Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

View Poll Results: Would you like to see a dedicated drum sampler as part of Reaper
Yes, it would make my stomach tingle. 178 90.36%
No, the idea sucks and makes my teeth grind. 19 9.64%
Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-30-2008, 02:38 AM   #41
inthepipeline
Human being with feelings

Location: Bristol, UK. Slowly sinking island next to mainland Europe

Yes Tallis, Jamester,

I agree with you both in principle. It is important that the dev. team are concentrating on the areas of Reaper which need the most attention, but then it could be said that any development 'steals' development from another area. I agree that the balance should be right, but then who is to decide. Everyone is going to have a different opinion about this.

As for available alternatives, I've tried many alternatives, just with one or two pads (they take a fair while to program).

Despite my efforts Battery is the only one that I have managed to get really good results from. In terms of workflow Battery 3 is probably the best solution I have found so far.

Building templates, projects, FX chains using multiple instances of plugs and doing a bit of routing in Reaper is sooo easy. I don't find this daunting at all, but then I come from the old analog environment. There weren't even any matrices around in those days, just patchbays and the usual shortage of leads!

Regarding ADSR and ReaSamplOmatic, well the plug itself has attack and release, but I meant this in terms of using other Reaper plugs to control these functions. We have gates, compressors, etc., not to mention the new sidechain stuff and all the extra control that implies.

Regarding Ground-up design of a new sampler, my feeling is that the extra functionality already mentioned, added to ReaSampOlmatic might be enough to make the difference. On the occasions that I have made feature requests, they have usually been considered on the basis of adding functionality to already existing things within Reaper. I think this way because hopefully they will use less development cycles rather than more. In turn, if others agree with the FR and the devs. consider the job worth doing it might just happen.

This is fine. After all, this forum is here for many reasons, one of them to stimulate debate. It seems to be working
Old 09-30-2008, 08:22 AM   #42
moodswinger

Tallis-
Thanks for the explanation.
Now I understand what you're saying.
Could Cockos takeover and fix up CS2??
And I agree it could be cool, and yeah probably offer a significantly better end result.
But for what I use it for Samplomatic works for me I know others would like it updated tho.
if there's a sound you play, that doesn't fit today,
why not just play the bastard anyway.

Be Schitzophonic.
moodswinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 05:44 AM   #43
funkydoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric71 View Post
I've been having good results with Softdrum LTD from Frettedsynth. It can load 4 wav samples for each of its 12 pads, you can tweak the velocity splitting and panning, midi trigger, etc. Nothing fancy, but it works for me (and is free). A native Reaper plugin with similar features and without synthedit related quirkiness and cpu hit would be cool.
works great for me too. Very easy to use and can be configured to do exactly what you want it to. 12 pads, 4 samples per pad which are triggered at customisable velocity thresholds, 6 outs, grouping to avoid hi-hats overlapping etc. Sorted!
funkydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 06:03 AM   #44
moodswinger

Hey guys I came across this while searching for MIDI routing to multiple tracks. And thought maybe it'd be good to get some (more) exposure from this lot as it looks to be the possibly easier most applicable (wide range) solution. Schwa even commented about loving to see it implemented.

Check it out.
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=14896

Cheers,
MoodSwinger

Be Schitzophonic.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:43 AM   #45
jamester

Moodswinger - That thread is about improving the piano roll to be more "drum friendly"; I don't see what that has to do with this thread requesting a new instrument. Granted they both deal with drums, but it's two different things, no?

And also realize that we've had a few of the suggestions from that thread integrated into Reaper, like the triangle midi note "drum view" and the hiding of unused rows...

To me that thread is more of a "global" request as it affects everyone who uses the midi editor, regardless of what drum instrument they are using.
jamester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 10:47 AM   #46
jamester

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthepipeline View Post
Regarding ADSR and ReaSamplOmatic, well the plug itself has attack and release, but I meant this in terms of using other Reaper plugs to control these functions. We have gates, compressors, etc., not to mention the new sidechain stuff and all the extra control that implies.
Sorry, that's not the same thing.

