Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > Recording Technologies and Techniques

Old 11-13-2017, 05:36 PM   #1
emid
Human being with feelings

Default Not getting stereo effect via stereo delay pedal? Please guide me!

Hi

I've some mono delay pedals but this time I thought to have a stereo pedal in my chain. So recently I bought Behringer em600 echo which has stereo ins and outs. I tried different ways to record stereo effect (say ping pong) but I'm not getting the stereo result. Problem is I hear the delay effect on one side only. Other side is just plain guitar tone. I first tried Reainsert to use as send and return. Then two mono channels panned hard left and right and lastly a stereo channel but in vain!

My signal chain is guitar (mono) output --> pedal in A --> pedal out A and B --> interface inputs 3 and 4 (or 1 and 2).

Either I'm doing something wrong or I'm coming to conclusion that the pedal is faulty. Hope I'm at fault. Whatever I've tried, I hear the delay effect on left OR right depending on where I plug the pedal out A into the interface inputs. Out B is just plain tone. This is killing the purpose of why I bought this pedal in first place. I have tried it in Cubase pro 9 as well to see may be for some weird reason Reaper is going funky or could be me.

Always found a solution in this forum so hoping this time not going without it . So please guide me. Will really REALLY appreciate as am going nuts .
emid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 11:13 PM   #2
metal_priest

i don't have that stompbox but looking at picture on internet I saw you also have two inputs...so it might be the case you need 2 inputs to have a stereo output...
metal_priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 02:16 AM   #3
emid

Thanks. I was also thinking in that way but after viewing this video I think you only need one input.

emid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 02:01 AM   #4
ivansc

Heh - I own one of these but I also have a couple of really good stereo delay plugins, which is what I use when recordign. Live, I run strictly mono