Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > Recording Technologies and Techniques

Old 09-10-2020, 08:35 PM   #1
matthewjumpsoffbuildings
Human being with feelings

Default Best Z490 motherboard for low latency performance?

Im looking at upgrading my DAW PC, thinking about getting an i7 10700KF and looking at all the Z490 motherboard options I am really uncertain which model/manufacturer will give me the best performance/stability etc. I want to be able to run at the lowest possible buffer settings, so realtime audio performance is a big deal, and I dont want anything in the build to bottleneck that.

Does anyone have any useful information or experience regarding things like stability, DPC latency, component quality etc of the Z490 motherboard offerings from ASUS, MSI, Gigabyte etc?

I will be pairing it with a 10700KF, likely with some Corsair RAM, a 1080 GPU, Samsung SSDs, and an RME RayDAT PCIe audio interface
Old 09-12-2020, 06:56 PM   #2
kaiestro

Default Would like to know too

Never knew there was an impact on performance from the motherboard end that actually made a difference. curious to find out! +1
kaiestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 12:26 AM   #3
drumphil

This review actually shows DPC latency figures, which are about the only thing I can think of that could potentially make a difference to DAW performance at low buffer sizes.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/15895...unify-review/6

Looks like there isn't much difference between them. Anyway, good review comparing a bunch of z490 boards.
drumphil is offline   Reply With Quote