Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 12-08-2022, 11:50 AM   #1
chmaha
Human being with feelings

Default REAPER Linux redraw issue after monitor sleep

I can reliably cause re-draw issues / window corruption by issuing
Code:
xset dpms force off
or allowing my screen to go to sleep. On waking up the screen I get something like this where the window picks up the wallpaper or whatever else is behind:

Essentially leaves everything unusable even though if you guess where to click, menus open etc. No other open applications seem to be affected.

I'm on Arch KDE Plasma FWIW.

Last edited by chmaha; 01-18-2023 at 01:27 AM.
chmaha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 04:57 PM   #2
Justin
Administrator

Weird, what graphics card? Works fine here on Ubuntu+Xorg/Plasma+Intel gfx. I assume it's not Wayland on yours because xset dpms doesn't seem to do anything on Wayland for me...

Last edited by Justin; 12-12-2022 at 05:34 PM.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 05:27 AM   #3
chmaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Weird, what graphics card? Works fine here on Ubuntu+Xorg/Plasma+Intel gfx. I assume it's not Wayland on yours because xset dpms doesn't seem to do anything on Wayland for me...
ATI Radeon RX 6600. Apparently I'm on X11 which seems to be the default when installing Arch/Plasma with my hardware at least.

Apologies for not responding sooner, for some reason I wasn't subscribed to the thread...

EDIT: I've now installed plasma-wayland-session, logged out and signed in with a wayland session but still having the same issue.
EDIT 2: Installed xfce instead of KDE/Plasma and issues have disappeared. No idea why but yay.

Last edited by chmaha; 01-16-2023 at 08:11 AM.
chmaha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 01:26 AM   #4
chmaha

So I couldn't do things as efficiently without KDE/Plasma so I'm back on it. I think I narrowed this down to the compositor and I assume the way it interacts with my graphics card when the monitor turns off as part of the power management. What is still baffling is why REAPER is the only application affected. I can disable the compositor and the problem goes away but with it comes screen tearing etc.