Old 02-06-2024, 12:10 PM   #201
ejanejarr
Human being with feelings

It's not working for me. I'm on (all installed from ReaPack):

McSequencer v1.1.16
ReaImGui v0.8.7.6
ReascriptAPI v1.310

The script runs but it doesn't load a RS5K instance on the child track. I can drag a sample over the track lane and it changes it's name but still no sound because no RS5K.

If I manually load a RS5K instance, it receives the note triggers but I still have to load the sample on it.

And there's no controls on the right side of the script, neither the 'offset/swing' controls nor the ones for RS5K.

Am I doing something wrong?
Attached Images
File Type: png Captura de pantalla 2024-02-06 a las 20.08.09.png (69.3 KB, 27 views)
ejanejarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 12:25 PM   #202
Spookye

I follow. Same thing for me too...mirror of the things mentioned by @Ejanejarr.
I expected that it would be enough to drag a "wav one shot" to start playing but... nothing.
Old 02-06-2024, 01:23 PM   #203
Arthur McArthur

What OS are you guys on?

A video showing everything would be helpful.
Arthur McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 01:44 PM   #204
Arthur McArthur

Hey Dax! Thanks for the feedback and help testing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxliniere View Post
I'd also love to see an 'XO mode', which sends MIDI for 8 notes at once. (C2 to G2 = notes 36-43).
I think this and other custom MIDI note use cases are best solved with plugins. For example, you could add several MIDI transpose FX with MIDI merge on and save it as a track template.

Quote:
Double-clicking in McSeq's "TCP area" should create a new blank track.
This is a good idea and was requested by somebody else as well, will add for the next release.

Quote:
I tried on a couple different monitors and the black background of the sliders is very close to the whole GUI's background, so it makes it very hard to distinguish them.

There is no theming option for the slider knobs and backgrounds, nor Scrollbar 4's scroll handle.
Which sliders do you mean, the velocity sliders? In the latest version, most of the themeing functionality has been removed as I am using images now instead of ImGui widgets.

Quote:
In the Options menu, "Show Theme Editor" needs a tick mark when the Theme Editor is open to indicate that clicking it again is how you close it.
(Also, a separate close button [X] for the theme editor would be a good idea.)
Great idea, will add.

Quote:
The Save Colours file dialogbox doesn't allow you to save a new file, only to overwrite one of the existing theme files.
This is a limit of the API unfortunately, nothing I can do on my end without writing a whole new file browser.

Quote:
I deleted Patterns Seq' created by McSeq and could no longer create a new pattern.
When Patterns Seq is not found, McSeq should warn the user, then recreate it.
Yes that's a good idea to enforce the track to be present since it won't function without it.

I'm still in the middle of a house move so it will likely be a few weeks before another update.
Arthur McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 01:49 PM   #205
Sexan

I have general purpose file manager on my git if you need/want (under Imgui Tools).
And its also on reapack

Last edited by Sexan; 02-07-2024 at 01:43 AM.
Sexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 03:08 AM   #206
ejanejarr

Mac OSX 10.14.6 (Mojave) here

Will try to make a video ASAP
Old 02-07-2024, 08:15 AM   #207
vandur_pascal

I love this thing, I overcame myself and changed the design a little, now the velocity changes right in the banks
Attached Images
File Type: png 123123.png (140.6 KB, 51 views)
vandur_pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 08:28 AM   #208
daxliniere

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandur_pascal View Post
I love this thing, I overcame myself and changed the design a little, now the velocity changes right in the banks
Very cool, Vandur! Nice job.
It would be cool if this was still editable the current way (for more precision), but displayed in a way similar to yours.
daxliniere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 08:41 AM   #209
vandur_pascal

Quote:
Very cool, Vandur! Nice job.
It would be cool if this was still editable the current way (for more precision), but displayed in a way similar to yours.

It would be useful, let’s say that when you press the ctrl button, ghost stripes appear, for quick editing, or when you point at a single bank, you can simply roll the mouse wheel to change the veloctiy, something like this, for greater accuracy
Attached Images
File Type: png 124.png (8.0 KB, 36 views)
Old 02-07-2024, 08:46 AM   #210
vandur_pascal

IF I IN GENERAL understood coding, in my fantasies, I would make an indication on each bank, during its playback, something like a flash, based on the same algorithm for determining the sound on the channel, with a certain delay and attenuation, it would be very beautiful (probably not very practical, although everything can always be turned on and off), but unfortunately I don’t know how to code

Old 02-08-2024, 05:11 AM   #211
ejanejarr

I've made it a (very low quality) GIF of the odd behaviour the script is having on my MacOSX 10.14.6 (Mojave) with Reaper 6.83, but I'm having problems attaching it to this thread. Anyway:

- The script opens but there's no Offset/Swing controls, nor controls for RS5K because it doesn't automatically load a RS5K instance

- I must add a RS5K per track and then load the sample both into the McSeq track and the RS5K

It works that way, but the workflow it's not so smooth as it's intended to be. Am I doing something wrong? Got the script from ReaPack (last updated version), together with ReaImGui and JS Reascript.
Old 02-10-2024, 10:22 AM   #212
EduSerra

Default Error when theming

Hello I have McSequencer working as expected except for the theming feature that gives me this error.
I´m on Win11, I have ReApack up to date and ReaImgui to the latest version.

EduSerra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 07:29 AM   #213
daxliniere

Hey everyone, I've made a JS plugin which will make using McSeq with XLN Audio's XO sampler a piece of cake.

It's simple enough. You just insert it before XO and when it receives any MIDI note, it will generate duplicate notes mapped to each of XO's 8 sample trigger pads.

If it's useful to anyone, you can find it attached. NOTE: You need to rename it to remove the ".TXT" filename extension. I couldn't upload to this forum without that.
Attached Files
File Type: txt XO sampler multimap MIDI.txt (2.1 KB, 13 views)
Old 02-12-2024, 07:30 AM   #214
daxliniere

Hey Arthur,
Another feature request: it would be great if you would allow creation of notes using the note velocity view.
For UI reasons, disablng a note might have to still be done by clicking the sequencer row button.
Old 02-12-2024, 08:58 AM   #215
EpicSounds

Quote:
Hey everyone, I've made a JS plugin which will make using McSeq with XLN Audio's XO sampler a piece of cake.

It's simple enough. You just insert it before XO and when it receives any MIDI note, it will generate duplicate notes mapped to each of XO's 8 sample trigger pads.

If it's useful to anyone, you can find it attached. NOTE: You need to rename it to remove the ".TXT" filename extension. I couldn't upload to this forum without that.
nice! I'll be trying this

- edit-
how to get different notes for each sequencer track?

Last edited by EpicSounds; 02-12-2024 at 09:18 AM.
EpicSounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 10:12 AM   #216
daxliniere

Hey Jon, you can edit the notes in the JS script. I currently have it set as all notes (MIDI notes 36-43) to work specifically with XO.
Old 02-12-2024, 10:21 AM   #217
daxliniere

Ahh, or are you trying to get multiple sequencer 'rows' McSeq to run with one instance of XO?

That's possible, too, but would require a bunch of routing (which is possible with REAPER, of course). I suppose what you COULD do is insert XO on the folder parent track that McSeq creates. Since REAPER automatically sends all MIDI from the child tracks to the parent track, you wouldn't need to do any extra routing.

But since McSeq outputs the same note for all its tracks (MIDI note 60), you would need to add a transpose plugin to each of the sequencer tracks, each one mapped to notes 36-43.

I think a useful addition to McSeq would be for it to allow us to set which MIDI note a track is transmitting. Then you could have a template for XO which transmits 36-43 for its first 8 tracks.
Old 02-12-2024, 10:48 AM   #218
EpicSounds

After your previous message I was thinking we must be using XO very differently. I can't think of why I'd want all drums to trigger simultaneously from XO
Old 02-12-2024, 11:04 AM   #219
daxliniere

I use one instance of XO to run multiple layers of a single part. e.g. 3 or 4 layered snare samples. It also means I have one REAPER track for my (layered) kick, (layered) snare, etc. Otherwise I'd have to do some crazy plugin pin configuration to split out each track for subsequent EQ/compression/sends.
Old 02-15-2024, 01:52 PM   #220
daxliniere

Hey Arthur!

I'm sitting down with a friend and we're looking at using McSeq to program drums in his projects. I've just come across a stumbling block.

Once you've got a pattern you like, how do you make it repeat for several bars?
Old 02-19-2024, 10:08 PM   #221
Mekani

Default Changing patter length should not change all items

Changing pattern length changes the length of my other tracks that are not a part of the McSequencer, it affects both midi and audio items and gets really annoying after some time, is it intended behavior or a bug?

https://imgur.com/a/tWTcyEk
This is the behavior im talking about, im changing patter length to get it to do that and pink items are not part of the McSequencer

edited to add a gif

Last edited by Mekani; 02-19-2024 at 10:14 PM.
Mekani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 04:44 PM   #222
Juhulius

Hey this is crazy good...!!

+1 – The randomizing option would be extremely valuable.
Juhulius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 10:09 PM   #223
Mekani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekani View Post
Changing pattern length changes the length of my other tracks that are not a part of the McSequencer, it affects both midi and audio items and gets really annoying after some time, is it intended behavior or a bug?

https://imgur.com/a/tWTcyEk
This is the behavior im talking about, im changing patter length to get it to do that and pink items are not part of the McSequencer

edited to add a gif
Update, i updated to latest and fixed the issue, but now it doesn't dock in docker anymore
Mekani is offline   Reply With Quote