Old 03-16-2011, 05:52 PM   #121
ObiK
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Ruggiero View Post
Is there going to be some sort of "platinum package" where you can get all the amps?
Most likely yes but also keep in mind that as we add more, instead of having to upgrade to the next version of AmpliTube, you'll also have the option to just get exactly what you want from each upgrade as we add more and more. Big changes coming..
Old 03-16-2011, 11:42 PM   #122
Brian @ IK Multimedia

Existing AmpliTube titles will still be available for sale, and will authorize the corresponding models in AmpliTube 3.5 Custom Shop.

New models will be introduced on a monthly basis, so the list of available models will continue to grow.
Brian @ IK Multimedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:03 AM   #123
jens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam C View Post
Does Vandal respond the same way, if you tested?

I have been fairly satisfied with Amp 3 and Vandal. Enough goofing around with them and there are some pretty good sounds for me. But I am only a home recorder so i try not to get to crazy about any one aspect that will keep me from playing.

I'm really wondering where all this praise for Vandal comes from.

I consider it the poorest simulation I ever heard. What sounded the least bad for me on guitar was actually its bass-amp (which sucks for bass though).

I normally like Sascha's creations but Vandall's amps are really a pile of garbage in my opinion.
jens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:31 AM   #124
chrisharbin

edit, not worth it.

I'm glad I have so many choices
chrisharbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:50 AM   #125
Sam C

Quote:
Originally Posted by jens View Post
I'm really wondering where all this praise for Vandal comes from.

I consider it the poorest simulation I ever heard. What sounded the least bad for me on guitar was actually its bass-amp (which sucks for bass though).

I normally like Sascha's creations but Vandall's amps are really a pile of garbage in my opinion.
Well, I sure do not agree it is garbage. I have GR3, Amp 3, Kaussa, TH1, and a few freebies. To me Vandal is the go to sim for most realistic sounds..outside of metal....cause I just don't know metal sounds.

But funny come to think of it. I hear people say reaper sucks, logic has the best audio engine, nuendo sounds better than Sonar but SAW sounds the best. Strange the way we hear.....
Old 03-17-2011, 01:41 PM   #126
chrisharbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam C View Post
Well, I sure do not agree it is garbage. I have GR3, Amp 3, Kaussa, TH1, and a few freebies. To me Vandal is the go to sim for most realistic sounds..outside of metal....cause I just don't know metal sounds.

But funny come to think of it. I hear people say reaper sucks, logic has the best audio engine, nuendo sounds better than Sonar but SAW sounds the best. Strange the way we hear.....
+1

I seem to remember someone recently who said something wasn't very good who after learning to use it started to say they liked it. I can't remember who it was though.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:38 PM   #127
ObiK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiK View Post
Most likely yes but also keep in mind that as we add more, instead of having to upgrade to the next version of AmpliTube, you'll also have the option to just get exactly what you want from each upgrade as we add more and more. Big changes coming..
Correction: Still in the works. You will be able to buy Packs the same way you buy albums on iTunes and individual gear like you buy singles on itunes.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:04 AM   #128
RuairiAU

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisharbin View Post
+1

I seem to remember someone recently who said something wasn't very good who after learning to use it started to say they liked it. I can't remember who it was though.
I'm pretty sure that was me in the very first post of this thread, I said Line 6 POD Farm didn't sound very good and pattonfreak1 proved me wrong.

What I've learnt is that what I thought it was the Amp Sim lacking in tonal quality was actually a problem with my recording technique. Since then I have been recording with 4 guitar tracks, panning them 100%R, 80%R, 80%L and 100%L, then 'gluing' them together with a compressor and EQ. My guitar sound has never sounded better. Tones in PODFarm that I had once considered too thin and weak to record with now sound much better using this technique.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:40 AM   #129
HOFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuairiAU View Post
I'm pretty sure that was me in the very first post of this thread, I said Line 6 POD Farm didn't sound very good and pattonfreak1 proved me wrong.

What I've learnt is that what I thought it was the Amp Sim lacking in tonal quality was actually a problem with my recording technique. Since then I have been recording with 4 guitar tracks, panning them 100%R, 80%R, 80%L and 100%L, then 'gluing' them together with a compressor and EQ. My guitar sound has never sounded better. Tones in PODFarm that I had once considered too thin and weak to record with now sound much better using this technique.
Head over to guitarampmodeling.com and have a read of the forum over there. Pay particular attention to LePou's amps, Alu's 3 channel amp, acme bar gig's Shred/Headcase and the info on using IR (eg rewirez + iFace). Then read up on using EQ notches to get rid of the high fizz that plagues amp sims.

Then, do your 4 track guitars again and you'll never touch PODFarm again for things other than tracking.
HOFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:59 AM   #130
RuairiAU

That's exactly what I use it for. I've started using AcmeBarGig Headcase for my final guitars. It's a great plugin.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:51 AM   #131
pipelineaudio
Mortal

I just tried Alu's just now. Great to have so many choices!
pipelineaudio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 12:37 PM   #132
chrisharbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuairiAU View Post

It was not you sir! It was actually in a different thread and involved someone who is particularly pointed their opinions who IIRC was eventually won over.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:06 PM   #133
Dali

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipelineaudio View Post
The Excorcist was "based on" a true story too, Just how close are they?
Pipe ! Here's a text I read about 10 years ago on the subject. It's a really great read !

http://www.strangemag.com/exorcistpage1.html

Read all 5 parts.

And here's the guy: Donald E. Hunkeler http://www.paranormaltaskforce.com/i...s/hunkeler.jpg

End of my off-topic post...

Dali

Last edited by Dali; 03-18-2011 at 01:39 PM. Reason: it's a 5 parts article and link to photo added
Dali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:59 PM   #134
vidalsh

I´ve tried all...

poulin, amplitube, th1, vandal...etc

the only ones than runs well with my fender is guitar rig 4...

you can believe or not...better if you try...

the best guitar amp simulator and the best sound is guitar rig 4, fo me of course...
vidalsh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 02:35 AM   #135
strangedogs

Here's a preview of the newest Headcase Builds (Beta) - the Amp is just the shell - knobs, etc are not there yet... with all the new heads (16 counting Modern and Old School), effects, new stomps, etc - this is going to be a true work of art and for the price ($26 if you pre-purchase now) will be truly unrivaled.

New stomps pedalboard preview - Completely new and streamlined - looks awesome

We're waiting for the Pre-Purchasers release right now in the Pre-Purchase private forum as it's about finished according to Ken. Pre-Purchasers will get it first - there will be a freeware version released eventually I'm told but not as full-featured.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:54 AM   #136
JohnnyMcFly

Thanks strange..
Yes Of course there is going to be a freeware version..and I think we're going to remove the popup from it too so that it cannot be considered adware...

@Jens..
I like Vandal for at least a couple reasons, First is I love their modeled cabs because unlike IR modeled cabs seems to respond a little more dynamically. Second is I like the way it responds...But its all a subjective thing right?