Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 08-01-2018, 11:32 AM   #1
Reflected
Human being with feelings

Default customization help. - setting a colour for folder track

can someone please help to make a customization to the original theme

so that folder tracks will be fully colored, and simple tracks will have color only at the right of the tcp?

Last edited by Reflected; 08-01-2018 at 11:49 AM.
Reflected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 12:05 PM   #2
cubic13

Rather complicated and I'm afraid that you'll not be able to achieve this without using an added layout and a dedicated subfolder for it. The involved image files are the following :

tcp_bg.png
tcp_bgsel.png

So, what I would do are the three next steps :

1) Make an added, say, Folder colored subfolder in the theme, and copy these files into it.

2) Edit the files that are in the root folder by making them full opaque (they both have a partial tranparency with a vertical gradient).

3) Add a 'Folder view' layout in the rtconfig.txt. And here is where things get difficult, as we have to insert it in the right place and there are already a lot of different ones. I could be wrong, but I would suggest to put the following in line #338, just after the definitions of the default tcp :

Layout 'fv --- Folder view' 'Folder colored'
set tcp.mute .
EndLayout

This is a first approach. After this you could adjust the transparency and colors gradients to your needs for the involved files...

HTWH...

Last edited by cubic13; 08-01-2018 at 12:18 PM.
cubic13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 12:16 PM   #3
Reflected

first thx for the input
but i just dont know how to use rtconfig.txt

Old 08-01-2018, 12:26 PM   #4
cubic13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflected View Post
first thx for the input
but i just dont know how to use rtconfig.txt

The rtconfig.txt file is a plain text file that can be edited with a raw text editor, such as Notepad. It is among the files that are in the resources folder of the theme, after having unzip it, and contains all the instructions and layouts definitions that allows the theme to behave properly.

So, the best to do is to copy it and give it another name (say, _rtconfig.txt), so you have a backup, just in case. Then you can edit the remaining one without risk. Once done, rezip both the resource folder and the associated .ReaperTheme file together, then change the extension of the resulting archive to .ReaperThemeZip, before putting it back in the \ColorThemes subfolder of your Reaper installation.
Old 08-01-2018, 01:20 PM   #5
Reflected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubic13 View Post
The rtconfig.txt file is a plain text file that can be edited with a raw text editor, such as Notepad. It is among the files that are in the resources folder of the theme, after having unzip it, and contains all the instructions and layouts definitions that allows the theme to behave properly.

So, the best to do is to copy it and give it another name (say, _rtconfig.txt), so you have a backup, just in case. Then you can edit the remaining one without risk. Once done, rezip both the resource folder and the associated .ReaperTheme file together, then change the extension of the resulting archive to .ReaperThemeZip, before putting it back in the \ColorThemes subfolder of your Reaper installation.
I tried it once without success :/
Old 08-02-2018, 01:40 AM   #6
cubic13

OK, let's make this in another way. There are three attachements joined here : two graphic files and a rtconfig.txt one. Proceed as follows :

1) Unzip the default theme (named as Default_5.0.ReaperThemeZip), after having copied it in a safe place and changed its extension to .zip, which means that you should not proceed directly on the one which is in the \ColorThemes subfolder of your Reaper installation. You should get these two objects :
default_5.0_unpacked ----> this is the resource folder which contains the rtconfig.txt file, among all the graphic ones.
default_5.0_unpacked.ReaperTheme ----> This is the file that contains several settings that can be directly edited with the Theme development/Tweaker window

2) In the default_5.0_unpacked folder :
- Replace the existing rtconfig.txt file with the one joined in the attachements,
- Still in this folder, create a Folder colored subfolder,
- copy both the existing tcp_bg.png and tcp_bgsel.png files in this new created subfolder,
- Replace these two files (the ones in the main resource folder, NOT the ones that are now in the 'Folder colored' subfolder) with the ones joined in the attachements.

3) Select BOTH the default_5.0_Unpacked folder and the default_5.0_Unpacked.ReaperTheme file and zip them together (under Windows, right click and choose 'Send to > Compressed folder').

4) Change the extension of the resulting archive file from .zip to .ReaperThemeZip.

5) Copy it to the \ColorThemes folder of your Reaper installation.

That should work as it does here, loading the new Default_5.0_unpacked theme from the Reaper Options > Themes list. When selecting a folder track and choosing for it the fc --- Folder colored layout, you should see the folder panel as it was for all the tracks previously, all the others being now fully opaque.

As I said previously, this is a first approach and you'll surely have to adjust the colour and transparency of the involved graphic files. FWIW, I put the added layout definition from line #322 to #326 in the new rtconfig.txt.
Attached Images
File Type: png tcp_bg.png (550 Bytes, 260 views)
File Type: png tcp_bgsel.png (512 Bytes, 168 views)
Attached Files
File Type: txt rtconfig.txt (109.5 KB, 176 views)

Last edited by cubic13; 08-02-2018 at 03:34 AM. Reason: Typos and corrections...
Old 08-05-2018, 02:22 AM   #7
Reflected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubic13 View Post
OK, let's make this in another way. There are three attachements joined here : two graphic files and a rtconfig.txt one. Proceed as follows :

1) Unzip the default theme (named as Default_5.0.ReaperThemeZip), after having copied it in a safe place and changed its extension to .zip, which means that you should not proceed directly on the one which is in the \ColorThemes subfolder of your Reaper installation. You should get these two objects :
default_5.0_unpacked ----> this is the resource folder which contains the rtconfig.txt file, among all the graphic ones.
default_5.0_unpacked.ReaperTheme ----> This is the file that contains several settings that can be directly edited with the Theme development/Tweaker window

2) In the default_5.0_unpacked folder :
- Replace the existing rtconfig.txt file with the one joined in the attachements,
- Still in this folder, create a Folder colored subfolder,
- copy both the existing tcp_bg.png and tcp_bgsel.png files in this new created subfolder,
- Replace these two files (the ones in the main resource folder, NOT the ones that are now in the 'Folder colored' subfolder) with the ones joined in the attachements.

3) Select BOTH the default_5.0_Unpacked folder and the default_5.0_Unpacked.ReaperTheme file and zip them together (under Windows, right click and choose 'Send to > Compressed folder').

4) Change the extension of the resulting archive file from .zip to .ReaperThemeZip.

5) Copy it to the \ColorThemes folder of your Reaper installation.

That should work as it does here, loading the new Default_5.0_unpacked theme from the Reaper Options > Themes list. When selecting a folder track and choosing for it the fc --- Folder colored layout, you should see the folder panel as it was for all the tracks previously, all the others being now fully opaque.

As I said previously, this is a first approach and you'll surely have to adjust the colour and transparency of the involved graphic files. FWIW, I put the added layout definition from line #322 to #326 in the new rtconfig.txt.
I wish this could be automatically, but this does the job for now.
Thank you so much!
Old 08-05-2018, 07:52 PM   #8
Not_Here

subbing for future reference...Amazing how knowledgeable reaper users are. thanks to both of you!
OP @reflected for asking the question,
and for @cubic for posting a great bit of info!

Last edited by Not_Here; 08-06-2018 at 01:07 AM. Reason: proper thanks
Not_Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 09:53 PM   #9
hopi

Cubic strikes again! May the good lord bless and keep you!!!
Old 03-18-2021, 11:57 AM   #10
BartR

I'm struggling to get the small rectangle where the folder ident is, at one color, and all the rest to another color (which is a textured background
I'm trying since days without being successful
BartR is offline   Reply With Quote