Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 07-16-2018, 11:49 PM   #1
meradium
Human being with feelings

Default How to change the height of the timeline / ruler in the arrangement?

Is there a way to change the height of the timeline/ruler to make it slightly higher and make space for a larger font?

I work on a 4k monitor 32" which makes things quite small (my purchasing mistake...) so I need to make things a little bigger.

Right now I can only manage to put the measures/beats on the small space there is. Would love to add also the timecode but for that I need more vertical space....

I searched quite a bit yesterday but couldn't find anything on the Web. I am almost 100% sure I must have missed it... Seems rather simple, theoretically
meradium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 03:10 PM   #2
meradium

Turns out you can simply click and drag below the default TOOLBAR on the left ??!?

Yet the scaling does a few strange things. It not onyl increases the area for the ruler/timeline but also the strange gray area above it... what is that used for anyways?

Luckily once by carefully moving the cursor I managed to get enough ruler height to fit both the bars and the timecode in a larger font size to make them readable on by 4k screen. Hurray!

Last edited by meradium; 07-18-2018 at 03:11 PM. Reason: error
meradium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 07:37 PM   #3
xpander

Quote:
Originally Posted by meradium View Post
Yet the scaling does a few strange things. It not onyl increases the area for the ruler/timeline but also the strange gray area above it... what is that used for anyways?
The area above the ruler is for the time signature markers, regular markers and regions.

You can adjust the ruler area height also by dragging the bottom of the ruler if you tick the related option; Preferences/Editing Behavior/Mouse, Allow resizing ruler by dragging bottom edge.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 03:09 PM   #4
hopi

yes but I thought the OP wanted to actually enlarge the ruler itself... that pref just lets you drag the ruler open to expose more of the marker and region lanes above it...

so without that option you have to do that from the main toolbar, eh?

but really what he might like to try is some of the 200% themes... which can be found of the stash by going to Themes and searching for 200%
Old 07-20-2018, 04:16 AM   #5
xpander

Just like Meradium already noticed, dragging will make ruler lane bigger, along with the marker/region area on top of it (giving almost 1/2 more height for the ruler lane at max.). The option I mentioned doesn't change that, it just adds dragging from the bottom of the ruler as a means to do it.

But you are right, 200% themes may well help too, and not only with ruler.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote