Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 09-28-2014, 01:03 PM   #41
serr
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMusic View Post
Also for any motu/cue mix fx users, assuming the program ran long enough to save my settings, can I run the 828 for recording to reaper without having cuemix open? (I of course want cue mix to run correctly, but at least could use the interface while I am trying get cuemix working).
Thanks

John
Yes. Think of Cuemix as a mearly a lightweight DAW specifically for that interface's built-in digital monitor mixer. The MOTU is first an audio interface and second includes a built-in mixer.
serr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 02:06 PM   #42
msmucr

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMusic View Post
thanks for the response,
So are you saying this error I'm getting is for sure a problem with the driver that needs to be re written or fixed? Or could it be something else?
Also for any motu/cue mix fx users, assuming the program ran long enough to save my settings, can I run the 828 for recording to reaper without having cuemix open?
Thanks
Hi John,
tricky part is, that it isn't for sure. Underlying data corruption due to hardware issue can produce very same errors.
I just wrote derail part, because I tried to briefly explain, what is going on during such software bug, which could be one possible source of your problem, and how it is related to mentioned library and error reports.
CueMix isn't driver for sound card, it is app for control of hardware DSP mixer and card settings (as Serr mentioned). Driver itself for Windows is usually one file with .sys extension, placed somewhere in "C:\Windows\System32\Drivers" and when it crashes, it usually ends with infamous blue-screen.
CueMix is of course important, i mentioned it for clear distinction between it and driver.
I don't have experience with your particular MOTU card, but according to previous models I believe, after initial setup, it can basically works without CueMix.

I hope, it clarifies it little bit,

Michal
Old 09-28-2014, 06:27 PM   #43
JohnnyMusic

Default Thanks for clarification

Thanks for the clarification, guys. that is kinda what I thought (as far as cuemix not being needed to run the interface, but its a lot easier to make setting with it).
I will do some trouble shooting and hopefully Motu will have a few more suggestions. I will work on it this week and update this thread later this week.
Thanks again.
John
JohnnyMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 08:33 PM   #44
JohnnyMusic

Default update

Well,
Motu told me to update my motherboard/bios firmware and any USB drivers, but I had done that already.
On a whim, I switched to a different USB 2.0 port to see what would happen. Cuemix takes longer to freeze but still eventually does. Audio continues to be passed to reaper from my interface when this happens, but I just can't change any settings in cue mix fx menus. No further suggestions from MOTU since last week.
Thanks again for the suggestions.
John.
JohnnyMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 02:01 AM   #45
ELP

Quote:
Motu told me to update my motherboard/bios firmware and any USB drivers
What a standard bullshit.

That´s a new board

Tell me why you dont make the tests?
What´s your problem, that you don´t make the tests, first?
1. memtest, 2. primetest

And frankly makes you such a thing not only when errors occur.
Generally at a new machine .. Especially if you have build this myself.
This is simply a must, for a longlife and stable machine.
If no errors occur(mem,prime), you can be safe that the RAM and CPU are OK(~99.9%) .
Also with the timings.
It´s a must.

Quote:
Name: MSVCR100.dll
Version: 10.0.30319.1
This is exactly the version that the motu software installs.
This DLL version will also be located in the installation directory.

As previously written, Motu for apple is ok, Motu for Windows is not good.
Joke mode on
No idea, but maybe there is more money from Apple for this Long Life pro Apple Image
Joke mode off

Last edited by ELP; 10-07-2014 at 02:16 AM.
ELP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 02:34 AM   #46
vanhaze

Offtopic but,

IMHO, Motu sux regarding their clock, ad and da conversion.
To name 1 alternative; RME stuff is way better and have incredible good drivers (mac & pc) that provide great low latency.
I had a motu 2408 mkiii, with stereo bus going to its spdif out.
Now i have RME AIO card with stereobus going to its spdif out: the sound is by far superior above motu.
It opened up a new world for me soundquality wise.
Peace.
vanhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 03:16 AM   #47
rmm

i bet the MSVCR100.dll needs to be updated, but i must admit it is odd that motu installs the older version, so anyone might think: it worked with the old one in the first place.

secondly it might just be damadged parts due to previous overclocking. if lucky it is just the ram, and here i must add: im not a fan of mushkin.
rmm is offline   Reply With Quote