Old 11-27-2006, 02:07 PM   #1
Newguy
Human being with feelings

Default Is "Add FX" broken in 1.44? (SOLVED)

For some reason I can't add single FX plugs in 1.44, but I can add FX chains no problem.

Anybody else having this problem?
Newguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 02:09 PM   #2
Justin
Administrator

workin' fine here.. any FX in particular you're trying to add?
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 02:30 PM   #3
Newguy

Hi Justin...your replies are as fast as your software development!

Sorry, I'm still new to Reaper and I just realized what I was doing wrong. I just installed 1.44 on my laptop to test it out before moving it to my main system, and I forgot that I had "docked" the FX Browser (which I hadn't done on my main system). I was so used to having the window pop up to select FX, that I didn't notice that it had come up in the dock in the background.

I just kept clicking the Add button like an idiot and no window popped up. The add FX chain seemed to work as of course it opens a floating window, so it seemed that the add fX was not working.

Sorry for the false alarm...and thanks very much for the stacked faders feature it 1.44!!
Old 11-27-2006, 03:31 PM   #4
Newguy

I was just thinking that maybe for new users (or boneheads like me), you could have a "please select FX from Dock" message pop up somehow when the FX browser is in a docked state and you are trying to add FX.

In my case the FX browser was already visible in the background, so there was no visual indication that anything had happened in the background to draw my attention to it.

I wasn't really working on a project, so I wasn't really paying attention either, and that was probably most of the problem.

Not a big deal by any means, but it might be a nice thing to add somewhere down the line as a usability enhancement.

Thanks again.