Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 12-12-2017, 09:39 AM   #1
themetalhobbit
Human being with feelings

Default Recording with two mics simultaneously

Hello everyone! First post here and I hope it's not too painfully "newbie". To cut straight to the point, I was hoping to try recording my amp with two mics simultaneously (the usual SM57 and a 57 Beta A) but it seems that no matter what I do I can only ever get Reaper to detect whichever mic is in "Input 1".

I'm running into a POD UX2 that was purchased new awhile ago now. What I do is open up Reaper, create two tracks, set the inputs to mono and "left" for input one and "right" for input two. When I do this both tracks are still just picking up Mic/Input 1.

I'll drop a line over at the Line 6 forums too in case it's a POD issue.

Any insight would be very sincerely appreciated!
themetalhobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 10:53 AM   #2
ashcat_lt

Your problem probably lies in Line6's setup utility for the UX2. I have a UX1, and it has a couple of different modes for how it routes it's inputs to the DAW.

Double check that you have Reaper set up to use the ASIO driver and have all available inputs and outputs defined. Then click the ASIO Configuration button to get to the manufacturer's utility, and then figure out what you need to do there to make it work.
ashcat_lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 08:32 AM   #3
themetalhobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashcat_lt View Post
Your problem probably lies in Line6's setup utility for the UX2. I have a UX1, and it has a couple of different modes for how it routes it's inputs to the DAW.

Double check that you have Reaper set up to use the ASIO driver and have all available inputs and outputs defined. Then click the ASIO Configuration button to get to the manufacturer's utility, and then figure out what you need to do there to make it work.
Thanks for the reply! I'll give that a try today when I'm back at home.
themetalhobbit is offline   Reply With Quote