Old 01-06-2018, 05:39 PM   #4401
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur McArthur View Post
Great, thanks!

While playing around today I had a thought of how we can control and Stripperize the plugins that don't expose their parameters properly or at all. I was avoiding using quite a few plugins in my Stripper workflows because of the lack of snapshot recall. But I just realized we can save user presets and then switch between them using MIDI program changes in Stripper.

https://imgur.com/a/SAo5J

Great success!
Well - what I thought would be a 5 minute fix - has led me round the houses and turned into a multi-hour headscratch...

Anyway - think I fixed it (and hopefully not broken anything in doing so). Hopefully - midi/osc control will work ok with cycle controls now.

It's also reminded me that probably some of the other newer control types may not be currently compatible with the cycle controls... But I'll look into each one as and when it becomes a problem for someone (or me)... Not enough time right now to go testing and tracking them down.

It's become quite a mission to add new control types - as each one has to be made to work with Modulators/Cycle Controls/Snapshots/Morphing Snapshots/Metalite Control/Macros/Randomize/Advance Randomize as well as copying/duplicating and probably all sorts of other things that I've forgotten about. I need to make a check list so I can easily find out what I've missed with each new control... (I'm just not always that organized )

Nice idea re-Program Changes and snapshots - glad it works - another thing I've never thought of - but could be useful for many...
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 08:01 PM   #4402
Arthur McArthur
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Toronto
Posts: 314
Default

Cycle controls are cycling optimally! Thanks for tracking that down. There's so much functionality for each control I can see how each new control type is a big task. Funny you mention checklists because just working with Stripper I've needed to make and iterate on a checklist for strip creation best practices. I'd imagine yours would be a little more complex

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Nice idea re-Program Changes and snapshots - glad it works - another thing I've never thought of - but could be useful for many...
Cheers, but please be careful with compliments because with complements come control type requests! I can't help myself, I've had some more shower thoughts and fallen down another rabbit hole...

The limitations of the current idea: there are only 127 program changes available and for the idea to be scaleable we'd need one preset per plugin per snapshot. Enter a handy control type based on RS5K manager: "Preset Manager" that can link to last focused fx, and can scroll/randomize/recall presets for that fx. It could work with the snapshot system so that every time a snapshot is captured it saves a unique user preset along with it. Switching between snapshots then would recall the preset that was saved at the time the snapshot was saved. This all is assuming of course that there's no limit on the amount of user presets that REAPER can handle as we'd start hitting preset numbers in the thousands over the years.

This could be an easier way to select/randomize between Nebula libraries as well.

I know you're fresh off implementing a huge feature and perhaps I need to cool my jets with these intensive control requests but I had to share the idea
Arthur McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 09:49 AM   #4403
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur McArthur View Post
Cycle controls are cycling optimally! Thanks for tracking that down. There's so much functionality for each control I can see how each new control type is a big task. Funny you mention checklists because just working with Stripper I've needed to make and iterate on a checklist for strip creation best practices. I'd imagine yours would be a little more complex



Cheers, but please be careful with compliments because with complements come control type requests! I can't help myself, I've had some more shower thoughts and fallen down another rabbit hole...

The limitations of the current idea: there are only 127 program changes available and for the idea to be scaleable we'd need one preset per plugin per snapshot. Enter a handy control type based on RS5K manager: "Preset Manager" that can link to last focused fx, and can scroll/randomize/recall presets for that fx. It could work with the snapshot system so that every time a snapshot is captured it saves a unique user preset along with it. Switching between snapshots then would recall the preset that was saved at the time the snapshot was saved. This all is assuming of course that there's no limit on the amount of user presets that REAPER can handle as we'd start hitting preset numbers in the thousands over the years.

This could be an easier way to select/randomize between Nebula libraries as well.

I know you're fresh off implementing a huge feature and perhaps I need to cool my jets with these intensive control requests but I had to share the idea
haha - well I'll finish the rs5k control first - then consider this .

I'm not sure - but the program change midi might be able to go over 127 anyway - so a change to the midictl itself might be able to allow for applying a user preset > 127...