The way I see it, if we're going to have a native sampler at all, it should have real sampler functions. And if we had that combined with a way to "rack" them together into autonomous chains, we'd have a kick-ass drum solution that I think everyone would be happy with. Much like what Talli is saying about SC2 (but unless Claes gives Justin the code and his blessings, that's never going to happen). So beefing up ReaSamplomatic is the next best thing, as the foundation already exists, and works well for what it does.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:35 AM   #47
moodswinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamester View Post
Moodswinger - That thread is about improving the piano roll to be more "drum friendly"; I don't see what that has to do with this thread requesting a new instrument. Granted they both deal with drums, but it's two different things, no?
I suppose I misunderstood then, because the first half of the thread seemed like FR was for a MIDI Drum Editor, which I took to mean, like having an integrated ReaDrum with more "drum" options / control when you used the drum editor over the general MIDI editor. The second half seemed to get a bit convoluted (as usual) but with the screen shots and Lawrence's explanation, I must've misunderstood. Which Yes, would be somewhat different, but I figured, might be a workable / usable, (read less Dev intensive / more user friendly tweakable) solution to having a whole new sampler, which yourself and others feel is unnecessary, but that most others (going by poll numbers) seem to want.

****EDIT****
And really the argument of 3rd party options is irrelevant, due to the fact that aside from basic functionality, there are dedicated, usable, quality 3rd party options for just about every additional feature requested. EXCEPT for a Media File cataloging / Filtering type plug or app. Not meant to sound confrontational, just making the point that most "additional" features people in general want added "native", are widely available 3rd party.
******End of Edit******

Quote:
And also realize that we've had a few of the suggestions from that thread integrated into Reaper, like the triangle midi note "drum view" and the hiding of unused rows...
as I also stated in my post in that thread...
http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...0&postcount=74

Quote:
To me that thread is more of a "global" request as it affects everyone who uses the midi editor, regardless of what drum instrument they are using.
I guess yes, if it was meant the way you took it go, and no, if you took it the way I meant it to go. If you read my post, I took it to be or sugg'd a "separate" version of the general MIDI editor, Dedicated to Drum input or manipulation.

Be Schitzophonic.

Last edited by moodswinger; 10-01-2008 at 11:50 AM.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:46 AM   #48
jamester

Hey Mood - yes I've gone and re-read your post there more carefully; at first I wasn't sure if you understood that those features (in your quote) were already implemented. Now I see what you're saying about a "seperate" editor...

I'm not sure it needs to be so seperate though; we could certainly have a full "Drum Mode" for the Midi Editor with many of these options already enabled, but it's also cool that we can mix-n-match what we like (that's the Reaper way!), so in that way it's unified but personalized at the same time.

Either way I still see this as two different discussions, one being how Reaper handles the "notation" of midi drum programming, the other being how Reaper might natively handle the actual use of drum samples/synthesis through a new or improved instrument.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:46 AM   #49
eMaRe

+1
Like reasamplomatic
Needs
- ability to load a whole kit
- drag and drop loading from explorer
- multi outs
Thats it!
eMaRe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 11:56 AM   #50
moodswinger

Quote:
I'm not sure it needs to be so seperate though; we could certainly have a full "Drum Mode" for the Midi Editor with many of these options already enabled, but it's also cool that we can mix-n-match what we like (that's the Reaper way!), so in that way it's unified but personalized at the same time.
I agree with this, exactly.

Basically you pick Drum Mode and a different set of options is available. That I agree would be ideal and (probably) the easiest route. Just add functionality to a couple of existing items.

I know- seems simple enough for someone who knows nothing about the coding and all the other stuff.

Be Schitzophonic.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:39 AM   #51
Reverbio

eMaRe

Nailed it !

simplicity is everything.
Reverbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:23 PM   #52
inthepipeline

I've not heard any mention of a drum sampler for 64bit Reaper (apart from me) yet. Much talk of how people would like 'flashy' functions, but nothing about simply getting a drum sampler VST plug which would work with all versions of Reaper. Funny that.

It seems that the idea of having almost limitless amounts of memory at our disposal for VST FX and Instruments, super-fast, 64bit computing with its much more even even core-core distribution and vastly superior computing power doesn't interest anyone on this thread so far.

This is one of the major reasons for this FR, but as yet no-one has commented on this aspect.

