Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Yesterday, 04:30 AM   #7841
WaveTrans
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothys_monster View Post
Oooh, I forgot to click Auto Map Sends in the CSI config!!!

Soo, how can I try your FX mappings then? Auto Map FX or Auto Map Focused FX don't seem to do the trick?
Saw this post after answering the previous

All of this should work without any auto mapping.

Toggling sends or focus FX calls up these functions.

If you use the IconNano2.0 .zon, you toggle sends by pressing Send button.

The send menu of the selected track should open and, in the rotary version send 1-8 volume is controlled by rotary1-8 respectively. Shift+rotary1-8 is respective SendPan.

The regular version uses the fader for controlling send volumes. Switch through sends 1-8 using the channel left right keys


For use of the FX zones, I recommend only one version of a plugin.zon in a zone folder otherwise there may be issues between .zones

Again if IconNano2.0 is used, press the Plugin button.
FX Menu opens and FX are focused.
Select a Plugin by mouse (or circle switching through using Pan button) and if a multichannel FX is in the zone folder, e.g. ReaEQX, the surface will show Frequency1 on the scribble screen.
You may switch between frequency bands 1-8 (if there are 8 bands available) using the channel left right keys.
Controll frequency by Fader, gain with Shift+Fader and bandwith by Option+Fader.
Leave by selecting another Plug from the list or pressing Plugin again.
__________________
CSI files for the Icon Nano Vers. 2.0: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/38686/CSI_IconNano_2_0.zip
CSI FX.zones for the Icon Nano: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/38685/CSI_FX_zones.zip
WaveTrans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:52 AM   #7842
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 4,429
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdc View Post
Both Eucon and OSC iPad Lemur surface came online. But strangely the iPad OSC received channels 1-8, and the S3 got channels 9 onwards. Checked the CSI prefs, and EuCon was listed above the OSC module.
Uggh, that's a nasty one. CSI just allocates everything in order EXCEPT for EuCon, it's done on a handshake basis, and is often deferred a bit, thus the behaviour you see.

Have to ponder that one a bit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdc View Post
- When I exited out of the prefs pane, Reaper Crashed. Here is the crash report. Looks like something related to a pre-allocated UDP port or a naughty CHAR string?
Naw, just stupid programmer error

Fixed in next build.
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Beta software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/38349/CSI%20beta.zip
installation and documentation here: https://github.com/malcolmgroves/reaper_csi/wiki
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:53 AM   #7843
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 4,429
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Can confirm that pan is working. Good stuff!

But, exiting Reaper does not de-initialize (is that a word) the surface. Faders just stay where they last were instead of returning to minimum.

EDIT:
But sometimes it works.
Try the latest build, there is a possible fix...
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Beta software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/38349/CSI%20beta.zip
installation and documentation here: https://github.com/malcolmgroves/reaper_csi/wiki
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:55 AM   #7844
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 4,429
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdc View Post
Further to the issues with "TrackTouch" messages not being respected.

Here are two envelopes.

1. Track in "Touch" automation mode. Fader on iPad sending Touch and Volume messages. (CSI Console shows both of these messages arriving as intended. You can see that the resulting envelope keeps wanting to return to -0dB.
Hmmm...

Works fine here on the Artist Mix, what happens with the S3 ?
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Beta software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/38349/CSI%20beta.zip
installation and documentation here: https://github.com/malcolmgroves/reaper_csi/wiki
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:57 AM   #7845
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 4,429
Default

New build is up.

Fixed OSC crash.

Various Pan bugs fixed -- make sure to get the new EuCon.zon file if you want PanL and PanR to actually work

Possbile fix for incomplete shutdown.

Sends (Auxes) working:
Rotary -- Volume
Bottom Switch -- Mute
Top Switch -- Pre/Post -- note there is a bug in the Reaper Sends Window, close and open and your Pre/Post choice will show.

New Actions - TrackPanLPercent and TrackPanRPercent.
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Beta software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/38349/CSI%20beta.zip
installation and documentation here: https://github.com/malcolmgroves/reaper_csi/wiki
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:27 AM   #7846
Funkybot
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 860
Default

Here's a quick "issue" (if we can call it an issue): Pan width only goes to mono on the EuCon surface. Reaper itself goes all the way to negative stereo and flips the channels once you hit negative numbers.

EuCon still not returning to zero consistently on close (faders zero out on open though).

Also, any chance of just adding these two lines to the Eucon.zon going forward? Would seems like it'd be a nice feature to have right out of the box and would save me the step of adding it back in every time there's a Eucon update.
Code:
   	Option+Select|   	TrackUniqueSelect
   	Option+Select|   	Reaper 41665       //Mixer: Show/hide children of selected tracks
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:17 PM   #7847
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 4,429
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Here's a quick "issue" (if we can call it an issue): Pan width only goes to mono on the EuCon surface. Reaper itself goes all the way to negative stereo and flips the channels once you hit negative numbers.
That's a tricky one..

In the original EuCon support we added a switch to flip, but I think it was more confusing than useful.

Current thinking is, reverse width is so infrequently used that it's not worth agonizing over, just use the mouse on those rare occasions

What do you think ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
EuCon still not returning to zero consistently on close (faders zero out on open though).
Thank for testing, will keep trying...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Also, any chance of just adding these two lines to the Eucon.zon going forward? Would seems like it'd be a nice feature to have right out of the box and would save me the step of adding it back in every time there's a Eucon update.
Code:
   	Option+Select|   	TrackUniqueSelect
   	Option+Select|   	Reaper 41665       //Mixer: Show/hide children of selected tracks
Done.
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Beta software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/38349/CSI%20beta.zip
installation and documentation here: https://github.com/malcolmgroves/reaper_csi/wiki
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:34 PM   #7848
Funkybot
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 860
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
That's a tricky one..

In the original EuCon support we added a switch to flip, but I think it was more confusing than useful.

Current thinking is, reverse width is so infrequently used that it's not worth agonizing over, just use the mouse on those rare occasions

What do you think ?
I'm honestly 100% fine with that.
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:44 PM   #7849
Funkybot
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 860
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Thank for testing, will keep trying...
It probably doesn't matter, but I've got my Artist Mix configured for 32 channels. I figured a typical completed project is in the mid 20's in terms of track counts so left a few extras. If you can't reproduce on your Artist Mix running 16 channels, maybe try with a higher count.
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:36 PM   #7850
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 4,429
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
It probably doesn't matter, but I've got my Artist Mix configured for 32 channels. I figured a typical completed project is in the mid 20's in terms of track counts so left a few extras. If you can't reproduce on your Artist Mix running 16 channels, maybe try with a higher count.
Tried it with 72 Channels, no difference, still works fine.
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Beta software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/38349/CSI%20beta.zip
installation and documentation here: https://github.com/malcolmgroves/reaper_csi/wiki
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:41 PM   #7851
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 4,429
Default

Thanks everyone for all the testing effort, discussion, wiki upkeep, .mst/.ost/.zon file contributions, support, troubleshooting, and everything else, things are really coming along

Ok, now remind me what, other than the GUI, is left to do to get to version 1.0 ?
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Beta software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/38349/CSI%20beta.zip
installation and documentation here: https://github.com/malcolmgroves/reaper_csi/wiki
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:00 PM   #7852
tdc
Human being with feelings
 
tdc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Sydney
Posts: 103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Thanks everyone for all the testing effort, discussion, wiki upkeep, .mst/.ost/.zon file contributions, support, troubleshooting, and everything else, things are really coming along
Thanks to you Geoff! As a newcomer to CSI, it has been instrumental in my decision (almost) to migrate all my workflows over to Reaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Ok, now remind me what, other than the GUI, is left to do to get to version 1.0 ?
Meters for EuCon surfaces. :-)
tdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:32 PM   #7853
tdc
Human being with feelings
 
tdc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Sydney
Posts: 103
Default EuCon Panning

Note on EuCon Panning Controls

Seems great, just one oddity or is just a feature I don't understand :-)

Here on the S3, in Stereo Balance Mode, works as expected. Pan, Width control their respective Reaper parameters, and I can see the there are PanLeft and PanRight as well. These control those parameters (but of course if the Track is set to Stereo Balance Mode, these don't have any effect on the audio, but they do update the Pan Pots in the Track Panning block.

