Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Pre-Release Discussion

Old 11-05-2019, 09:04 AM   #41
Meo-Ada Mespotine
Human being with feelings

Regarding gfx.init, how much work would it be to include different window-styles, like borderless, etc? Would this be possible(if yes, I'll open up a FR on that )?

On vacation for the time being...
Meo-Ada Mespotine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 12:22 PM   #42
muorsic

Default MIDI overdub/replace bug?

Hi everyone.
I've noticed that at some point, few releases ago, I hear double signal from any VSTi while overdubbing MIDI to an existing MIDI item.
It only happens after I apply any edit to the MIDI item (delete or move a note) and try to overdub over it.
It also happens on "MIDI touch-replace" mode.
And I can hear the double signal only while recording.

While testing around, another issue was missing notes while recording on "MIDI-replace" mode.

I've been trying to use other midi inputs, stop all running scripts, testing a blank file. Something seems to be off.

Has anyone else experience these issues?
muorsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 03:37 PM   #43
ivansc

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
Nice!

This build is for my son's 2nd birthday, which is today!
Wow! Cant believe its been 2 years, Mario!!! Give him a hug from all of us!
Old 11-05-2019, 04:47 PM   #44
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
Wow! Cant believe its been 2 years, Mario!!! Give him a hug from all of us!
I second that.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 01:26 AM   #45
srdmusic

Default Possible action focus bug

I have experienced a possible bug in the recent pre-releases dating back as far as v5.984+dev1017.

While 'one midi editor per session' is set in preference and the MIDI editor is in focus, I trigger the 'select all' action. Instead of the selecting all the MIDI data within the MIDI editor, Reaper selects all the items in session. This intern selects and displays all the MIDI data in my session instead of the intended action of selecting just the MIDI data in the open midi item.

When working in a larger session with a lot of MIDI items this can halt Reaper for more than a few mins. At this point it is sometimes more time efficient to force quit Reaper than to wait for it freeze up for several minutes while select and display every item in the session

Here's the steps taken to hopefully rule out the possibility of a noob user error:

1) Neither of the 'select all' actions in the MIDI editor or the Main action list is set to 'global'.

2) The is no pass through action for select all in the MIDI editor action list.

3) This issue has happened while my standard set of scripts are running and without them running in the background so I don't think there is a third party script that's causing the issue.

Can anyone think of a reason why Reaper would randomly switch focus to the main window while working in the MIDI editor?
srdmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 02:00 AM   #46
srdmusic

Default Beats (Auto-stretch at tempo change)

Thank you DEVs for adding the option for items to automatically add stretch markers when moving items across multiple tempo changes.

Would it be possible to add this timebase option on the track level so that all newly created items on that track would automatically create stretch markers if there is more than one tempo change applied to the item. This would alleviate the need for the user to manually apply that new timebase type to each new item.

It would also be nice to add this to the 'default for new track' preference so the use doesn't have to manually set the timebase for the track as well as each individual item.

I personally can't think of a scenario where the user would normally want an average tempo rate between tempo change instead of the real tempo of the given tempo marker unless the user is purposely trying to get really off the grid. Perhaps this new timebase should also be the global default for Reaper instead of the current Beat (position, length, rate).

If it didn't already come across it above nerdy dissertation, You DEV F%&king rock and current implementation of this new feature already kicks a$$.
srdmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 04:54 AM   #47
bamsehopp

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhelixK View Post
fxlist plugin works with latest +Dev version and macOS 10.13/14/15.
If you're on 10.15, check this thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=2192950
I'm on Mojave so that's strange. Maybe I'm missing something easy here, in my portable install of the dev version it's action just won't show among the actions but on my regular, last public version it will. It's the same thing with ReaPack but SWS seems to work fine. Any ideas on that?
bamsehopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 07:04 AM   #48
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamsehopp View Post
I'm on Mojave so that's strange. Maybe I'm missing something easy here, in my portable install of the dev version it's action just won't show among the actions but on my regular, last public version it will. It's the same thing with ReaPack but SWS seems to work fine. Any ideas on that?
I have them here on Mojave using the same resource path for public and +dev, not sure what could be the issue with your installation. Maybe check user privileges for each dylib [Cmd+i] and macOS security (Gatekeeper). For Mojave I haven’t changed anything, only for Catalina all bundles had to be forced. Alternatively make a copy of ini-files and try restart without S&M.ini / dopp.ini /reapack.ini (RESET!).
PhelixK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 10:39 AM   #49
Subers

The problem in build v5. 984+dev1104 is not displayed contextual toolbars over tcp when you press the button activating this function. SWS extension V. 2. 10. 0 build on Feb 14 2019
On V 5.984 everything is fine
Subers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 12:39 PM   #50
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subers View Post
The problem in build v5. 984+dev1104 is not displayed contextual toolbars over tcp when you press the button activating this function. SWS extension V. 2. 10. 0 build on Feb 14 2019
On V 5.984 everything is fine
For the +dev versions you'd need to use the SWS version from Landoleet.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 01:57 PM   #51
IXix

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
From what I gather from here, if a plugin signals the host 'VST2/3 versions are compatible' the host can load the VST3 version in a project which was previously saved with the VST2 version of it and keep the settings intact.
Thanks!
IXix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 04:14 PM   #52
bamsehopp

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhelixK View Post
I have them here on Mojave using the same resource path for public and +dev, not sure what could be the issue with your installation. Maybe check user privileges for each dylib [Cmd+i] and macOS security (Gatekeeper). For Mojave I haven’t changed anything, only for Catalina all bundles had to be forced. Alternatively make a copy of ini-files and try restart without S&M.ini / dopp.ini /reapack.ini (RESET!).

I checked the user privileges and stuff but I don't think its the file since the same file works fine in my regular reaper. I did try the reset thing but with no luck, really strange!

While at it I found a sort of bug where a midi mapped knob would lag a lot when moved with the controller, but that one didn't bother me that much, I think its just a gui thing.
Old 11-06-2019, 04:18 PM   #53
bamsehopp

Quote:
I checked the user privileges and stuff but I don't think its the file since the same file works fine in my regular reaper. I did try the reset thing but with no luck, really strange!

While at it I found a sort of bug where a midi mapped knob would lag a lot when moved with the controller, but that one didn't bother me that much, I think its just a gui thing.

oh shit I'm such a jackass, I just realized I downloaded the 32 bit version, that's why!
Old 11-07-2019, 05:23 AM   #54
PhelixK

Quote:
oh shit I'm such a jackass, I just realized I downloaded the 32 bit version, that's why!
haha excellent ;-)
– as @nofish correctly said, for full sws functionality remember to use rev_4d87067
PhelixK is offline   Reply With Quote