Old 08-21-2014, 06:33 AM   #1
planetnine
Human being with feelings

Default EEL gfx_init and window size...

Does anyone know if it's possible to set/reset the gfx window size for an EEL script please?

I was trying to change the overall size while changing font sizes, but it seems I can only use gfx_init the once in a script.

Edit: preceding it with gfx_quit() does the trick.

Now, does anyone know how I can set where the gfx window is displayed on screen, please? -it always defaults to the top-left corner. gfx_quit and init reset this so if the window has been dragged out of the way, a re-size will reinitialise it back to top-left again.

>
Old 08-21-2014, 08:03 AM   #2
spk77

Hi,
Not possible to set the window pos .

By the way, do you still need to get/extract the (source)filename only, without a full path?

The first func in this script should do it:
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=128519
spk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 09:07 AM   #3
planetnine

Quote:
Originally Posted by spk77 View Post
Hi,
Not possible to set the window pos .

By the way, do you still need to get/extract the (source)filename only, without a full path?

The first func in this script should do it:
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=128519

Ok, thank you, that's a pity.

I did it in a loopy-fashion, searching for the first "\" encountered in the path going right-to-left, cropping the path to that length, and then setting a blank string to the length cropped and adding characters into it from that point to the end.

I'm sure there are better and more succinct ways of doing it, but it works. I'll take a look at your EEL conversion in a minute, thank you...

You can have a look at how I did it and what I've used it for in the latest mutation of the "Source time position tool", I've just uploaded it to the stash

>
Old 08-21-2014, 11:03 AM   #4
spk77

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetnine View Post
Ok, thank you, that's a pity.

I did it in a loopy-fashion, searching for the first "\" encountered in the path going right-to-left, cropping the path to that length, and then setting a blank string to the length cropped and adding characters into it from that point to the end.

I'm sure there are better and more succinct ways of doing it, but it works. I'll take a look at your EEL conversion in a minute, thank you...
Your "filename extraction" is better - I was doing some unnecessary char to str conversions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetnine View Post
You can have a look at how I did it and what I've used it for in the latest mutation of the "Source time position tool", I've just uploaded it to the stash
>
That is becoming HUGE
spk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 01:36 PM   #5
planetnine

Quote:
Originally Posted by spk77 View Post
Your "filename extraction" is better - I was doing some unnecessary char to str conversions.

That is becoming HUGE

Thank you, I've got you to thank for breaking the ice on it though -I'm getting the hang of this slippery eel now

The blue mouseover time-positions, the mouse-click time formatting cycling and the font/window scaleability are all adapted from your ideas -did you notice?

I think it's possily good enough to share now -and maybe involving other people might uncover bugs or shortcomings (or better ideas).

>