Or am I wrong?
Old 10-05-2008, 01:41 PM   #53
17hex

Default arachnid drum sampler

Hi all

I've been lurking on this thread as I finished the first version of my own drum sampler VSTi. It's called Arachnid and you can get it from:

http://17hex.net/arachnid

Now a few things I'd like to get out of the way:
1. Yes, it is made in Synthedit, BUT I specifically kept tweaking it and trying it IN REAPER until all of the "normal synthedit quirkiness" had gone away as far as I could tell. Please let me know if you find otherwise and I'll try to fix it.

2. It doesn't have half the features requested here YET. Multiple samples per pad that are velocity mapped would not be that hard to do (I say this before having tried it), and is a GREAT idea that I'll give a try to when I get a chance. So far I have NOT gotten Drag'n'Drop sample adding to work in SE, but that is my next biggest goal, as I think Reaper's media explorer is a WAY better way to preview samples than trying to do it myself in SE.

3. In general the plugin looks REALLY simple. This is intentional. There are plenty of great drum plugins out there, but I am a really big fan of simple, uncluttered GUI's and usability/musicality over complexity. For example, Battery is a GREAT plugin, but I find it to be WAY too much, to the point that it's not FUN to use..

Please someone try it and let me know how it works for you and if there's anything you think I should change (while keeping it as straightforward as possible). I hope someone finds this useful... or at least usable.

Thanks and peace

17hex
http://17hex.net
17hex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 02:01 PM   #54
brice

didn't read through the whole thread (sorry!) but I do like the idea of an advanced ReaSamplOmatic5000, yet keeping it simple.

I'll probably read the thread, and maybe try to make a mockup of what I can think of design-wise.
brice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 02:14 PM   #55
Limeflavour

17hex, the reaper link on your page is wrong. (should be reaper.fm not .com)
Limeflavour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 02:43 PM   #56
jamester

Quote:
I've not heard any mention of a drum sampler for 64bit Reaper (apart from me) yet. Much talk of how people would like 'flashy' functions, but nothing about simply getting a drum sampler VST plug which would work with all versions of Reaper. Funny that.
I think it's a more important discussion to decide if-and-what a native drum solution would be, before we get into the details of whether it'll be 64-bit compatible or not. Aren't you putting the cart before the horse, so to speak?

Quote:
It seems that the idea of having almost limitless amounts of memory at our disposal for VST FX and Instruments, super-fast, 64bit computing with its much more even even core-core distribution and vastly superior computing power doesn't interest anyone on this thread so far.
None of this is that useful or important for drum samplers (in the way that we are discussing them). Sounds like you should be in another thread if this is what you want to talk about. This thread is to discuss the possibilities of a native drum instrument, not 64-bit computing...
Old 10-05-2008, 02:44 PM   #57
jamester

Quote:
Originally Posted by brice View Post
I'll probably read the thread, and maybe try to make a mockup of what I can think of design-wise.
Yes, please do!

You've got a way with mockups...
Old 10-05-2008, 02:57 PM   #58
jamester

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17hex View Post
2. It doesn't have half the features requested here YET. Multiple samples per pad that are velocity mapped would not be that hard to do (I say this before having tried it), and is a GREAT idea that I'll give a try to when I get a chance. So far I have NOT gotten Drag'n'Drop sample adding to work in SE, but that is my next biggest goal, as I think Reaper's media explorer is a WAY better way to preview samples than trying to do it myself in SE.
While I always applaud the independents working hard to make a difference, I'm afraid that you might be a little late to the party on this. There have been so many free SE drum samplers, and they all suffer mostly the same problems - a few of which are quoted above (another is lack of multiple Outs). SE just doesn't allow enough features to do it right, like Preview and Drag-n-Drop - essential for a drum sampler. At least Preview; it is asking too much (IMO) to preview the samples in Reaper's explorer and then have to navigate to the same samples in the instrument in order to load them. Twice the work.

Take a look at Poise if you haven't already - it's made in Synthmaker IIRC, and Shannon (the developer) has been able to integrate these things, and a lot more. It's not free, but it's cheap for what you get and still evolving (like Reaper). At the very least compare and contrast, to perhaps better shape the course of your own instrument!