When I switch the Track to Dual Pan, the S3 has a small bug in that the knobs labelled Pan and Width now control the PanLeft and PanRight parameters, and the PanLeft and PanRight knobs control their respective parameters.
tdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:51 PM   #7854
Funkybot
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 860
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Thanks everyone for all the testing effort, discussion, wiki upkeep, .mst/.ost/.zon file contributions, support, troubleshooting, and everything else, things are really coming along

Ok, now remind me what, other than the GUI, is left to do to get to version 1.0 ?
Thanks for you all your work on this Geoff. Can't imagine how much went into it! In terms of things I can remember being recently discussed or just may still require some refinement...

I think some of us are hoping for a GlobalFXNavigator to create a hardwired map for things like monitor FX. Examples: the A/B button of Metric AB or the bypass of Sonarworks Reference. EDIT: thinking of my own needs, maybe just a "MonitorFXNavigator" for controlling monitor FX, if that makes it easier.

Is EuCon assignment otherwise complete? Like, the left hand column of buttons on Artist Mix (Group/Aux, Dyn/EQ, Input/Inserts, Flip Chan) for example? For instance, I can't seem to select inserts from the Artist Mix yet (thinking the FX Menu approach), and as pointed out by TDC, the meters aren't implemented in EuCon.

On the subject of EuCon meters, I also recall recently the QComProXMasterVUMeter was giving someone trouble and may have needed some work. Not sure if that was resolved.

Not sure if Encoder Acceleration still needs to go to the other encoder types, but I think that was on the to-do list.

A big one for me: FocusedFXParam can be a bit buggy. Sometimes losing focus when switching or closing plugins, or even getting confused about which instance to control if you have two instances of the same plugin on one track.

This one doesn't bother me at all but someone recently mentioned they expected cycling through the BPM Timebase button on Mackie would cycle the timebase in Reaper, which I believe they said the Klinke approach does.

Oh, and of course expanding the list of included surface mst/zon files.

Anyone else got anything?

Last edited by Funkybot; Yesterday at 08:23 PM.
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:58 PM   #7855
Funkybot
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 860
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Tried it with 72 Channels, no difference, still works fine.
Ok, so wasn't the track count. Just to add some further details, here's what I'm seeing:

When it works - Faders 1-3 minimize together simultaneously, then faders 4-8 minimize simultaneously as a second group with about a second or two between the first and second groups.

When it doesn't work - Faders 1-3 minimize together simultaneously. Faders 4-8 stay where they were.

When I open a blank Reaper project...any non minimized faders jump to minimum.
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:48 PM   #7856
tdc
Human being with feelings
 
tdc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Sydney
Posts: 103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Hmmm...
Works fine here on the Artist Mix, what happens with the S3 ?
Yes, its odd that they would behave differently. Here is a video to illustrate the issue for you.

https://youtu.be/Jw4Pm2OfbNI

Edit: further testing today on this, its interesting as when I touch and release the fader without moving it enough to send a volume value, I do see the expected messages in CSI console. So it seems like its getting from S3 to CSI-land.

Code:
IN <- EuCon FaderTouch1  1.000000  
IN <- EuCon FaderTouch1 0.000000

Last edited by tdc; Yesterday at 08:35 PM.
tdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:54 PM   #7857
Cragster
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Quakertown PA USA
Posts: 266
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Thanks everyone for all the testing effort, discussion, wiki upkeep, .mst/.ost/.zon file contributions, support, troubleshooting, and everything else, things are really coming along

Ok, now remind me what, other than the GUI, is left to do to get to version 1.0 ?
Master meter Qcon pro X ?? Would love to have that. And thanks for all yours help geoff and everyone
Cragster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:52 PM   #7858
tdc
Human being with feelings
 
tdc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Sydney
Posts: 103
Default Current EuCon support

I thought it might be helpful to share my docs that I have been keeping for my own development needs in getting this all working for the studio.

