Old 02-21-2018, 06:26 PM   #1
Seldrums
Human being with feelings

Default Bulk change track template midi source?

Hi-

I'm wondering if there's a way to upgrade my Axiom 49 to an Axiom 61, then, make a change to all of the .tracktemplate files to reflect the change so I can make a smooth transition. I'm aware there are programs that can bulk change text within any file of a certain directory, but when I open any of the .tracktemplate files I can't find any keywords referring to the "axiom" or "midi" strings. Any help would be great.

Thanks!
Seldrums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 09:26 PM   #2
Philbo King

Describe your setup a bit more. Do you have certain faders mapped to Axion sliders? Do you have specific actions mapped to Axiom keys? Are you using the Aciom as controller only, or do you also use it to record midi notes?
Philbo King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 02:09 AM   #3
Seldrums

Thanks, Philbo. No, nothing fancy. Pretty simple, really. For example, I have lots of Omnisphere presets setup as a template on the Axiom 49, and would like to have it open armed and ready to go on the 61 without having to re-save the .tracktemplate to the Axiom 61. (When I try, it opens up and thinks it's going to use the Axiom 49 and I
have to switch the midi input to the Axiom 61 before it will play)

If I could open all the .tracktemplate files and bulk change / save the string that references the Axion 49 to 61 it would be really convenient. It would save me all the time to go in and re-save all my .tracktemplate files to Axiom 61.
Old 02-22-2018, 02:15 AM   #4
Seldrums

I'm only wanting it to play notes, I have no sliders mapped on any track templates or anything... just notation playback on all .tracktemplate files. Thanks again!
Old 02-22-2018, 02:22 AM   #5
Seldrums

One more thing.. as I said, I know there are third-party programs that can find and replace text strings in text files. However, when I open the .tracktemplate files, I can't find any reference to "Axiom 49" or "Midi Channel" anywhere in the file's text. I know it's possible that maybe there's another possibly cryptic string I should be searching? I wouldn't know what it could be. Maybe someone here might? Thanks!