CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :
Old 09-20-2017, 01:45 PM   #1
stw
Human being with feelings

Default AAX VS2017 build failiure

Hi,
i ran into problems with aax builds on VS2017. Though i could solve most of the issues i'm stuck with a linker error:
IPlugAAX.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class IPlugAAX * __cdecl MakePlug(void)"

I hope it's just a wrong setting in the properties which i can't detect
I'm using an altered next branch of wdl-ol but tried several other branches (e.g. VS2017, AAXParams) without success.
Maybe someone has a guess?
stw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 03:37 PM   #2
stw

I investigated that issue a bit further...
MakePlug() is defined in IPlug_include_in_plug_src.h inside some Preprocessor #ifdefs.
I recognized that although IPlug_include_in_plug_src.h is part of the ...-aax project the code inside #elif defined AAX_API directive is greyed out while the code inside #if defined VST_API is not. It seems as if the wrong API is recognized here which would IMHO explain the unresolved symbol.
I verified the project properties and the C++ Preprocessor definitions evaluate correctly to AAX_API.
I don't know when and how the false API recognition occured
Maybe anyone has an idea why this could happen or how to solve this?
Old 10-03-2017, 05:20 AM   #3
Andi!

I don't have an idea but it's not VS2017 related, I'm compiling AAX without problems after migrating from VS2015 to VS2017. In my case the AAX_API in IPlug_include_in_plug_src is active atm, but I think that has something to do with the last compiled version of the plug-in. The API itself is defined in the project settings, for AAX have a look at the (german, sorry) screenshot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aax_api_settings.jpg (45.0 KB, 257 views)
Andi! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 06:41 AM   #4
stw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi! View Post
I don't have an idea but it's not VS2017 related, I'm compiling AAX without problems after migrating from VS2015 to VS2017. In my case the AAX_API in IPlug_include_in_plug_src is active atm, but I think that has something to do with the last compiled version of the plug-in. The API itself is defined in the project settings, for AAX have a look at the (german, sorry) screenshot.
Hi Andi,
thanks for answering! I could solve that issue meanwhile and aax builds fine with VS2017. It was a mixture of different fails. First i got some scrambled path settings due to shared VM folders. After resolving this i discovered that the error was caused simply by missing header files in the aax project...duh.
Unfortunately now i'm stuck in another problem