018 at 08:01 AM.
Old 04-23-2018, 01:29 AM   #115
timothys_monster

Works perfectly fine. Thanks a lot! This is such a workflow enhancer now
Old 04-24-2018, 12:39 PM   #116
zookthespook

These are delicious custard apple πs ! !
zookthespook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 07:23 PM   #117
RJHollins

I've been playing more with SpectruMatcher ...

Got a question ... possible request.

I wondered if there is a 'scaling' control that allows for global 'Strength'
of the Corrected result ? Unless I'm overlooking ... it seems the corrective amount is 100%.

If this type of control option is not available ... is it possible ?

Thanks for any consideration or info.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:32 PM   #118
cymbals

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
I've been playing more with SpectruMatcher ...

I wondered if there is a 'scaling' control that allows for global 'Strength'
of the Corrected result ? Unless I'm overlooking ... it seems the corrective amount is 100%.
Yes- at the top right corner, adjust the mix percentage - that will allow you to dial down the strength of it.
cymbals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 07:38 PM   #119
RJHollins

Quote:
Originally Posted by cymbals View Post
Yes- at the top right corner, adjust the mix percentage - that will allow you to dial down the strength of it.
You're talking about Reapers default MIX control ... I see that ...

But what I'm looking for is scaling the corrected response that [with the display] we have Freq ranges and Gain values displayed. I'd find it useful to have a Gain scaling that would also show in the GUI.

[maybe I'm not explaining it well] :|
Old 04-25-2018, 07:45 PM   #120
cymbals

The freq and gain values are shown as you mouse over the graph eg: 100hz -3db.
is that what you are looking for?
cymbals is offline   Reply With Quote