Blue shows what CSI is currently supporting on the devices.
Green shows what the EuControl.app supports and allows for mapping to Reaper Actions, all thousands of them. This is a seriously great function.
Red shows what my wishes for the V1 would be.

S3 - Wishes
- Meters.
- Rec Buttons (once implemented, I would assign these to stepping through the automation modes).
- Modifiers.
- The Compressor Button, to trigger the FX Panel.
I suspect that the top row of encoders would be way too much to consider for this first version.



Avid Transport
This is such an amazing device, that is built like a tank and gives the impression you are driving a Euphonix S5. Almost all of the functions current work within EuCon, so the only wish is to be able to display the Transport Time on the OLED.



Thanks Geoff!
tdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:33 PM   #7859
tdc
Human being with feelings
 
tdc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Sydney
Posts: 103
Default

EuCon - Pan Touch:

Doing some test mixes on the S3 to see how this all works in practise and noticed that the Panning isn't behaving properly in Touch Mode. Seems that the TrackTouch Message isn't being sent to the Track in Reaper, so you get the familiar jagged envelope.

Interesting, on the S3, when I touch the fader I can see the OLED display change to the Pan Value, and also in Reaper in the CSI Console I see the appropriate message.

Code:
IN <- EuCon Pan_RotaryTouch1  1.000000  
IN <- EuCon Pan_RotaryTouch1 0.000000

Last edited by tdc; Yesterday at 08:49 PM.
tdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:56 PM   #7860
tdc
Human being with feelings
 
tdc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Sydney
Posts: 103
Default

EuCon - Touch Messages and Automation

It seems when I put a channel into Touch Mode, and then do a pass with the EuCon surface, the Pan automation lane is also touched and thus enters TouchWrite and starts to overwrite the Pan envelope at the value the pan pot is at.
tdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:28 AM   #7861
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 4,429
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdc View Post
Meters for EuCon surfaces. :-)
On the to do list
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Beta software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/38349/CSI%20beta.zip
installation and documentation here: https://github.com/malcolmgroves/reaper_csi/wiki
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:33 AM   #7862
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 4,429
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdc View Post
Note on EuCon Panning Controls

Seems great, just one oddity or is just a feature I don't understand :-)

Here on the S3, in Stereo Balance Mode, works as expected. Pan, Width control their respective Reaper parameters, and I can see the there are PanLeft and PanRight as well. These control those parameters (but of course if the Track is set to Stereo Balance Mode, these don't have any effect on the audio, but they do update the Pan Pots in the Track Panning block.

When I switch the Track to Dual Pan, the S3 has a small bug in that the knobs labelled Pan and Width now control the PanLeft and PanRight parameters, and the PanLeft and PanRight knobs control their respective parameters.
Yup, noted as bug.
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Beta software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/38349/CSI%20beta.zip
installation and documentation here: https://github.com/malcolmgroves/reaper_csi/wiki
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:42 AM   #7863
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 4,429
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
I think some of us are hoping for a GlobalFXNavigator to create a hardwired map for things like monitor FX. Examples: the A/B button of Metric AB or the bypass of Sonarworks Reference. EDIT: thinking of my own needs, maybe just a "MonitorFXNavigator" for controlling monitor FX, if that makes it easier.
Is this just an FX Zone with a MasterTrackNavigator ?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Is EuCon assignment otherwise complete? Like, the left hand column of buttons on Artist Mix (Group/Aux, Dyn/EQ, Input/Inserts, Flip Chan) for example? For instance, I can't seem to select inserts from the Artist Mix yet (thinking the FX Menu approach), and as pointed out by TDC, the meters aren't implemented in EuCon.
Nowhere near complete