Here's Poise:
http://www.anothersmallclue.com/poise.php

Here's 26 pages of free drum samplers:
http://www.kvraudio.com/get.php?mode...&sort=1&rpp=45
Old 10-05-2008, 03:54 PM   #59
17hex

Jamester: thanks for the feedback. Although I agree that I am rather late to the "drum sampler in SE" party, I tend to gravitate toward D.I.Y. rather than settling for something that isn't *quite* the way I want it. Plus, I wanted to learn how to make a drum sampler because, well, it was interesting :-)

I would like to respectfully point out that neither of the SE issues you pointed out are actually SE issues, per se... The plugin I made (in the FREE version of SE) supports two separate stereo output pairs, which work quite well in Reaper (do "Insert virtual instrument on new track" and it will automatically add and route the separate outputs perfectly). When i get the $50 it costs for the full version of SE (as opposed to $133 for a rights-limited version of Synthmaker or $255 for a full version) I will be able to upgrade it and get as many outputs as I want. As for Drag'N'Drop, this is something I am working on, but there is nothing inherent about SE that prevents it from working.. I just haven't figured out how to do it yet ;-)

As for preview of samples, what I was saying about Reaper's media explorer was that *with drag'n'drop* sample adding, there would be no reason to use up resources in my plugin by duplicating the preview functionality already built into Reaper.

In general I think the main drawback of software like SE or SM is that it is really easy to make *average* (or worse) plugins (but much harder to make good ones), so there are thousands of mediocre plugins out there, and many less great ones.

Poise is a great plugin and more than suitable for what most Reaper users want. If i hadn't mostly finished Arachnid before i saw it, I might have just used that. On the other hand, Poise costs the same as a full license of SE (which lets me make as many plugins as i want)...

Like I said, I just hope someone other than me finds my free plugin usable. Either way it was fun to make, and I learned a lot.

Thanks

17hex
Old 10-05-2008, 04:06 PM   #60
jamester

Quote:
Plus, I wanted to learn how to make a drum sampler because, well, it was interesting :-)
Oh definitely - I tried myself for a bit with the CM version of Synthmaker, but realized very quickly that it would take much more time and effort than I had the patience to dedicate. But I'm definitely all for the DIYers, power to the people I always say, one of the reasons I love and support Reaper.

Quote:
I would like to respectfully point out that neither of the SE issues you pointed out are actually SE issues, per se... The plugin I made (in the FREE version of SE) supports two separate stereo output pairs, which work quite well in Reaper (do "Insert virtual instrument on new track" and it will automatically add and route the separate outputs perfectly). When i get the $50 it costs for the full version of SE (as opposed to $133 for a rights-limited version of Synthmaker or $255 for a full version) I will be able to upgrade it and get as many outputs as I want. As for Drag'N'Drop, this is something I am working on, but there is nothing inherent about SE that prevents it from working.. I just haven't figured out how to do it yet ;-)
Indeed, well clarified. I saw that you noted about the outputs on your website, so I tried to tie that comment in with the quote. I believe sample preview is a limitation of SE, and while I totally agree that if you can d-n-d from the Explorer that basically negates the preview issue, I don't think I've ever seen a SE drum instrument that had it. If it is do-able, please do! lol

By all means keep up the good work, and I'll download it and give it a spin for sure. I love the look of it btw!
Old 10-05-2008, 07:12 PM   #61
jamester

17hex:

Playing with Arachnid a bit... What I liked about its looks was how "Ableton" it was; turns out it's mapped to the same notes as Impulse! Coincidence? ;-)

One request right off the bat is for a visual indication of what pad is being triggered. Also, a way to reset faders and knobs to their default; I prefer double-clicking personally.

Very cool though, I'll check it out some more later...
Old 10-05-2008, 08:27 PM   #62
17hex

Jamester

I love the feedback! I made the GUI in a "flat" style like Ableton because I like how clean it looks, and the way the knobs clearly indicate their position. The key mapping is actually the industry standard for MIDI controllers (called the "C3 Standard") where C3 (note 60) is Middle C instead of C4 (note 72). I just made it that way to be the most compatible with MIDI/drum controllers like the Axiom49 I have.

As soon as I read the suggestion to have the pads show which note is being triggered, it was a "oh duh I should have thought of that" moment. If I didn't have to go to work tomorrow morning I'd put that in right now.. The reset button idea is also great, and I recall even seeing a SE prefab to accomplish this. As soon as I get more time I'll try to build those in (and maybe figure out the best way to do multiple samples per pad/velocity mapping).

