Old 03-30-2018, 06:43 AM   #1
robgb
Human being with feelings

Default Jerky Midi CC 1

I've noticed lately that my CC 1 is acting strange. When I use it, it gets jerky and sometimes glitches or jumps up and down as I scroll it. I have used three different controllers—my keystation 88 es, a Korg NanoKontrol 2, and TouchOSC. All three have the same problem. I'm using an iMac, Yosemite.

I wondered it if had something to do with the Keystation 88, which has been plugged in during all these tests. Maybe the wheel is going bad and sending out random messages. But I assigned the mod wheel to another CC and still get the intermittant jerkiness on CC1.

It seems to get worse when I'm actually playing notes along with it. But I've now discovered that it still happens even without the keyboard attached.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this or have you experienced something similar?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
robgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 10:06 AM   #2
robgb

Well, I guess I'm the victim of an anomaly, since no one has any suggestions. Now, if I could just figure out why it's happening...
robgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 12:09 PM   #3
EpicSounds

I've got a bad pitch bend wheel too. It's possible if you have the track set to all MIDI inputs that the broken controller is affecting other controllers.

Here's how I've temporarily solved the problem with software. https://reaperblog.net/2018/01/pitch-bend-control/
Old 04-10-2018, 02:57 AM   #4
z.curve

Is CC1 jerky only while Reaper is playing? If so, it could be MIDI envelope/automation data clashing with MIDI CC lane data. That can happen if your MIDI device is set as a source of both MIDI input and MIDI control in Preferences.

Or more simply, it might just be MIDI CC lane data having been overdubbed, which gets messy real quick. Have a look in the MIDI Editor's CC lanes for such.
z.curve is offline   Reply With Quote