Old 05-20-2020, 10:27 PM   #1
pnutbuttrjarz
Human being with feelings

Default Sonarworks Systemwide Help

Hey guys.
Need some help big time. This Sonarworks Reference 4 Systemwide is doing my head in!!
I've calibrated my monitors with their mic. Also using their headphone preset for my ATH-M50x.
The program works when playing a song through Win Media Player. But when I'm playing a session in Reaper it's not working.
There is no signal going in to systemwide.
My sound interface is a RME Fireface UFX.

I've found these links stating that I need to point reaper to having Sonarworks Systmewide as the output. But Can't work out how to do it.

https://support.sonarworks.com/hc/en...your-computer-

https://support.sonarworks.com/hc/en...ith-Systemwide

It says in one of the links above: "Just make sure to set Sonarworks Systemwide (Sonarworks Virtual Audio Device on Windows) as your output (but not the input) device in your DAW settings."

But I'm not sure where to do that. If I go in to Device settings in Reaper, the only output that can be chosen are the outs of my Fireface. So not really sure what they are talking about. And there doesn't seem to be any help on their site in regards to using it with Reaper.

So whenever I'm playing audio out of Reaper Sonarworks has no input. But playing thru Windows Media Player it down.

I've selected Sonarworks Virtual Audio Device and set as default in Win 7 Control Panel Sound Properties. But it still isn't working.

I'm sure it's something small I'm overlooking..... but can't for the life of me figure it out right now.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Last edited by pnutbuttrjarz; 05-20-2020 at 10:39 PM.
pnutbuttrjarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 01:38 AM   #2
Pashkuli
Banned

You need to load up the Sonarworks VST plugin into the MonitoringFX section of Reaper.

Thus, when starting Reaper, the plugin will load up in ASIO signal flow and will bypass the Sonarworks Systemwide program and profiles.

They are basically the same thing, although the Systemwide can use different protocols than ASIO for the audio stream.

And for the love of God, install and setup Foobar as an audio player. This Win Media Player is garbage. For video nothing betas up PotPlayer+Lavfilters+madshiVR.
Pashkuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 01:21 PM   #3
valy

https://imgur.com/a/y7B21S6
valy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 11:28 PM   #4
pnutbuttrjarz

Thanks for the reply guys.
I was aware of being able to place the VST in FX bus....
But the idea of Systemwide is so that ALL sounds are process thru sonarworks before coming out of Speakers or Headphones.

So is this an issue with Reaper itself as to why I can't use Systemwide???

Seems as though it is not an issue with any other DAW.
Old 05-22-2020, 12:19 AM   #5
Pashkuli
Banned

If you do not use ASIO audio driver as the aduio signal I/O stream, then the sound in the DAW will be routed to Windows' audio stream (where Sonarworks Systemwide resides).

Of course in Windows everyone would like to use ASIO driver in the DAW.
I do not think Windows has an ASIO "systemwide" option.
This is a specific quirk of Windows idiotic management of audio signal paths. That is why Steinberg made ASIO (for better latency).

Just put the Sonarsytem VST plugin in the Monitor FX section in Reaper, check the option for "Detect plugin in DAW" in the Systemwide settings and you will be good to go.

Above, valy has shown more advanced routing if your audio interface has more than one pair of audio outputs.

In other DAWs this type of setting up the Sonarworks plugin is much more complicate than it is in Reaper (especially in Studio One, Cakewalk, Reason... just a couple of weeks ago Samplitude/Sequoia made a Monitoring FX upgrade).

Last edited by Pashkuli; 05-22-2020 at 01:50 AM.
Pashkuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 06:44 PM   #6
pnutbuttrjarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by adXok View Post
If you do not use ASIO audio driver as the aduio signal I/O stream, then the sound in the DAW will be routed to Windows' audio stream (where Sonarworks Systemwide resides).

Of course in Windows everyone would like to use ASIO driver in the DAW.
I do not think Windows has an ASIO "systemwide" option.
This is a specific quirk of Windows idiotic management of audio signal paths. That is why Steinberg made ASIO (for better latency).

Just put the Sonarsytem VST plugin in the Monitor FX section in Reaper, check the option for "Detect plugin in DAW" in the Systemwide settings and you will be good to go.

Above, valy has shown more advanced routing if your audio interface has more than one pair of audio outputs.

In other DAWs this type of setting up the Sonarworks plugin is much more complicate than it is in Reaper (especially in Studio One, Cakewalk, Reason... just a couple of weeks ago Samplitude/Sequoia made a Monitoring FX upgrade).
Thanks Bro.
That has made things pretty clear for me.
Appreciate your time in replying.
Thanks to the others that have replied as well.
Have a great weekend :-D
Old 05-22-2020, 08:33 PM   #7
Not_Here

The Monitor FX in Reaper is one of it's finer options (IMHO). Being able to render and not have correction be applied, which saves time, & it's very simple to turn it off & on regardless.