Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Linux

Old 12-02-2021, 01:33 AM   #81
4duhwinnn
Human being with feelings

I think it's a very complete system, I do have kx repos installed,
and can't point to any issues. I usually just copy over .vst, .lv2, .vst3,
.u-he, .local, and Documents from a stable partition or a backup, when
doing a new install, then backfill if the muse so whispers. Also, a copy of the .config/REAPER folder, and QjackCtl.conf in .config/rncbc can save setup time.

I keep .wine backups, to quickly repopulate a regression recovery, and a VstPlugins folder with all the .so files removed, to drop in place, should a yabridge or linvst update seem to need it.

Someone might find these lines handy to save, just insert your username between the // and save the file for new yabridge setups, copy/paste the commands that are needed based on your plugin paths, and run the last one to stir the pot.

yabridgectl add /home//.wine/drive_c/users/VstPlugins
yabridgectl add /home//.wine/drive_c/"Program Files/VstPlugins"
yabridgectl add /home//.wine/drive_c/"Program Files/Common Files/VST3"
yabridgectl add /home//.wine/drive_c/"Program Files/Steinberg/VstPlugins"
Code:
yabridgectl add /home//.wine/drive_c/"Program Files (x86)/Cakewalk/VstPlugins"
Code:
yabridgectl add /home//.wine/drive_c/"Program Files/Native Instruments/VSTPlugins 64 bit"
Code:
yabridgectl add /home//.wine/drive_c/"Program Files/Native Instruments/VSTPlugins 32 bit"
Code:
yabridgectl add /home//.wine/drive_c/"Program Files (x86)/Creative Professional/Proteus VX"
yabridgectl sync

Last edited by 4duhwinnn; 12-02-2021 at 01:41 AM.
4duhwinnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 11:09 AM   #82
audiojunkie

Very useful to know! Thanks!
audiojunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 07:27 AM   #83
shosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by shosty View Post
The kxstudio repos are not well maintained at the moment for anything other than the kxstudio apps. I think plugins have taken a backseat as falktx appears to be working hard on other things rather than spending time packaging.

It makes me keen to move to arch. However, I did install manjaro on a laptop and installed loads of stuff with AUR which was great but some plugins were not recognised as the same by Reaper and Renoise. Perhaps there is a simple fix for that by editing the project files but it's an issue which probably will keep me on KDE Neon for a while.
I feel like I should update this statement. This discussion obviously stuck in my mind because I have since installed Arch and I haven't had any problems with plugins not being recognised. I can't remember which project I tried to open and couldn't previously on manjaro, I think it must have been quite an old one, but everything seems to be working for me now so I can definitely recommend moving to Arch if you feel like it.
shosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 02:30 PM   #84
audiojunkie

I just saw this interesting news from Fedora. It looks like Fedora is trying a different containerization method from Flatpak, Snaps, or Appimages. It will be interesting to see how it goes. It's going into Fedora 36:

Fedora 36 To Support OSTree Native Containers / CoreOS Layering

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...oreOS-Layering

Fedora 36 feature work continues building up for what will make another exciting update to this Linux distribution come April. The latest approval is more exciting work on the OSTree / CoreOS front.

The Fedora Engineering and Steering Committee (FESCo) has approved a change to enhance the RPM OSTreee stack to natively support OCI/Docker containers as a transport and delivery mechanism for operating system content. This feature is the basis for "CoreOS Layering" as a means of allowing operating system updates from container images and easily generating layered images from a CoreOS base image.

With the changes being worked on OSTree is to support (un)encapsulating OSTree commits as OCI/Docker images, rpm-ostree will support using these container images, support for deriving new user custom images from these container images, and other related tooling improvements.

Those interested in learning more about the planned change to allow for OCI/Docker containers to serve as the transport/delivery for operating system updates and applications can see the change proposal on the Fedora Wiki.
Old 12-16-2021, 12:29 PM   #85
audiojunkie

I can't help wondering if this post that I'm posting below has any relation to the original post I posted in this thread:

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/lates....php?mode=mylt
Old 12-16-2021, 12:30 PM   #86
audiojunkie

Cool new plug in format on the way -- CLAP

https://github.com/free-audio/clap

Right now, I have more questions than answers.......