lexaproductions
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by itamar92 View Post
hey, I've got a couple of minor bugs that annoy me:
. Sorry for being annoying.

Quote:
- "gradually transition tempo change to next marker" doesn't really work. it doesn't make any change to the tempo
It should be working if you add Stretch markers to the item before adding your Tempo change. Let me know if it doesn't work.

Quote:
- export does not always get the right stems. when I fill in in the "all stems" 0 and in the "original" 100 it still renders all the stems without the original. when I do it again (without changing anything) it comes out fine. and the opposite around
. Try it with the current build and send me a gif video if it doesn't work.

Quote:
another thing about the export - how can I change the naming method to be the full name of the song and not only the first letter of every word? in the earlier version of Realive it was like that and then you change it...
With a large Project Title, is becomes annoying so I opted for this alternative. I'll try to make it conditionnal to the Title length like protools. Stay tuned.

Quote:
- How does the new Reasampler Mode work? could it work like the regular live mode with stems?
I'll try to update the manual soon. While in the Reasmapler mode,, opening a new tab will give a modified template adapted for the mode. The Audio Routing is updated as well.

Quote:
- The compressor on the Cues Buss that you have added in the new update, is different from the compressors that were in the earlier versions on the Cue Busses?
Just a lower threshold so that The cues a more evened out. Nothing Fancy

Quote:
by the way, it will be great if you could post a thread every time you upload a new version. the updates are great and very important!
Well I release silently very often and I'd rather not spam the folder with a lot of my threads. I try to keep and updated Release notes file in the folder. I'll try to keep the first post from this thread updated

Quote:
Thanks again for this amazing product
You're welcome.
lexaproductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 04:56 AM   #162
Yorky

Default Integrating to a tab player

Hi Alex,

Something I've been toying with for some time now but being a novice programmer haven't got off the blocks yet, is to integrate the action markers to send a message outside of the Reaper environment to a tab player on another device such as a tablet [Android in my case] using Bluetooth.

I use Ultimate Guitar and have done for a long time now but they have not published a API of any sorts and probably never intend to. They do though, have a "pedal interface" on the Android app which does allow for a page turner device to drive the UG interface. I've been using one of those BT Rings [R51] and can start/stop the autoscroll feature for example.
However, sending such an equivalent message [ReaScript?] from the ReAlive timeline via a marker action would be cool IMO.

Have you considered such an add on to ReAlive, or does it already exist that I'm unaware of?

Thanks for putting in the masses of effort into ReAlive. Cheers
Yorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 05:46 AM   #163
lexaproductions

Hi Yorky,
I'm not too sure I understand the request. Maybe it can be done, but I don't fully grasp what you are asking sorry. You have a video or something?
lexaproductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 08:08 AM   #164
Yorky

Hi Alex,

I'll try to put a better "demo" togther. Thanks
Old 06-21-2022, 09:24 AM   #165
itamar92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorky View Post
Hi Alex,

Something I've been toying with for some time now but being a novice programmer haven't got off the blocks yet, is to integrate the action markers to send a message outside of the Reaper environment to a tab player on another device such as a tablet [Android in my case] using Bluetooth.

I use Ultimate Guitar and have done for a long time now but they have not published a API of any sorts and probably never intend to. They do though, have a "pedal interface" on the Android app which does allow for a page turner device to drive the UG interface. I've been using one of those BT Rings [R51] and can start/stop the autoscroll feature for example.
However, sending such an equivalent message [ReaScript?] from the ReAlive timeline via a marker action would be cool IMO.

Have you considered such an add on to ReAlive, or does it already exist that I'm unaware of?

Thanks for putting in the masses of effort into ReAlive. Cheers
Why not just send a regular midi messages to the device?
itamar92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 01:30 PM   #166
Yorky

Hi Itamar92,

To be perfectly honest, I've no idea how to.

Some more meat on the bones: When I bind a "pedal switch" to the UG pedal interface, the UI gives a value of "24" for example to start/stop auto-scroll. So a button or pedal switch interaction is identified as a numeric across a Bluetooth path to the remote tablet. What I would like to do is emulate that message out of the Reaper environment, across the Bluetooth path to the Android tablet to achieve the same end result. By making this a ReaScript action I would hope to embed that action into a marker on the Reaper timeline so as the play head passes the marker, the tab starts to auto-scroll on the remote device [for example]. Or equally assign the action [or other related actions] to some other control surface such as a foot controller [FCB1010?]

The detail of making that relatively simple transfer eludes me as I have no fecking idea how to code it up.

I have no experience of working with other guitar tab style programmes [SongBook for example] but have this notion that guitar tab players on remote devices in general would enjoy being driven from Reaper for auto "page turning" scenarios.

Whilst not specific to Alex's ReAlive initiative, it struck me as a potential add on that may be popular to live players such as myself whom often play a wide set of numbers and need those helpful props to get through. As I've gotten older, retaining words gets harder by the year!

Hope that helps a little to explain the potential use case?

Cheers
Old 06-21-2022, 10:22 PM   #167
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorky View Post
send a message outside of the Reaper environment to a tab player on another device such as a tablet [Android in my case] using Bluetooth.
You first need to get any Bluetooth issues straight. (There might be lots of them regarding functionality and latency.)

Bluetooth stuff is completely outside of Reaper and needs top converted to standard Midi (device) messages by other means (hardware and/or software).

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote