Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 09-03-2014, 09:05 PM   #1
babag
Human being with feelings

Default ReaSurround automation points issue (FIXED)

has this been reported or can it be confirmed?

i've made some scripts that work similarly to the action:

envelope: insert 4 points at time selection.

i use them to set generic positions for reasurround such as placing a stereo file's position to LR, or both channels to C, or LsRs. points are placed for 1xy, 2xy, l gain, r gain, c gain, lfe gain, ls gain, and rs gain. points are placed at the beginning and end of a time selection to anchor the existing position envelopes. then points are placed 15ms inside of these time selection points at either end to assign the new position setting. i did some testing a while back and found that 15ms was as close as reaper would allow me to place the points to existing ones.

problem is that reaper does not use the new settings unless i start playback from between the new points. if i start playback from the beginning of the track or anywhere before the first of the inserted points, reaper plays the clip at the setting that precedes the new points.

one other niggle about reasurround. i made these scripts partially so that i could easily grab envelopes to raise or lower them, thus altering position info. in the case of dB info, though, reaper displays the envelope info as a tooltip type display while the envelope is being moved. however, it sometimes displays generic decimal values and other times it displays as dB values. confusing and frustrating but not the showstopper the above unrecognized spacial positioning point values represent. using the new sws BR_EnvSetPoint commands in the scripts on w7/64pro with reaper v4.721/64.

anyone can confirm any of this? it kind of makes my current surround mix impossible.

thanks,
BabaG

Last edited by babag; 09-03-2014 at 09:12 PM.
babag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 10:40 PM   #2
babag

this has become completely unusable. it never plays back the same way twice. i'll knock off for tonight and see if restarting tomorrow changes anything but this is becoming a nightmare.
Old 10-03-2014, 05:04 PM   #3
babag

can anyone confirm this behavior? it's still happening here and driving me crazy. the unrecognized automation points mostly.

thanks,
BabaG
Old 10-03-2014, 06:11 PM   #4
schwa
Administrator

I don't think I quite follow the bug report. Could you possibly post a sample project or screen capture?
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 06:30 PM   #5
schwa
Administrator

The envelope tooltip display will be fixed for the next prerelease, though.
Old 10-03-2014, 07:25 PM   #6
babag

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
The envelope tooltip display will be fixed for the next prerelease, though.
yay for that. thanks!
Old 10-03-2014, 07:22 PM   #7
babag

first licecap so bear with me, please.

notice that, when the play cursor is placed and played from BEFORE the automation points, the levels appear fairly even. when the play cursor is placed BETWEEN the automation points, the left is heavily favored. i think that, for whatever reason, playback is not picking up the first automation points, which makes things, pretty much, unusable. it doesn't seem to matter if i give it more preroll before the first points.

i hope this is now understandable and i didn't do anything too goofy with the licecap.

thanks, schwa, for the interest and response,
BabaG
Old 10-04-2014, 07:21 AM   #8
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by babag View Post
notice that, when the play cursor is placed and played from BEFORE the automation points, the levels appear fairly even. when the play cursor is placed BETWEEN the automation points, the left is heavily favored. i think that, for whatever reason, playback is not picking up the first automation points, which makes things, pretty much, unusable. it doesn't seem to matter if i give it more preroll before the first points.
I have an idea what might be causing this. Would it be possible for you to post or email to support at cockos, a minimal project that displays this behavior? You don't need to include any media.