Old 07-17-2018, 10:11 PM   #1
InfiniteDimensionality
Human being with feelings

Default Multiple graphics windows?

I'm creating a dialog ui interface for reaper extending my current gui. I'm trying to create modal dialogs and everything seems to work except now I need to close the window created with gfx.init.

There is a gfx.quit which does this BUT I want to be able to close the dialog without any other windows.

1. Does reaper actually support multiple windows? (using gfx.init of course)
2. Can we close specific windows and not all the windows? gfx.quit(title) would be ideal.
InfiniteDimensionality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 12:01 AM   #2
cfillion

One window per script only.
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 06:13 AM   #3
Lokasenna

I found it surprisingly easy to just add a "window" element within my GUI to simulate modal dialogs - designate a few textboxes and buttons that are only shown with the window, and when the window opens all other GUI input/updating is paused.

Even if you aren't interested in using my GUI library, feel free to borrow from Class - Window.lua if it offers any inspiration.
Old 07-18-2018, 07:40 AM   #4
Meo-Ada Mespotine

I'm working on something in that matter, where you can open multiple windows per script. But it will take some more months to make that properly useable.

Until then, only one window per script.
Meo-Ada Mespotine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 11:20 AM   #5
InfiniteDimensionality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokasenna View Post
I found it surprisingly easy to just add a "window" element within my GUI to simulate modal dialogs - designate a few textboxes and buttons that are only shown with the window, and when the window opens all other GUI input/updating is paused.

Even if you aren't interested in using my GUI library, feel free to borrow from Class - Window.lua if it offers any inspiration.
Well, I don't really won't to learn a new structure. I've created my own gui and finished the dialog last night that simulates GetUserInputs. Basically works for my purpose. I had the gui code already but just had to get the dialog to work modally, which I was able to do after figuring out the problem with defer(which wasted a few hours).

I guess if one really needs control then using external apps with more capabilities would be best. Not sure the binding situation with reaper though, not really important though as I don't want to go there. I just really needed to be able to supply feedback for the user inputs.
InfiniteDimensionality is offline   Reply With Quote