Old 05-21-2018, 05:42 PM   #1
MisterGTR
Human being with feelings

Default Asio4all or Voicemeeter or......?

Windows 10
Line 6 Kb37
Boss Katana head

I currently use the kb37 as my sole audio interface. I plug my powered speakers into it to monitor. And record my guitar into it via the guitar input either dry and use vst effects or from the Katana line out. All good so far.

But I was wanting to use the boss Katana to record into Reaper via USB*. The issue being if I select the katana as my audio interface I lose my powered speakers as they are connected to the kb37.

So I'm basically trying to use 2 audio interfaces at once

I've so far read about asio4all and voicemeeter as 2 possible solutions.

Has anybody tried both? If so what do you recommend.... Or is there something even better?

*I'm not sure of the benefits bar the fact it seems 'cleaner' with less digital to analogue and vice versa conversions going on. So may sound better and may have less latency. All just guessing. All I do know is that it's one less audio cable!

Thanks in advance

Last edited by MisterGTR; 05-22-2018 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Question mark added to title
MisterGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 12:48 AM   #2
zookthespook

ASio4all is good
but recently i have been really enjoying voicemeeter . very flexible routing and alongside Vban it is a no brainer app to have !
zookthespook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 11:23 AM   #3
MisterGTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by zookthespook View Post
ASio4all is good
but recently i have been really enjoying voicemeeter . very flexible routing and alongside Vban it is a no brainer app to have !
Thank you. I will get voicemeeter installed and set up at the weekend.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:07 AM   #4
MisterGTR

Had a go with voicemeeter but it introduces too much latency.

Would be great if i worked because i was able to record via USB simultaneously both the dry unaffected guitar through "secondary" and the effected guitar through "primary" but alas the latency is too great to make it worthwhile.

Further i had an issue that the guitar sounds were coming out via the PC as well and not just through the DAW. And caused a feedback loop. I'm sure it would be a simple routing fix needed but with the latency issue i didn't bother.

I'll give Asio4all a try this weekend when back home.