Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 06-21-2022, 06:02 AM   #1
gtrfinger
Human being with feelings

Default VST plug-in now increasing CPU on Reaper

Downloaded Izotope RX 8 elements a few weeks ago. It functions as a standalone audio repair app, and also as a plug-in within my DAW REAPER.

Absolutely brilliant. Can't fault it. So much better than what I was using before.

However, over the last week, the interface for the plug-in has slowed nearly to a standstill. Whereas before you could see the noise reduction in real time on the EQ analyser, now it's staggered, and the figures showing CPU usage have shot up from 0.5% to 6.5. It takes 10 seconds for any click on the interface to be registered now.

This is making it very difficult to adjust.

However the problem only occurs when it is a plug-in. As a standalone audio application it works fine.

I cannot work out what I've changed in the last couple of weeks to cause the RX elements plug-in to slow down soon much. I've done a system restore, I've uninstalled some Windows updates, uninstalled Izotope and then reinstalled, to no avail.

Could it be something within Reaper itself? Within the preferences settings for the VST PLUGINS? I don't recall changing any settings in here but, I'll try anything.

I'm using Windows 10 (which isn't the best, but at least I got my E-mu 0404 USB to work, eventually). Only thing I recently downloaded was Youlean loudness meter which works fine. All the other VST and VST3 work fine. It's just this one.

And yes, apologies,I joined this forum 8 years ago and this is my first post I think. Must bea record.
gtrfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 07:16 AM   #2
gtrfinger
Human being with feelings

FWIW. Sorry to have bothered you, I appear to have fixed the problem by updating Windows with every single update I've avoided over the last several months. The software must have been designed with the latest operating software in mind. So thank you Microsoft. And I don't say that very often.
gtrfinger is offline   Reply With Quote