This will be an ongoing endeavour, adding meters to what we currently have is likely about as far as we will get for version 1.0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
On the subject of EuCon meters, I also recall recently the QComProXMasterVUMeter was giving someone trouble and may have needed some work. Not sure if that was resolved.
Noted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Not sure if Encoder Acceleration still needs to go to the other encoder types, but I think that was on the to-do list.
Should EncoderPlain be more than Plain ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
A big one for me: FocusedFXParam can be a bit buggy. Sometimes losing focus when switching or closing plugins, or even getting confused about which instance to control if you have two instances of the same plugin on one track.
Yeah, ongoing battle to get a consistent way of determining in/out of focus...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
This one doesn't bother me at all but someone recently mentioned they expected cycling through the BPM Timebase button on Mackie would cycle the timebase in Reaper, which I believe they said the Klinke approach does.
Will look into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Oh, and of course expanding the list of included surface mst/zon files.
The more the merrier !!
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Beta software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/38349/CSI%20beta.zip
installation and documentation here: https://github.com/malcolmgroves/reaper_csi/wiki
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:46 AM   #7864
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 4,429
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdc View Post
Yes, its odd that they would behave differently. Here is a video to illustrate the issue for you.

https://youtu.be/Jw4Pm2OfbNI

Edit: further testing today on this, its interesting as when I touch and release the fader without moving it enough to send a volume value, I do see the expected messages in CSI console. So it seems like its getting from S3 to CSI-land.

Code:
IN <- EuCon FaderTouch1  1.000000  
IN <- EuCon FaderTouch1 0.000000
I don't use automation much, so someone else may chime in, but that looks like the correct behaviour for Touch -- when you release the Fader the envelope goes to the current value at the timeline position...

At least it is consistent with what I see here, maybe the implementation is wrong
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Beta software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/38349/CSI%20beta.zip
installation and documentation here: https://github.com/malcolmgroves/reaper_csi/wiki
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:47 AM   #7865
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 4,429
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cragster View Post
Master meter Qcon pro X ?? Would love to have that. And thanks for all yours help geoff and everyone
Noted.
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Beta software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/38349/CSI%20beta.zip
installation and documentation here: https://github.com/malcolmgroves/reaper_csi/wiki
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:00 AM   #7866
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 4,429
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdc View Post
S3 - Wishes
- Meters.
On the to do list.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tdc View Post
Rec Buttons (once implemented, I would assign these to stepping through the automation modes).
I have no idea whether this will work, but try modifying EuCon.zon replacing:

Code:
	PanL_Rotary| 		TrackPanLPercent
	PanR_Rotary| 		TrackPanRPercent
	RecordArm|  		TrackRecordArm
	Solo|  			TrackSolo
	Mute| 			TrackMute
with:

Code:
	PanL_Rotary| 		TrackPanLPercent
	PanR_Rotary| 		TrackPanRPercent
	RecordArm|  		TrackUniqueSelect
	RecordArm|  		TrackAutoMode [ 0 1 2 3 4 ] 
	Solo|  			TrackSolo
	Mute| 			TrackMute
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdc View Post
- Modifiers.
- The Compressor Button, to trigger the FX Panel.
If those buttons are anything like the Mix units, modifiers and those left hand clusters are all internal and not exposed to the outside world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdc View Post
I suspect that the top row of encoders would be way too much to consider for this first version.
Perhaps there is a slight hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdc View Post
Avid Transport
This is such an amazing device, that is built like a tank and gives the impression you are driving a Euphonix S5.
I know, there is one sitting in front of me right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdc View Post
[B]Almost all of the functions current work within EuCon, so the only wish is to be able to display the Transport Time on the OLED.
On the to do list.
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Beta software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/38349/CSI%20beta.zip
installation and documentation here: https://github.com/malcolmgroves/reaper_csi/wiki
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:04 AM   #7867
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 4,429
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdc View Post
EuCon - Pan Touch:

Doing some test mixes on the S3 to see how this all works in practise and noticed that the Panning isn't behaving properly in Touch Mode. Seems that the TrackTouch Message isn't being sent to the Track in Reaper, so you get the familiar jagged envelope.

