Old 10-15-2020, 06:12 AM   #1
Danny Medina
Human being with feelings

Default Native sfz/sfz2 play

It would be awesome if reaper would come with like a built in 'sfz/sfz2 player' or maybe if the 'reaSamplOmatic5000' would play them. Or if when you drag the file to the timeline some type of track would be created..
1 Corinthians 1:31
Danny Medina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 10:35 PM   #2
mschnell

IMHO, Sample Players should always be plugins, and not "native" in a DAW. Of course any DAW distribution might come with a collection or "courtesy" plugins, including sample players (AFAIK, some Cubase distributions come with Halioin, which is rumored to be a great sample player). But of course this needs full ongoing support by the company and hence is also included in the price .
-Michael
mschnell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 08:27 AM   #3
Danny Medina

Default Hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
IMHO, Sample Players should always be plugins, and not "native" in a DAW. Of course any DAW distribution might come with a collection or "courtesy" plugins, including sample players (AFAIK, some Cubase distributions come with Halioin, which is rumored to be a great sample player). But of course this needs full ongoing support by the company and hence is also included in the price .
-Michael
Hmmm, i guess from a business point of view it makes sence.. As far as maintaining it idk about that, ive been using the DSK sfz player for years and iavent really kept it up to date since all i need it to do is play the soundfont and anything fx related i do myself.
1 Corinthians 1:31
Danny Medina is offline   Reply With Quote