I don't know if it's possible to query a plugin to find out what preset is currently selected... Although I'm no expert in such things. May be possible through the track chunk - but I wouldn't want to go that way for snapshots as it has the potential to really slow things down.

Actually - Reaper's API does provide a function to GetPreset/SetPreset.

You've made me think a little about other preset oriented stuff - but it seems the API does not stretch as far as being able to get the full list of presets for a plugin (without first activating each one)... - unless I've missed it. That would be super useful...

Of course - I assume these only work on the DAW's preset system - and if (like many) a plugin uses a bespoke preset system - these would not be accessible through the API calls.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 11:42 AM   #4404
Arthur McArthur
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Toronto
Posts: 314
Default

Right, we would have to convert plugins' presets to user presets for it to work. Last night I tested an AutoHotkey script to quickly convert a plugin's default preset to REAPER user presets- it was a breeze (despite my lack of programming skill.)

I've also found a couple of FX preset scripts that may be of interest from eugen and me2beats and attached them.

From what I understand, REAPER stores user presets in .ini files in the "presets" folder. I wonder if you could query the .ini file to get the list of presets?

Last edited by Arthur McArthur; 01-07-2018 at 12:21 PM.
Arthur McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 11:58 AM   #4405
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur McArthur View Post
Right, we would have to convert plugins' presets to user presets for it to work. Last night I tested an AutoHotkey script to quickly convert a plugin's default preset to REAPER user presets- it was a breeze (despite my lack of programming skill.)

I've also found a couple of FX preset scripts that may be of interest from eugen and me2beats and attached them.

From what I understand, REAPER stores user presets in .ini files in the "presets" folder. I wonder if you could query the .ini file to get the list of presets?
Taken a look at the ini files - they'd be easy enough to parse - so long as they can also be easily mapped to a plugin (ie. you can work out what plugin they are associated with). I know the name of the ini file gives a big hint - but this would need to map exactly with the correct plugin.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 12:25 PM   #4406
Arthur McArthur
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Toronto
Posts: 314
Default

Oops forgot to attach the scripts here they are:

On my end, all the .ini files seem like the match up exactly with the plugin name
Attached Files
File Type: lua me2beats_Set preset.lua (566 Bytes, 8 views)
File Type: lua me2beats_Set random preset.lua (413 Bytes, 5 views)
File Type: lua gen_Save Preset for last touched FX.lua (11.4 KB, 5 views)
Arthur McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 03:54 PM   #4407
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,123
Default

Update - added favourites and sorting by favourites to RS5K control. Also added modulator control for RS5K control (for completeness really - not sure how useful it will be in reality).

Still thinking on the plugin presets - and coming up with ideas. Still need to decide on the best way to implement this.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 05:21 PM   #4408
Arthur McArthur
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Toronto
Posts: 314
Default

Favorites and manager are working like a dream over here, great work!! Thanks again for this. Excited to see what you come up with re: presets. I've been pushing the program change method to it's limits (128 presets and record arm must be enabled... whoops there goes my CPU) but it's already welcomed many fun new plugins into the Stripper fold
Arthur McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 07:27 PM   #4409
RJHollins
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,144
Default

Although these new added features are outside of my needs/use [as best I understand] ... just wanted to confirm that previous STRIPS are loading and working correctly.

Thank-you
RJHollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:36 AM   #4410
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur McArthur View Post
Favorites and manager are working like a dream over here, great work!! Thanks again for this. Excited to see what you come up with re: presets. I've been pushing the program change method to it's limits (128 presets and record arm must be enabled... whoops there goes my CPU) but it's already welcomed many fun new plugins into the Stripper fold
Glad it's working well
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:36 AM   #4411
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
Although these new added features are outside of my needs/use [as best I understand] ... just wanted to confirm that previous STRIPS are loading and working correctly.

Thank-you
Thanks RJ for checking and confirming.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 05:17 PM   #4412
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,242
Default

hmmm..
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 12:54 AM   #4413
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
hmmm..
Well - the first is to launch a file lbxstart.bat (optional for security). I like to use AutoHotKey to set up reaper and some other windows how I want (remove window borders etc). I can use Stripper to launch the AHK script via a batch file.