I'm so glad I posted this here! This will be a huge improvement..

thanks!
Old 10-06-2008, 05:51 AM   #63
inthepipeline

Jamester,

So you think that the author of a thread should be told what it should contain?
I know what this thread is about. I started it.

Last edited by inthepipeline; 10-06-2008 at 05:53 AM.
inthepipeline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:23 AM   #64
jamester

Quote:
Jamester,

So you think that the author of a thread should be told what it should contain?
I know what this thread is about. I started it.
It's kinda funny actually, because your previous post seemed so off-topic that I didn't even realize (when responding) that you were the OP!

I guess I was just confused how:
Quote:
Come on Reaperites! Vote with me for a native Reaper Drum Sampler
became:
Quote:
This seems like two different things to me. The Poll asks "Would you like to see a dedicated drum sampler as part of Reaper?"...what does limitless amounts of memory and even core distribution have to do with the question of whether or not there should be a new instrument in Reaper?
Old 10-06-2008, 10:31 AM   #65
jamester

Quote:
I made the GUI in a "flat" style like Ableton because I like how clean it looks, and the way the knobs clearly indicate their position. The key mapping is actually the industry standard for MIDI controllers (called the "C3 Standard") where C3 (note 60) is Middle C instead of C4 (note 72). I just made it that way to be the most compatible with MIDI/drum controllers like the Axiom49 I have.
I love Ableton's look also. As for the key mapping, that's interesting; I always took the "C3 and only white keys" mapping to be an Impulse thing. Most of the drum instruments I've used have been closer to GM mapping, starting on 36 for the Kick and going up chromatically. This is how Guru and Battery's kits are. But no matter either way, it's all assignable right?

Keep up the good work, and keep us posted as you progress with it!
Old 10-07-2008, 06:15 AM   #66
inthepipeline

Just to re-iterate:

Quote:
I've mentioned this before, but there are now more important reasons for having a plugin like this, especially with Reaper for Mac, Reaper for Linux and more importantly for me Reaper64, using only 64bit plugins.
Maybe I should have written "and all that this implies" for clarity.

Last edited by inthepipeline; 10-07-2008 at 06:22 AM.
inthepipeline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 01:49 PM   #67
Limeflavour

Hehe, above poster is funny as h*ll!

edit: Huh? where did the above post go!? am I hallucinating?

Last edited by Limeflavour; 04-25-2009 at 02:44 PM.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:07 PM   #68
pipelineaudio
Mortal

I like techno music

Especially the type with well endowed chicks on mopeds
pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 07:22 PM   #69
brainwreck

a few features added to reasamplomatic like random samples, velocity mapping, choke, and tabs (like reaeq, readelay) would provide enough functionality for most folks to get going.
brainwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 07:58 PM   #70
jamester

Quote:

Maybe I should have written "and all that this implies" for clarity.
I gotcha now; I certainly agree that features for Reaper should be across the board as far as PC/Mac/64 etc...

I personally still feel though that:
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwreck View Post
a few features added to reasamplomatic like random samples, velocity mapping, choke, and tabs (like reaeq, readelay) would provide enough functionality for most folks to get going.
...this is the best solution, along with the "rack" idea of combining instruments and effects into singular items; this would allow users to design their own drum sampler (or whatever else).

I've been asking for tabbed ReaSamplomatics for forever now, though grouping would give the same effect. Along with ADSR and filters/pitch envelopes/multiple playback options/etc. one could create quite the powerful drum sampler natively. IMHO
Old 04-25-2009, 08:44 PM   #71
brainwreck

Quote:
I gotcha now; I certainly agree that features for Reaper should be across the board as far as PC/Mac/64 etc...

I personally still feel though that:

...this is the best solution, along with the "rack" idea of combining instruments and effects into singular items; this would allow users to design their own drum sampler (or whatever else).

I've been asking for tabbed ReaSamplomatics for forever now, though grouping would give the same effect. Along with ADSR and filters/pitch envelopes/multiple playback options/etc. one could create quite the powerful drum sampler natively. IMHO
reasamplomatic needs tabs for sure. adding in adsr along with the ability to patch in filters would be nice. maybe even a separate adsr would be fine if reasamplomatic had some internal patch points.

i know that all the modular stuff isn't exactly easy on the eyes for most folks, but the flexibility covers a lot of ground.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:05 PM   #72
jamester

A little would go a long way... Certainly a sampler like ShortCircuit is miles beyond the quaint li'l Sampl0matic; but if one looks at instruments such as Ableton's Simpler, apulSoft's apTrigga2, or the features Poise offers...along with tabs, Sampl0matic could go from a simple sample player to a featured instrument in Reaper.

