Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 01-12-2023, 03:17 PM   #1
willpadgett
Human being with feelings

Default Runtime Error & Crash using specific Kontakt libraries

Hello, I've been working with Audiobro support and wracking my brain to figure something out for the last 3 days. I figure I should post to this forum in case a Reaper power user will have some suggestions for me. I will explain below:

When I set up a medium-large string orchestra template (22 tracks) using Modern Scoring Strings (MSS) and MSS Expanded Legato libraries, everything works fine, and I can compose and work through the session, but when I save/quit and call it back up the next sitdown, it crashes with [this Runtime error message](https://us.v-cdn.net/6034896/uploads...reaper-png.png)

I'm going back and forth on whether this is a Kontakt 6.7.1 issue or a Reaper issue. Everything works perfectly fine until I save and quit. I am hitting a wall with finding more information to further diagnose this runtime error.

Steps I have taken that haven't resolved this issue:
-Installed C++ 2015/2017/2019 Redistributables
-Reinstalled the MSS libraries' non-sample data
-Updated Reaper to 6.7.3
-Completed all Windows 10 updates
-Reconstructed the session from scratch, using lighter patches (one mic position)
-Batch resaved patches in Kontakt

Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5900x
RAM: 128 GB
Storage: 4 internal SSDs + 2 internal nvme.2 SSDs
Windows 10
Reaper 6.7.3
Kontakt 6.7.1

Thanks for any help you might have for me!
willpadgett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 09:45 AM   #2
luiza177

Had pretty much the exact same issue. Coincidentally using LASS3. I contacted Native Instruments customer support, but they denied that it was a Kontakt (6.7.1) issue. Though I'm skeptical about that, considering that if I use LASS3 with the free Kontakt 7 Player instead, the crashes stop.
luiza177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 04:53 PM   #3
willpadgett

Wow. That is extremely interesting. I am about to try using Kontakt 7 Player to rebuild the project, and see if the crashes stop.

I've been in a back-and-forth with Audiobro's support team, and they are going to unreasonable lengths in order to figure out what's going on (even opened my project folder and tested the problem on multiple computers!). Once we figure it out, I'll report back--but it sure seems like Kontakt 6.7.1 in the meantime.
Old 01-13-2023, 05:39 PM   #4
willpadgett

Actually, Kontakt 7 is crashing upon loading MSS--but only in this corrupted project. It would seem it may be a deeper problem than just Kontakt 6.7.1

Kontakt 7 opens up MSS just fine in standalone, and in a new project. It's only with this .rpp file...and the issue is replicable, it happens every time I build up the same instrumentation.
Old 01-14-2023, 11:05 AM   #5
luiza177

I saw in a few different places online that Kontakt 6.7.1 seems to be quite crash-prone. But if it's crashing with Kontakt 7 Player for you, then maybe it's either Audiobro and/or Reaper related. Would love to hear if they manage to solve this!

What instrumentation are you using?
luiza177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 01:20 AM   #6
robisme

I'm having this problem now with Kontakt 7.
Is it in some way a problem with MSS script ?
robisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 04:47 PM   #7
willpadgett

For the record, I got a beta version of the MSS instruments from Audiobro (v1.3), and replaced my old Kontakt patches with these--problem has completely vanished.