The second - for freezes when opening a strip - shows me how far the script has got. Might pinpoint problem plugins or chunk data.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 01:19 PM   #4414
hazysonic
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 13
Default error "please ensure you have the..."

Quote:
Please ensure you have the:

__default
SimpleFlat_48
SimpleFlat_96
SimpleFlat2_96
__Snapshot
__XY
__XYTarget
SimpleBox_9632
Switcher

files in your LBXCS_resources/controls/ folder.
You can get these files from the LBX Stripper project on github - in the LBXCS_resources zip file

Expected location of LBXCS_resources folder is: C:/Users/hazys/AppData/Roaming/REAPER/Scripts/LBX/LBXCS_resources/
I carefully double-checked my install, and the resource folder structure. The files that it claims are missing are in the exact path it says they should be in. I did a search of this thread and didn't see a solution. I am on Windows 10.

Any ideas why I'm getting this message? I'm anxious to try this out!
hazysonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 01:24 PM   #4415
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazysonic View Post
I carefully double-checked my install, and the resource folder structure. The files that it claims are missing are in the exact path it says they should be in. I did a search of this thread and didn't see a solution. I am on Windows 10.

Any ideas why I'm getting this message? I'm anxious to try this out!
Can you please give me a screenshot of explorer showing the folder location. In 100% of cases so far it has been due to an error in the location of the folder.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 03:02 PM   #4416
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,242
Default

ah ok! Thanks for explanation..
i will activate the second one if i get any problem with scripts..
i guess

EDIT:
i was messing with RS5K control, found 3 mini bugs (i believe all related to graphic stuff)
simple video:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ls...-TDPboMiV4j_85

Last edited by timbralzoom; 01-13-2018 at 06:04 AM.
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 09:07 AM   #4417
hazysonic
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Can you please give me a screenshot of explorer showing the folder location. In 100% of cases so far it has been due to an error in the location of the folder.
nm, It worked fine as soon as I moved everything from the LBX folder to the resources subfolder. I probably just mis-read the install process, but it's working now, thanks to you.
hazysonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 09:27 AM   #4418
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
ah ok! Thanks for explanation..
i will activate the second one if i get any problem with scripts..
i guess

EDIT:
i was messing with RS5K control, found 3 mini bugs (i believe all related to graphic stuff)
simple video:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ls...-TDPboMiV4j_85
ah - ok will look into. I don't currently monitor the pitch range in the *manager* - it will update - but only if you close and reopen the manager. Prob. easy enough to add code to monitor it though...

Thanks as always

EDIT: Oooh - I like the keyboard messed up thing - haha - probably overwritten the keyboard image slot when using the control browser... oops. will fix when I have time....
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 09:29 AM   #4419
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazysonic View Post
nm, It worked fine as soon as I moved everything from the LBX folder to the resources subfolder. I probably just mis-read the install process, but it's working now, thanks to you.
Glad it's all working ok now Thanks for letting me know.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 01:25 PM   #4420
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
ah ok! Thanks for explanation..
i will activate the second one if i get any problem with scripts..
i guess

EDIT:
i was messing with RS5K control, found 3 mini bugs (i believe all related to graphic stuff)
simple video:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ls...-TDPboMiV4j_85
RS5K keyboard graphics glitch should be gone in latest version. Not had time to look into the other issues yet.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 01:54 PM   #4421
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
RS5K keyboard graphics glitch should be gone in latest version. Not had time to look into the other issues yet.
yes i can confirm no graphic glitch anymore..
Thank you!
&
-motto-
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 06:17 AM   #4422
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
yes i can confirm no graphic glitch anymore..
Thank you!
&
-motto-
Other glitches should be fixed now.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 11:44 AM   #4423
Arthur McArthur
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Toronto
Posts: 314
Default

Is there currently a way we can copy snapshots and strip switchers between tracks/strips? My dilemma is this: I have a "template" strip set up with about 50 plugins (mostly offline), 800ish controls spread between 10 strip switchers and 100ish Snapshot Sets. I want to insert the template strip on 20 tracks but have them all controlled from one "master" track . Copying them from the individual tracks to the master track works for the visible controls, but I don't have access to all of the complex snapshot setups and strip switches that I've set up in the template. Doing them all manually x20 would be prohibitively Sisyphean. Is there a way to copy/merge them?