I'd like that.

apTrigga2 is especially a thing of beautiful simplicity IMO, and not that far off from Sampl0matic...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aptrigga2plug.jpg (25.1 KB, 236 views)
Old 04-26-2009, 06:05 AM   #73
Lawrence

I agree with Jamester in general that the Reaper model doesn't seem to support this kind of VSTi development. I'd like to see these things in Reaper also but it doesn't really make sense at this point.

I'd setting for a very simple midi drum editor. A simple step sequencer with a grid.

But Jamester is right (farther back in the thread when he said), there's too much left to do to for the devs to be fiddling with drum samplers.
Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 08:51 PM   #74
moodswinger

OT....but not to this thread.

I got an Email notice that a post was submitted by "Buttercup Daffodil", quoted a post of mine and slammed me in it. Now not only is the post not here but in the member list there's no member with that name. And no following post made anyone in reference to anything he said, which I figure, since it was more of a general statement, others would've had something to say about it.

Now he did post a "coded" link to a not so legit site, so was he banned and his posts deleted?? If that's he case cool. so b it. Just making sure I ain't losing it.

Thanks.

Be Schitzophonic.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:52 AM   #75
brainwreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
I agree with Jamester in general that the Reaper model doesn't seem to support this kind of VSTi development. I'd like to see these things in Reaper also but it doesn't really make sense at this point.

I'd setting for a very simple midi drum editor. A simple step sequencer with a grid.

But Jamester is right (farther back in the thread when he said), there's too much left to do to for the devs to be fiddling with drum samplers.
adding some simple features to reasamplomatic makes a lot of sense at this point. i'd put my bet down on most reasamplomatic users doing mostly drum stuff with it any way.

there's a simple grid sequencer in the js fx alredy. what can a grid do better than midi items and the editor?

Last edited by brainwreck; 04-27-2009 at 04:56 AM.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:06 AM   #76
Limeflavour

Sorry for going OT...

Moodswinger> That post was the one before mine, so you ain't losing it
It wasn't a very nice post though, let's just say he made it clear why he doesn't think techno is music. Funny thing though I remeber he had something like 30 or 40 in his post count so it wasn't just a firsttime poster.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:53 PM   #77
Shan

Quote:

I am more concerned with the ability to:
*Velocity map multi-sampled sounds across one MIDI note
*Adjust the volume of each sample independently
*Preview each sample and each sample set without having to hit a pad to make them easy to velocity-map (a huge time saver)
* make it possible to view a sample set against each other a-la the view of this in Battery, or something similar.
*Make this available also in Reaper X64
* The ability to use multi mic'd kits and hits.

* The ability to assign the multi mic'd hits to individual outputs.

* Round robbin triggering for each velocity layer. The machine gun static sample triggering needs to die.

Shane

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Last edited by Shan; 04-27-2009 at 02:56 PM.
Shan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:03 PM   #78
moodswinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limeflavour View Post
Sorry for going OT...

Moodswinger> That post was the one before mine, so you ain't losing it
It wasn't a very nice post though, let's just say he made it clear why he doesn't think techno is music. Funny thing though I remeber he had something like 30 or 40 in his post count so it wasn't just a firsttime poster.
Hehe thanks, now I see you thought the same. (hallucinations can be a wonderful thing when your expecting them, it's when they just pop-up that scares me haha.

Yeah I'm kinda glad I got it sent to me directly. Truthfully...who cares. I mean really who could take someone who calls themselves "Buttercup Daffodil" voluntarily, seriously anyways. No biggie, thanks for the confirmation tho.

And yeah I thought I'd seen the name around a bit. Surprising yes indeed.

Cheers.

Be Schitzophonic.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:49 AM   #79
thormes

a good sampler/sequencer is a whole new story. I think they should focus on perfecting a HOST. Side-apps are for other people to think of
thormes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:40 AM   #80
brainwreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by thormes View Post
a good sampler/sequencer is a whole new story. I think they should focus on perfecting a HOST. Side-apps are for other people to think of
the 'side app' is already there. just needs a little lovin to be way more useful.