Interesting, on the S3, when I touch the fader I can see the OLED display change to the Pan Value, and also in Reaper in the CSI Console I see the appropriate message.

Code:
IN <- EuCon Pan_RotaryTouch1  1.000000  
IN <- EuCon Pan_RotaryTouch1 0.000000
Yes, EuCon.zon is incomplete, add this and see what happens:

Code:
	FaderDB|  		TrackVolumeDB
	FaderTouch|  		TrackTouch
	Pan_RotaryTouch|        TrackTouch
ZoneEnd
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Beta software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/38349/CSI%20beta.zip
installation and documentation here: https://github.com/malcolmgroves/reaper_csi/wiki
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:04 AM   #7868
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 4,429
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdc View Post
EuCon - Touch Messages and Automation

It seems when I put a channel into Touch Mode, and then do a pass with the EuCon surface, the Pan automation lane is also touched and thus enters TouchWrite and starts to overwrite the Pan envelope at the value the pan pot is at.
Do you have the Pan envelope armed ?
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Beta software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/38349/CSI%20beta.zip
installation and documentation here: https://github.com/malcolmgroves/reaper_csi/wiki
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:08 AM   #7869
tdc
Human being with feelings
 
tdc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Sydney
Posts: 103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
I don't use automation much, so someone else may chime in, but that looks like the correct behaviour for Touch -- when you release the Fader the envelope goes to the current value at the timeline position...

At least it is consistent with what I see here, maybe the implementation is wrong
Hi Geoff, Perhaps I haven't illustrated the bug properly, as this is far from proper behaviour.

The issue I am trying to highlight only happens on this CSI EuCon implementation, the CSI OSC module works as it should.

Is there anything I can do to assist in understanding the issue?
tdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:20 AM   #7870
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 4,429
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdc View Post
Hi Geoff, Perhaps I haven't illustrated the bug properly, as this is far from proper behaviour.

The issue I am trying to highlight only happens on this CSI EuCon implementation, the CSI OSC module works as it should.

Is there anything I can do to assist in understanding the issue?
Obviously I'm completely missing this, let's try another approach.

Could you please make a short video of the correct CSI OSC behaviour so my feeble mind can compare the two ?
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Beta software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/38349/CSI%20beta.zip
installation and documentation here: https://github.com/malcolmgroves/reaper_csi/wiki
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:21 AM   #7871
tdc
Human being with feelings
 
tdc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Sydney
Posts: 103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
[CODE]PanL_Rotary| TrackPanLPercent
PanR_Rotary| TrackPanRPercent
RecordArm| TrackUniqueSelect
RecordArm| TrackAutoMode [ 0 1 2 3 4 ]
Solo| TrackSolo
Mute| TrackMute{/CODE]
At first this did not work, and I thought all was lost as it didn't appear in the CSI Console, but then I recalled I had set a preference in EuControl years ago to toggle this button press to a different action (Automation Mode toggle). Setting this back to Rec Enable resulted in this button appearing in your CSI Console

Code:
IN <- EuCon RecordArm1  1.000000
However, the automation mode is not being stepped through and set. Lots of testing with the syntax suggests the messaging is working, as I can set etc RecordArm button press to trigger other messages like Select and Mute. If I change the Action to TrackAutoMode "4" then I can set the track to Latch. Seems the syntax of the Toggle Array is wrong perhaps ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
If those buttons are anything like the Mix units, modifiers and those left hand clusters are all internal and not exposed to the outside world.
Yes, I suspect so sadly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Originally Posted by tdc View Post
Avid Transport
This is such an amazing device, that is built like a tank and gives the impression you are driving a Euphonix S5.
I know, there is one sitting in front of me right now
Ahh the good old days! No one makes leather arm rests like that anymore. ;-) (Is yours the Phat knobs? With EuCon support?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Originally Posted by tdc View Post
[B]Almost all of the functions current work within EuCon, so the only wish is to be able to display the Transport Time on the OLED.

- From Geoff: On the to do list.
Superb!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Pan_RotaryTouch| TrackTouch
Sorry to report, Pan and Fader touches still seem to be affecting each other.
Again this is a EuCon thing as in CSI-OSC it behaves properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Do you have the Pan envelope armed ?
Yes, its armed, but when a fader on a Eucon surface is touched, the pan knob responds like it has been touched, and the same is true if I touch a Pan knob the Fader thinks its been touched.

Again, this is only EuCon, OSC if fine.
tdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:37 AM   #7872
tdc
Human being with feelings
 
tdc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Sydney
Posts: 103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Obviously I'm completely missing this, let's try another approach.

Could you please make a short video of the correct CSI OSC behaviour so my feeble mind can compare the two ?
Completely understand, its challenging to illustrate in words, so I made you a video this morning ;-) Back in Post #7856. Here it is again.

You can see at 0:18 when my finger comes down again to try and ride the fader a second time, the fader is at -0dB, but as soon as a touch is registered, the fader value in Reaper jumps to the value the fader was at when my finger last lifted, as opposed to where Reaper has returned it too.

https://youtu.be/Jw4Pm2OfbNI



Seems like Fader state isn't being updated correctly somewhere.

Last edited by tdc; Today at 07:00 AM. Reason: syntactical grace.
tdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:57 AM   #7873
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 4,429
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdc View Post
At first this did not work, and I thought all was lost as it didn't appear in the CSI Console, but then I recalled I had set a preference in EuControl years ago to toggle this button press to a different action (Automation Mode toggle). Setting this back to Rec Enable resulted in this button appearing in your CSI Console

Code:
IN <- EuCon RecordArm1  1.000000
However, the automation mode is not being stepped through and set. Lots of testing with the syntax suggests the messaging is working, as I can set etc RecordArm button press to trigger other messages like Select and Mute. If I change the Action to TrackAutoMode "4" then I can set the track to Latch. Seems the syntax of the Toggle Array is wrong perhaps ?
Yeah, didn't think that would work, nice troubleshooting !

I'll have to build a cyclable one


Quote:
Originally Posted by tdc View Post
Ahh the good old days! No one makes leather arm rests like that anymore. ;-)?
Speaking of leather armrests, made this with one piece of leather covering a sliced up yoga mat (perfect feel was 4 layers), on a wood base:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byqW...ature=youtu.be

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdc View Post
Sorry to report, Pan and Fader touches still seem to be affecting each other.
Again this is a EuCon thing as in CSI-OSC it behaves properly.


Yes, its armed, but when a fader on a Eucon surface is touched, the pan knob responds like it has been touched, and the same is true if I touch a Pan knob the Fader thinks its been touched.

Again, this is only EuCon, OSC if fine.
Got it.
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Beta software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/38349/CSI%20beta.zip
installation and documentation here: https://github.com/malcolmgroves/reaper_csi/wiki
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:58 AM   #7874
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 4,429
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdc View Post
Seems like Fader state isn't being updated correctly somewhere.
Finally, the cobwebs cleared, thanks
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Beta software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/38349/CSI%20beta.zip
installation and documentation here: https://github.com/malcolmgroves/reaper_csi/wiki
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:15 AM   #7875
David Carlyon
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 116
Default

Hey all,
I have a Slate Raven - have licences for Pro tools, Ableton and Studio One but it looks like they have no plans to support reaper.

I noticed that when i open Reaper, V Control recognises it and registers that it is open - so it obviously works with reaper.
Is there anything i can do to utilize my Raven with reaper?
I know the main point of the raven is that you have the slate toolbar...which only opens for the apps i have licences for.

I just thought i would ask incase anyone has any bright ideas. I don't.
Cheers
David Carlyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.