Edit: also I'm getting a

...wner\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\Scripts\LBX\LBX Stripper.lua:50076: attempt to index a nil value (field '?')

When trying to save the strip that has the copied controls on it: https://imgur.com/a/vQHUd

I'll shoot over the sharestrip

Last edited by Arthur McArthur; 01-16-2018 at 01:04 PM.
Arthur McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 02:41 PM   #4424
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur McArthur View Post
Is there currently a way we can copy snapshots and strip switchers between tracks/strips? My dilemma is this: I have a "template" strip set up with about 50 plugins (mostly offline), 800ish controls spread between 10 strip switchers and 100ish Snapshot Sets. I want to insert the template strip on 20 tracks but have them all controlled from one "master" track . Copying them from the individual tracks to the master track works for the visible controls, but I don't have access to all of the complex snapshot setups and strip switches that I've set up in the template. Doing them all manually x20 would be prohibitively Sisyphean. Is there a way to copy/merge them?

Edit: also I'm getting a

...wner\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\Scripts\LBX\LBX Stripper.lua:50076: attempt to index a nil value (field '?')

When trying to save the strip that has the copied controls on it: https://imgur.com/a/vQHUd

I'll shoot over the sharestrip
Currently - the snapshots cannot be transferred between strips. I'll look into making it possible - but it will involve a lot of translations as control targets will have changed.

The reason why I've not tackled this yet is because there's nothing in place to ensure you have copied all the controls across - therefore - if controls are missing from the target page - all sorts of things could get messed up - causing potential crashes and certainly incorrect snapshot recall. It's a world of pain from a data coherence point of view.

Another way to do it would be to provide links to the original snapshot data (ie. one strip having access to and processing another strips snapshots and controls). This would involve rewriting all the snapshot routines to allow for this. This would have the benefit of avoiding lots of duplicate data. EDIT: Actually - no - I've decided this solution is a no go as it's simply too much to rework everything (Snapshots/XY/Morphing/Randomize/Advance Randomize/Snapshot window - simply everything would need reworking).

I'll have to sit and think about this somewhat and the best way to try and solve this. I'm thinking simply duplicating and converting the data is probably the easiest solution of the two (EDIT - definitely) - but either way I will need to write quite a bit of code to ensure everything maps correctly to everything else, so it may take some time to get it right.

The error you are getting is precisely because of this issue. The randomize controls that you are duplicating across strips are tied to the snapshots (which aren't being duplicated). The error is being caused by the snapshot data not being available in that strip and the script not checking properly (trying to index snapshot data which doesn't exist).

The quick fix would be not to allow the randomize buttons to be copied (like snapshot controls and snapshot data aren't) - but this won't solve your problem. :|

I've got a couple of really long days at work tomorrow and thursday - and then it's my Dad's and eldest son's birthdays this weekend - so I'm not going to be able to look into it until next week at the earliest. Hope this doesn't cause you too much inconvenience.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner
Donate via Paypal

Last edited by lb0; 01-16-2018 at 02:55 PM.
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 03:07 PM   #4425
Arthur McArthur
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Toronto
Posts: 314
Default

That makes perfect sense now. Since this seems like a big rewrite for a specific case, perhaps an easier workaround would be to offer a "Reassign selected strip's controls to strip on selected track" function: similar to reassign plugins, but it reassigns an entire strip's controls (including if possible macros, switchers, etc.) to an exact duplicate strip on the selected track. So I could load 20 instances of the strip on the master track, then load 1 instance on each of the 20 individual tracks, then reassign the strips x20 and delete the plugin FX from the master track. Would that be easier than rewriting the whole snapshot code?

The great thing about Stripper is that whenever I hit a wall, another interesting door opens and I'm heading down another rabbit hole for days on end. So no inconvenience at all about the timing, sounds like you've got a lot going on! Allow me to invoke timbral's motto here: "nothing urgent!"
Arthur McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 03:17 PM   #4426
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur McArthur View Post
That makes perfect sense now. Since this seems like a big rewrite for a specific case, perhaps an easier workaround would be to offer a "Reassign selected strip's controls to strip on selected track" function: similar to reassign plugins, but it reassigns an entire strip's controls (including if possible macros, switchers, etc.) to an exact duplicate strip on the selected track. So I could load 20 instances of the strip on the master track, then load 1 instance on each of the 20 individual tracks, then reassign the strips x20 and delete the plugin FX from the master track. Would that be easier than rewriting the whole snapshot code?

The great thing about Stripper is that whenever I hit a wall, another interesting door opens and I'm heading down another rabbit hole for days on end. So no inconvenience at all about the timing, sounds like you've got a lot going on! Allow me to invoke timbral's motto here: "nothing urgent!"
That's an interesting take on things - I'll think some more on it - but that might be an easier solution. Will look into more deeply next week, and thanks for understanding

This is the problem with keeping the system as open-ended as possible - there's always something I've not covered - would be very useful - but no straight-forward solution as it is...

It would probably be much easier to allow a strip to be inserted and just to skip adding the fx (obviously as an option!) - then add some sort of semi-automatic parameter linking between strip controls and the target fx plugins. Or even to somehow specify a different track on which to place the fx plugins when the strip is inserted.

Needs more thought but sounds easier to do in the short-term.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 03:26 PM   #4427
Arthur McArthur
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Toronto
Posts: 314
Default

Well, laziness is my forte so I'm glad that it might be leveraged to make an easier approach to the problem! Good luck with all of the real-life stuff this week and as always, thanks for looking into this!
Arthur McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 03:30 PM   #4428
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur McArthur View Post
Well, laziness is my forte so I'm glad that it might be leveraged to make an easier approach to the problem! Good luck with all of the real-life stuff this week and as always, thanks for looking into this!


Well - it's all real life - just some things sometimes take a higher priority or I suffer as a result!!
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 03:41 PM   #4429
Arthur McArthur
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Toronto
Posts: 314
Default

Haha- I hear that! I'm just glad my wife hasn't left me after I spend all day with Strippers!
Arthur McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:35 AM   #4430
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur McArthur View Post
Haha- I hear that! I'm just glad my wife hasn't left me after I spend all day with Strippers!
haha!!

Dunno if this completely solves your problem but have done a quick update.

When adding a strip - if you hold down Alt key (only tested in Strip edit mode - dragging in - but should work through favs menu etc) - it will ask you what track number you wish to place the plugins on...

So this will work for you if you do not require the controls on each separate track as well as the main control track. If you require two sets of identical controls (one on the main control track and one on each separate track itself) - then this won't do it.

Only had time to do very quick tests - so please forgive me if you find it doesn't work in certain cases or crashes. I won't have any more time to fix it today - nor likely tomorrow.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:54 AM   #4431
Arthur McArthur
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Toronto
Posts: 314
Default

Wow! I can't believe you turned this around so quickly. That was the shortest week ever!! Eventually in an ideal solution, yes, I'd like to have strips on both tracks, but this is perfect to get me up and running and testing the strips together. Btw, my alt key closes the right-click menu (for whatever reason) so not working with favorites currently- but no big deal- it's working great when loading from "strip mode" and I am a happy man!
Arthur McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:14 PM   #4432
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur McArthur View Post
Wow! I can't believe you turned this around so quickly. That was the shortest week ever!! Eventually in an ideal solution, yes, I'd like to have strips on both tracks, but this is perfect to get me up and running and testing the strips together. Btw, my alt key closes the right-click menu (for whatever reason) so not working with favorites currently- but no big deal- it's working great when loading from "strip mode" and I am a happy man!
Choose the strip in favs - then hold Alt when clicking to position it. Works for me
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:22 PM   #4433
Arthur McArthur
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Toronto
Posts: 314
Default

Ahh- works for me too! Thanks!
Arthur McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:59 PM   #4434
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur McArthur View Post
Ahh- works for me too! Thanks!
No worries - the reason I found time to do it this morning was that it was probably less than 20 lines of code to get it working like this (thanks for the idea!!). My suggested solutions last night would take much more coding.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:32 PM   #4435
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,242
Default

WOW! that's magical! .. me love
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:45 PM   #4436
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
WOW! that's magical! .. me love
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.