Old 01-17-2020, 08:21 PM   #1
jviet
Human being with feelings

Default Cannot record

I have a Focusrite Clarett 18x20, and I'm running REAPER on Windows 10. I set the levels on the interface and have seen a signal on all 8 channels on the interface. When I activate recording on one or multiple tracks, and start recording, the software doesn't register anything. I've restarted the software (Reaper and the focusrite driver software), the surface pro, and the interface. I opened a new project, and the problem affected that one as well. I'm very new to recording, so it is highly possible that I'm doing something wrong or bumped something in exploring the software. Are there any settings that could be preventing recording? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by jviet; 01-19-2020 at 09:09 AM.
jviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 08:50 PM   #2
foxAsteria

Have you done any setup in Reaper at all (selecting the audio device and it's range of in/outputs and choosing different inputs per track; arming the tracks etc)? If not, read the beginning of the User Guide and you should be set.
Old 01-19-2020, 09:15 AM   #3
jviet

Good call. I'll go back over the setup procedures and see if I forgot a step. Thank you.
jviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 11:52 AM   #4
foxAsteria

You should be seeing signal on the track meters if they are armed, monitoring-enabled and Reaper is set up correctly. Make sure your audio system is ASIO and you've selected the Focusrite driver as the device in prefs/audio (not asio4all or anything else).

Surface Pro runs Win10?