InfiniteDimensionality
Human being with feelings

Default Add other divisions for metronome

maybe use numbers for beat divisions

abcedefg

where a,b,c,... represent beat positions

One can set the beat divisions like

which would be 4 beats of 16th notes

use a ' for accent, '' for secondary accent, and standard unaccented(probably add another wav file entry

e.g.,

'4444

means the first beat of the first 4 16ths is accented.

'3'421

means a triplet is used for the first beat with the first division accented then a quadruple is used with the beat accented then twoplet is used for the 3rd without accent and a single beat is used for the last beat.

This type of notation is much more convenient that what currently is allowed and is far more expressible. Since only A,b,T, and . are used currently this does not conflict.

3''611

uses a secondary accent on the sextuplet and no primary accents.
InfiniteDimensionality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 11:07 AM   #2
The-Zeronaut

+1
This has been asked by myself and many others for the last 10 years multiple times and STILL we are very near Reaper v6 and we don't have something as simple and necessary as metronome subdivisions for recording.
The-Zeronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 12:56 PM   #3
InfiniteDimensionality

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Zeronaut View Post
+1
This has been asked by myself and many others for the last 10 years multiple times and STILL we are very near Reaper v6 and we don't have something as simple and necessary as metronome subdivisions for recording.
Yeah and just a few minutes to implement ;/ I guess some shiny new "feature" that creates 10 new bugs must be implemented first.

I think the metronome code needs to be abstracted and put in a script or separate module so those that actually want a better metronome can work on it rather than hoping for the developers to do it. Either way requires someone doing some work on it which doesn't seem to be a priority.
Old 05-09-2018, 01:14 PM   #4
EvilDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteDimensionality View Post
Yeah and just a few minutes to implement ;/
Armchair programmers are the best.
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 01:23 PM   #5
InfiniteDimensionality

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
Armchair programmers are the best.

Why do you need to insult me? Do you think just because you make an ignorant statement it must be true? I have written over 1M lines of code in my life and that makes me an armchair programmer? I'm sorry you have to resort to ad hominems out of the blue simply to make yourself feel better. I'm sorry your life existence is so banal that meaningless ad hominems make you feel better. I'd resort to your pathetic attacks but it is beneath me, It would be nice if it were beneath you too but it obviously isn't.

If you really believe that I am an "armchair programmer" for stating that it would take few minutes to write such code, in reaper, I have already written a polymetric metronome in reaper that took just a few hours in lua. Should I post the code? If so, what do I get in return? Will you grow up and learn to be a better human or continue behaving the same asinine way?

I can only conclude that people like you who have little skill in real programming must put down others to boost yourself up. How many languages do you know? How many lines of code? What serious projects have you done? Have you written anything of consequence or just flaky apps? A great java programmer? You love JS and php? Or maybe you are a ruby expert? Ever done any assembly programming? Real assembly like written a kernel mode device driver for hardware? Ever write a functional OS? Know any Haskell and category theory?

If anyone is the "armchair programmer"...

I suggest you check your ego at the door, it won't win you any battles here nor the war.

You might be suffering from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunnin...3Kruger_effect

Last edited by InfiniteDimensionality; 05-09-2018 at 01:30 PM.
Old 05-09-2018, 02:09 PM   #6
EvilDragon

Wow, it was just a joke, hence the smiley at the end.

(I do programming for living, scripting Kontakt libraries, BTW. Did lots of them in the past 8 years, maybe you even used some of them.)
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 01:36 PM   #7
Bri1
Banned

Quote:
Why do you need to insult me?

I suggest you check your ego at the door, it won't win you any battles here nor the war.

Lolz- now that's what i call "tko."

+ don't think it's asking for too much for a modern 'daw' - who needs bells n whistles if the basics ain't covered 1st...?
go InfiniteDimensionality. get yr monies worth...lol. =)
people should not fear to post out of ridicules or trollings from others-- speak with your hands! voice your thoughts! fear not!
Bri1 is offline   Reply With Quote