Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Pre-Release Discussion

Old 10-15-2020, 10:55 PM   #81
javiramallo
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonictim View Post
I’m SO SO SO SO SO excited for reaper 6. I hear it will support 16 bit audio and has up to 24 audio tracks
Hahaha.
javiramallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 01:53 AM   #82
tpunk

I want a mouse command to create a new MIDI item that fills the range selected by razor editing.

Then, if you are creating a MIDI item like me by "Insert MIDI item so that it fills the time selection", you can create a MIDI item without moving the time selection wastefully. In addition, you can always assign the left drag in the arrangement area blank to razor editing, which enables more rational work.

I want a setting that allows me to delete files from the original folder at the same time when I drag / drop files to a folder on the tree in Media Explorer.

Place the Recycle Bin so that you can delete files by dragging / dropping so that you can work with just the mouse.
tpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 03:38 PM   #83
mschnell

The prerelease versions seem to feature improvements regarding calculating the total project latency due to the PDCs of multiple plugins in a Row.

I just found that if you pin-route two plugins to work in parallel within a track, their PDCs are added and the sum adds to the PDC of the track while only the maximum should be used,.

Nonetheless the compensations itself is done correctly for such parallel installations (seemingly by adding a delay for the plugin with the lesser PDC).

BTW.: I found that the PDC specification with multi-channel plugins is understood as "per output". While with a JSFX you can specify the channels that the "pdcdelay" defines by "pdc_bot" and "pdc_top_ch", this setting applies to the output channels. Distinguishing the input channels is not possible.

I tried to do a JSFX that takes two stereo inputs, imposes a PDC drive effect at one of them and adds them to a single stereo pair. This does not seem to be possible.

-Michael

Last edited by mschnell; 10-19-2020 at 02:07 PM.
mschnell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 08:45 AM   #84
mabian

I know it's not a nice report (not much information), but while using this version I had three crashes to desktop in two days, mostly while tweaking FX bypass buttons (in monitoring FX chain mainly).

After going to 6.15rc1 I haven't got any.
So I wonder if something is going bonkers related to some new features only availavle in this pre and not in rc (PDC calculations maybe?)

- Mario
mabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 08:59 PM   #85
audiopc2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
The prerelease versions seem to feature improvements regarding calculating the total project latency due to the PDCs of multiple plugins in a Row.

I just found that if you pin-route two plugins to work in parallel within a track, their PDCs are added and the sum adds to the PDC of the track while only the maximum should be used,.

Nonetheless the compensations itself is done correctly for such parallel installations (seemingly by adding a delay for the plugin with the lesser PDC).

BTW.: I found that the PDC specification with multi-channel plugins is understood as "per output". While with a JSFX you can specify the channels that the "pdcdelay" defines by "pdc_bot" and "pdc_top_ch", this setting applies to the output channels. Distinguishing the input channels is not possible.

I tried to do a JSFX that takes two stereo inputs, imposes a PDC drive effect at one of them and adds them to a single stereo pair. This does not seem to be possible.

-Michael
Thanks for report this. We are waiting for your JSFX when exist a solution for a correct PDC.

I was thinking if it's possible to make a script for instant toggle the wet/dry control from 100 or current value to 0 and vice verse of the ALL Inserted FXs in selected tracks as solution for have a soft FX bypass without any delay or drops in the audio.

I know that exist the scripts: mpl_Toggle soft pseudo bypass focused FX.lua and amagalma_Toggle wet 0-100% (or current value) for focused FX.lua, both making the same action in the practice.

I was thinking if it's possible to make a script for instant toggle the wet/dry control from 100 or current value to 0 and vice verse of the ALL Inserted FXs in selected tracks as solution for have a soft FX bypass without any delay or drops in the audio.

I know that exist the scripts: mpl_Toggle soft pseudo bypass focused FX.lua and amagalma_Toggle wet 0-100% (or current value) for focused FX.lua, both making the same action in the practice. But them don't resolve the problem because only toggle the wet/dry value of the current focused FX.

We need other script or native solution that apply for all the FX chain and with an indicator showing that the FX are not affecting the audio signal when the wet/dry is 0.

Regards
audiopc2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 07:17 AM   #86
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tale View Post
When I install a new build of an existing plug-in REAPER no longer registers the plug-in as "new". Even removing the DLL entirely, then starting REAPER so it notices it's gone, and then re-installing the plug-in doesn't show it as "new".
Hmm what path is the plug-in in? If the file modified time of a plug-in changes, it should be marked...
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 09:01 AM   #87
Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Hmm what path is the plug-in in? If the file modified time of a plug-in changes, it should be marked...
C:\Program Files\REAPER (x64)\VstPlugins

BTW, I've just checked, and REAPER does update reaper-vstplugins64.ini, so I would seem it does detect the changed file. It just doesn't list it as "new".
Tale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 08:00 AM   #88
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tale View Post
C:\Program Files\REAPER (x64)\VstPlugins

BTW, I've just checked, and REAPER does update reaper-vstplugins64.ini, so I would seem it does detect the changed file. It just doesn't list it as "new".
Thanks, fixing!
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote