Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 10-12-2018, 01:24 AM   #121
Tiggerdyret
Human being with feelings

Hi, I am using 3 of your plugins and I am amazed at how useful they are!

I've got a few suggestions for the faderbox plugin/smart knobs script.

1. Multiple rows. I might end up controlling up to 128 parameters, which is impossible to fit in the smart knobs script. Therefore I thought it would be cool to be able to fit multiple rows in the script window. Another solution could be to have multiple instances of the script window up, one for each faderbox plugin, so you could place them wherever you'd want to.

2. Color-coded numbers. Instead off having up to 128 faders in the script I'd like to color code them and have; blue 1-32, green 1-32, orange 1-32 and so on.

3. Learn starting from the last touched fader number. Sometimes I want to skip a fader, so I thought it would be cool be able to touch a fader and have the learn start from that. I could also just be selecting a parameter from the drop down menu and have the learn start from the next fader after that.

4. A scrolling bar for the smart knobs script. Just a simple scrolling bare for faster navigation instead of only mouse scrolling.

Have a nice day and thanks for these cool script!s
Tiggerdyret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 02:56 AM   #122
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerdyret View Post
Hi, I am using 3 of your plugins and I am amazed at how useful they are!

I've got a few suggestions for the faderbox plugin/smart knobs script.

1. Multiple rows. I might end up controlling up to 128 parameters, which is impossible to fit in the smart knobs script. Therefore I thought it would be cool to be able to fit multiple rows in the script window. Another solution could be to have multiple instances of the script window up, one for each faderbox plugin, so you could place them wherever you'd want to.

2. Color-coded numbers. Instead off having up to 128 faders in the script I'd like to color code them and have; blue 1-32, green 1-32, orange 1-32 and so on.

3. Learn starting from the last touched fader number. Sometimes I want to skip a fader, so I thought it would be cool be able to touch a fader and have the learn start from that. I could also just be selecting a parameter from the drop down menu and have the learn start from the next fader after that.

4. A scrolling bar for the smart knobs script. Just a simple scrolling bare for faster navigation instead of only mouse scrolling.

Have a nice day and thanks for these cool script!s
Thank you for the suggestions. I'm currently in the middle of some major updates to this script (probably going to be a separate V2 script as too many things are changing and requires different setup). I'll try to incorporate what I can in the new version. It won't be ready for a little while yet though.
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 04:42 AM   #123
Tiggerdyret

Cool, I'll be looking forward to see where you are taking this next.
Old 10-23-2018, 01:07 AM   #124
Tiggerdyret

Hi, I just wanted to let you know I've encountered a bug, where I loose control over my pc keyboard and Reaper continue running as a background process after it's closed. It happens when I touch a parameter in Omnisphere, while the script is running in a project without an LBX track, so not serious at all and 100% me misusing the script.

I'll just post it here in case anyone else is having a similar issue.
Old 10-23-2018, 02:25 AM   #125
lb0

Quote:
Hi, I just wanted to let you know I've encountered a bug, where I loose control over my pc keyboard and Reaper continue running as a background process after it's closed. It happens when I touch a parameter in Omnisphere, while the script is running in a project without an LBX track, so not serious at all and 100% me misusing the script.

I'll just post it here in case anyone else is having a similar issue.
Hi - thanks - I will look into. Not sure why you lose control over your PC keyboard though.

Are you in LEARN mode? Does the bug cause a crash with error message?
Old 10-23-2018, 09:55 AM   #126
Tiggerdyret

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Hi - thanks - I will look into. Not sure why you lose control over your PC keyboard though.

Are you in LEARN mode? Does the bug cause a crash with error message?
Not in learn mode, and no. No warning or other messages. I only realized that it was still running as a background process, because the sound kept playing, when I closed.

I've only encountered this problem with Omnisphere, so I'm not sure if it is a singular problem.
Old 01-08-2019, 03:52 AM   #127
Tiggerdyret

Hi, I've realized that this plugin tends to make opening and interacting or closing plugins very slow in large projects. In my heavy 155 track mix it takes about 4-7 seconds before I can make any change to a newly opened plugin, that isn't already loaded as faderbox's current plugin, which sadly is unacceptable.

I've done some testing of this.

1. I opened a new project and duplicated 2 tracks each with either Serum or Omnisphere on. and then I made a test track with ReaEQ to test the speed. I found that Reaper broke at 150 of these tracks before the problem arose.

2. I deleted most of the tracks from the most problematic project, which fixed it completely.

3. I muted all tracks, which seemed to change hang time from 6-7 seconds to 3-4.

4. I added 150 or more new tracks to a project except a few test track as in my first test, but didn't seem to have any issues with hang time in this example.

5. I deleted all FXs for most tracks in the project, which also weirdly enough only changed the time from 6-7 to 3-4, which is inconsistent with my last test.

I'm not sure if it's the amount of plugins, the heaviness or the number of parameters per plugin in the project as my results are a bit inconsistent. My best guess is that it's a combination of having lot's a tracks with lots of different instances of plugins, but not the amount of CPU or ram usage, but it might also play into it. I have a pretty strong PC, so I have never bother with managing CPU usage as I've never ran into problems before.

I'll have to reevaluate whether I still want to use this plugin, but I have to say it's not gonna be an easy goodbye as I think it's a very neat utility.
Old 01-08-2019, 04:39 AM   #128
lb0

Quote:
Hi, I've realized that this plugin tends to make opening and interacting or closing plugins very slow in large projects. In my heavy 155 track mix it takes about 4-7 seconds before I can make any change to a newly opened plugin, that isn't already loaded as faderbox's current plugin, which sadly is unacceptable.

I've done some testing of this.

1. I opened a new project and duplicated 2 tracks each with either Serum or Omnisphere on. and then I made a test track with ReaEQ to test the speed. I found that Reaper broke at 150 of these tracks before the problem arose.

2. I deleted most of the tracks from the most problematic project, which fixed it completely.

3. I muted all tracks, which seemed to change hang time from 6-7 seconds to 3-4.

4. I added 150 or more new tracks to a project except a few test track as in my first test, but didn't seem to have any issues with hang time in this example.

5. I deleted all FXs for most tracks in the project, which also weirdly enough only changed the time from 6-7 to 3-4, which is inconsistent with my last test.

I'm not sure if it's the amount of plugins, the heaviness or the number of parameters per plugin in the project as my results are a bit inconsistent. My best guess is that it's a combination of having lot's a tracks with lots of different instances of plugins, but not the amount of CPU or ram usage, but it might also play into it. I have a pretty strong PC, so I have never bother with managing CPU usage as I've never ran into problems before.

I'll have to reevaluate whether I still want to use this plugin, but I have to say it's not gonna be an easy goodbye as I think it's a very neat utility.
I'll do some tests to see why this is - do you get any lag when the script is not running on the same projects?

Omnisphere v1 takes a good 2-3 seconds to open the GUI normally on my studio PC (even when that's the only track fx in the project).

I know this script is used by people who have 1000+ tracks in their projects (with Kontakt mainly) - many tracks are muted - but many active also. They've not mentioned anything like this to me.

I'll see if I can do anything about this when I get some time to look into it.
Old 01-08-2019, 05:39 AM   #129
Tiggerdyret

Hi, thanks for the quick response. Glad to hear I'm the only one. I hope it's an error on my end then

1. Yes, I've tested without the script running and I get no lag.

2. Omnisphere takes a bit longer, but the problem is consistent for all plugins. I can actually see the tick on the "bypass effect" for that plugin turn on, when I can use the plugin.

I'll keep you updated. I haven't noticed it in my other projects, but I might not have pushed them far enough to notice it.

I do wonder if it is a single plugin or track, that creates this problem... Or maybe something completely different. My tests results was fairly inconsistent after all.

Thanks again. Tell me if you need anything. I would be game for a Skype session with Teamviewer, if you would find it helpful or make your work easier.
Old 01-29-2019, 08:31 AM   #130
jamesd256

Just chiming in to say thanks ever so much for this work.

I also really appreciate the way you've been supporting people on this thread.

Just snagged me a broken BCR2000, and was looking around for...well, this actually. The magic of Reaper keeps on giving.

Hopefully I'll get her fixed up and will be doodling with 8 bands of eq with controller feedback in no time.

By the way, ChaosEngine also looks right up my street, so will be giving that a tinker too
jamesd256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 05:36 PM   #131
jamesd256

Hi,

Just giving this a go, not getting very far

I've installed Smart knobs and Stripper Lua Scrips, and the Faderbox JS plugin, and have my track named:__LBX_SKCTL as suggested. I also added Faderbox to the FX of my track

I'm not clear if I need to have stripper running. If not running, when hitting learn in Smart Knobs I get:

...es\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\Scripts\LBX_SRD_Smart Knobs.lua:1398: attempt to index a nil value (global 'FFX')

I can trigger Stripper (after installing the resources as directed by the error). I added a ReaEq strip to stripper, and this is controlling ReaEQ as expected.

Right clicking in smart knobs doesn't offer any param list like in your gif. Learn doesn't do anything

Once this is all working I think a howto is needed for noobs like me, which I will happily do.

Thanks!

Edit: OK. Read a bit more about Stripper...wow. I guess I didn't realise this is just a tiny extension of that. Need to keep working through the thread and vids on that now for a bit.

Last edited by jamesd256; 01-29-2019 at 05:51 PM.
Old 01-29-2019, 06:02 PM   #132
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesd256 View Post
Hi,

Just giving this a go, not getting very far

I've installed Smart knobs and Stripper Lua Scrips, and the Faderbox JS plugin, and have my track named:__LBX_SKCTL as suggested. I also added Faderbox to the FX of my track

I'm not clear if I need to have stripper running. If not running, when hitting learn in Smart Knobs I get:

...es\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\Scripts\LBX_SRD_Smart Knobs.lua:1398: attempt to index a nil value (global 'FFX')

I can trigger Stripper (after installing the resources as directed by the error). I added a ReaEq strip to stripper, and this is controlling ReaEQ as expected.

Right clicking in smart knobs doesn't offer any param list like in your gif. Learn doesn't do anything

Once this is all working I think a howto is needed for noobs like me, which I will happily do.

Thanks!
Hi James,

Stripper is entirely separate to Smart Knobs - so requires different setup for the faderbox track.

But what you've described is correct for the Smart Knobs script. Have to say - I don't use the Learn button - and it's not essential to get it working - but I think you're hitting Learn without there being a plugin focused (and have found a bug!).

Anyway - have you learned (using Reaper's MIDI Learn system) your controller to the faderbox sliders?

That's the first step - so open up the faderbox and MIDI Learn each slider in the faderbox to each encoder in your BCR.

Once this is done - save the Faderbox track as a track template - so you can easily recall it for other projects.

Now run the Smart Knobs script - focus a plugin - you should be able to click on a row in SK (Smart Knobs) - and get a dropdown containing all the available plugin parameters.

Select your required parameters accordingly and hit the SAVE button to save this setup for the plugin.

As long as your BCR controller (or any controller you've setup) has been correctly mapped to the faderbox - it should now control the mapped parameters for the plugin.

Let me know how you get on - it's been a long time since I've used the script - as I've been developing a v2 of the SK script for a while now. I'll be releasing v2 at some point - but it may not be for everyone as it has very specific setup requirements - which some people may not like.
Old 01-29-2019, 06:12 PM   #133
jamesd256

Thanks Leon, all clear, working now.

No feedback working, but there is something weird with my BCR, reported in another thread, so looking to understand that.

Mind blown tonight looking at all the options, need to digest it all, but perfectly willing to hack away until it's all to my liking, so looking forward to V2.

And Stripper...I had zero clue you could do that kind of GUI stuff. Must have taken some serious hours.

Shout over from Folkestone to Southampton, and good night
Old 01-29-2019, 06:20 PM   #134
lb0

Quote:
Thanks Leon, all clear, working now.

No feedback working, but there is something weird with my BCR, reported in another thread, so looking to understand that.

Mind blown tonight looking at all the options, need to digest it all, but perfectly willing to hack away until it's all to my liking, so looking forward to V2.

And Stripper...I had zero clue you could do that kind of GUI stuff. Must have taken some serious hours.

Shout over from Folkestone to Southampton, and good night
Aah - before I go to bed - for the feedback to work on the BCR - you'll need to set the encoders up to control CC's sequentially (eg CC0-31). Then select the faderbox to to output feedback to CCs 0-31.

But it will depend on this part of your BCR working of course.
Old 01-31-2019, 06:48 AM   #135
SebyMusic

Default Where to put LBX-FaderBox(32x)

I d'ont understand where to put that file, can you please give me the full path please?

tks
Seby
SebyMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 06:49 AM   #136
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebyMusic View Post
I d'ont understand where to put that file, can you please give me the full path please?

tks
Seby
It's a JSFX plugin - so it goes in your Reaper resources effects folder

eg.

/REAPER/Effects/LBX/
Old 01-31-2019, 06:53 AM   #137
jamesd256

Quote:

tks
Seby
It's a JS extension, so in your Reaper resource folder under 'Effects'

https://reaperblog.net/2015/06/quick...ll-js-plugins/

If you're familiar with actions, you can get the folder to pop up with: "Show REAPER’s resource path in explorer/finder"
Old 01-31-2019, 06:57 AM   #138
SebyMusic

Quote:
It's a JS extension, so in your Reaper resource folder under 'Effects'

https://reaperblog.net/2015/06/quick...ll-js-plugins/

If you're familiar with actions, you can get the folder to pop up with: "Show REAPER’s resource path in explorer/finder"
tks, working now
seby
Old 01-31-2019, 07:21 AM   #139
SebyMusic

Default Update feedback when TRACK is selected

Hi again, ok lets say I have my BCR2000 controller setup with 5 different plugins.
Then I have those 5 plugins inserted on 2 different tracks.
When I select the first track, is it possible to UPDATE the controller so I see the led showing me the status of each 5 plugins? And then, if I select the 2nd track, it should also UPDATE to show me the parameters of those plugins, but from the track 2.

tks
Seby

Update: so in other words, can we use the controller only by selecting the track we want instead of having to SEE the plugin open in reaper...

Last edited by SebyMusic; 01-31-2019 at 08:59 AM.
Old 01-31-2019, 07:29 AM   #140
SebyMusic

Quote:
Aah - before I go to bed - for the feedback to work on the BCR - you'll need to set the encoders up to control CC's sequentially (eg CC0-31). Then select the faderbox to to output feedback to CCs 0-31.

But it will depend on this part of your BCR working of course.
Hi, what do you mean exactly by:
you'll need to set the encoders up to control CC's sequentially (eg CC0-31)...

Not sure to understand or know how to do that with my BCR2000
Old 01-31-2019, 11:03 AM   #141
lb0

Quote:
Hi, what do you mean exactly by:
you'll need to set the encoders up to control CC's sequentially (eg CC0-31)...

Not sure to understand or know how to do that with my BCR2000
You can program each encoder on the BCR to output a specific CC. I cannot remember exactly how to do this as I loaned my BCR2000 to a mate about 10+ years ago and haven't seen it since :|

So top row - you'd set to CC0-7, 2nd row set to CC8-15 etc. All on same channel.

This will allow the feedback to send to the correct encoder.

Regarding your selected track plugin focus - I'll think on it but currently it's not possible - you need to focus a plugin.
Old 01-31-2019, 03:06 PM   #142
SebyMusic

Quote:
You can program each encoder on the BCR to output a specific CC. I cannot remember exactly how to do this as I loaned my BCR2000 to a mate about 10+ years ago and haven't seen it since :|

So top row - you'd set to CC0-7, 2nd row set to CC8-15 etc. All on same channel.

This will allow the feedback to send to the correct encoder.

Regarding your selected track plugin focus - I'll think on it but currently it's not possible - you need to focus a plugin.
Ok, tks for the answer, as for the feedback, I don't know why, but now it's working, but when I turn the knob on the BCR, the feedback is causing a midi feedback if I can say that. So If I try to turn it, it's becoming jumpy and back and forth.
Anything I can do?
Tks
Seby
Old 01-31-2019, 03:35 PM   #143
lb0

Quote:
Ok, tks for the answer, as for the feedback, I don't know why, but now it's working, but when I turn the knob on the BCR, the feedback is causing a midi feedback if I can say that. So If I try to turn it, it's becoming jumpy and back and forth.
Anything I can do?
Tks
Seby
I'm not sure what's going on here.

Encoders set to consecutive CC numbers (eg. 0-31)

Setup should be the BCR encoders learned to the faderbox sliders.
The (MIDI) output of the faderbox track sent to the BCR.

In Faderbox - feedback enabled. Set to feedback to the same CC's as encoders are producing (eg 0-31).

As I said - unfortunately - I no longer have access to my BCR2000 - but I'm pretty sure I've heard people having success with that controller and this script. Sending CC values to the controller should not result in the controller forwarding them back to the DAW (causing a feedback loop). EDIT: Can you set up another track to also receive the MIDI input from the BCR and monitor this input using the MIDI logger JSFX or similar. See if the MIDI received from the BCR is smooth or not?

Can you describe your routing to me exactly?
Old 01-31-2019, 07:38 PM   #144
SebyMusic

Quote:
I'm not sure what's going on here.

Encoders set to consecutive CC numbers (eg. 0-31)

Setup should be the BCR encoders learned to the faderbox sliders.
The (MIDI) output of the faderbox track sent to the BCR.

In Faderbox - feedback enabled. Set to feedback to the same CC's as encoders are producing (eg 0-31).

As I said - unfortunately - I no longer have access to my BCR2000 - but I'm pretty sure I've heard people having success with that controller and this script. Sending CC values to the controller should not result in the controller forwarding them back to the DAW (causing a feedback loop). EDIT: Can you set up another track to also receive the MIDI input from the BCR and monitor this input using the MIDI logger JSFX or similar. See if the MIDI received from the BCR is smooth or not?

Can you describe your routing to me exactly?
Hi, thanks again, I hope that can help you o help me, I have made a little video to show you.
tks
Seby
https://youtu.be/iyi_Bg5qdTM
Old 02-01-2019, 02:08 AM   #145
lb0

Quote:
Hi, thanks again, I hope that can help you o help me, I have made a little video to show you.
tks
Seby
https://youtu.be/iyi_Bg5qdTM
Hi, thanks for the vid - I can see something is wrong - not entirely sure what at the moment.

If you switch feedback off in Faderbox - does it still do it?

I won't be able to test anything here (I'll set one of my controllers to output CC's and test).

Is your BCR sending out 14bit CCs? or 7bit CCs? if 14bit - just try setting to 7bit and see if it still does it. I know you don't want to use 7bit when 14bit is availabl - but it will give me something to look into if it's just happening in 14bit mode.

Also - could you post a screen shot of a faderbox learned slider reaper learn window - so I know what type of relative mode is used and exactly how it is connected to the slider.
Old 02-01-2019, 06:04 AM   #146
SebyMusic

Quote:
Hi, thanks for the vid - I can see something is wrong - not entirely sure what at the moment.

If you switch feedback off in Faderbox - does it still do it?

I won't be able to test anything here (I'll set one of my controllers to output CC's and test).

Is your BCR sending out 14bit CCs? or 7bit CCs? if 14bit - just try setting to 7bit and see if it still does it. I know you don't want to use 7bit when 14bit is availabl - but it will give me something to look into if it's just happening in 14bit mode.

Also - could you post a screen shot of a faderbox learned slider reaper learn window - so I know what type of relative mode is used and exactly how it is connected to the slider.
Hi, yes, if feedback is set to NO, then no problem.
I'm set to Absolute.
I don't know if i'm 7 or 14 bits.

I had an Idea. Do you think there could be a switch to select a delay time for WHEN the feed back is sent back to the unit after last receive data. So let's say I move my encoder so the plugin does not send anything until the last data received but after a certain amount of time, like maybe 500ms for example. So that way it's like i'm on feedback OFF when it receive data.
What do you think?
tks
Seby
Old 02-01-2019, 06:19 AM   #147
ThrashJazzAssassin

Could it be related to what Garwyx is experiencing from post#311 in this thread? https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=178015&page=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garwyx View Post
By the way, control is not just slow, it also becomes jerky. I guess there is interference between the BCR's MIDI output and input.
Quote:
I realised that, in my case, it would suffice if feedback would be sent only when I change tracks. Would that be possible with ReaLearn (or in any other way?). I am pretty sure that will negate the jerky behaviour of the rotary encoders.
Quote:
Indeed. I found out that with the Behringer BCR2000 it is because the LED value is received from the potmeter itself, so it receives mixed signals when it gets turned but also receives MIDI feedback.
Quote:
The problem with the BCR is that the rotary encoders receive the LED status from the encoder themselves (I think I read that in the CSI topic). So if I turn the knob, it sends MIDI data to the plugin, but also to itself. Then when it also receives feedback from Reaper, these signals get mixed up, leading to slow and jerky response of the encoder.
Because I will not move the faders of the VST Plugins in the box but only on the BCR, I do not need constant feedback when plugin parameters are changed. It would suffice if feedback is only sent when I change tracks, so the BCR attains the correct setting.

I do not understand. I know which messages are being sent by deducing that the potmeters respond. So they are the same MIDI CC messages.

Last edited by ThrashJazzAssassin; 02-01-2019 at 06:24 AM.
ThrashJazzAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 06:23 AM   #148
SebyMusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashJazzAssassin View Post
Could it be related to what Garwyx is experiencing from post#311 in this thread? https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=178015&page=8
Yes I think it's the same thing, I had the same kind of problem with another controller I have build using realearn, but Hellgoboss never answer, so impossible to have update from him on that.

Seby
Old 02-01-2019, 06:58 AM   #149
lb0

Quote:
Yes I think it's the same thing, I had the same kind of problem with another controller I have build using realearn, but Hellgoboss never answer, so impossible to have update from him on that.

Seby
I think it might be related to 14bit CC's - but not sure.

The feedback provided by Faderbox is 7bit. If you have a 14bit setting the value which then gets truncated to 7bit and fed back - when you next move the encoder - it's value is different (rounded) so the value sent is not what you expect.

I saw this when developing v2 of the script (which deals with 14bit CC's as well as 7bit).

To either prove or disprove this possibility - can you set the encoder to output only 7bit CC values. (You may need to read the manual if you don't know how to do this - but it can be done).

https://media.music-group.com/media/...R2000_M_EN.pdf

page 15

Then if it still does it - it's not this.
Old 02-01-2019, 08:04 AM   #150
SebyMusic

Default This idea

Hi lb0, what do you think about my idea?

tks
Seby

reference...
I had an Idea. Do you think there could be a switch to select a delay time for WHEN the feed back is sent back to the unit after last receive data. So let's say I move my encoder so the plugin does not send anything until the last data received but after a certain amount of time, like maybe 500ms for example. So that way it's like i'm on feedback OFF when it receive data.
Old 02-01-2019, 08:08 AM   #151
lb0

Quote:
Hi lb0, what do you think about my idea?

tks
Seby

reference...
If the problem is 14bit to 7bit truncation - this will only partially fix the problem - and you'd still get a jump once feedback has been sent (when you subsequently move the encoder again). This is not preferable to any proper fix IMO.

EDIT: Thinking on this some more - this is prob. not the 14bit issue I have seen (which has similar consequences) - and yes - I think you're right that the feedback is probably not sent immediately enough - so the solution would be to simply not send feedback at all if the controller encoder is being moved. There are various ways I can adapt things to cope with this - so will look into when I get a moment.

v2 already works like this - it doesn't send feedback unless the assigned parameters are moved within the script or plugin.

Last edited by lb0; 02-01-2019 at 09:15 AM.
Old 02-01-2019, 09:23 AM   #152
SebyMusic

Quote:
If the problem is 14bit to 7bit truncation - this will only partially fix the problem - and you'd still get a jump once feedback has been sent (when you subsequently move the encoder again). This is not preferable to any proper fix IMO.

EDIT: Thinking on this some more - this is prob. not the 14bit issue I have seen (which has similar consequences) - and yes - I think you're right that the feedback is probably not sent immediately enough - so the solution would be to simply not send feedback at all if the controller encoder is being moved. There are various ways I can adapt things to cope with this - so will look into when I get a moment.

v2 already works like this - it doesn't send feedback unless the assigned parameters are moved within the script or plugin.
Hi, maybe my question was not clear, but I think it's possible to resolve the issue through mys suggestion. See my video and near the end I explain it better.
tks
Seby
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY37ps-Vdis
Old 02-01-2019, 09:37 AM   #153
lb0

Quote:
Hi, maybe my question was not clear, but I think it's possible to resolve the issue through mys suggestion. See my video and near the end I explain it better.
tks
Seby
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY37ps-Vdis
Yeah - I understand about delaying the feedback whilst the value is changing - which would work but make certain things (eg. feedback of automated parameters) less responsive (in fact would barely work at all).

I think the better solution would be to not send feedback at all when the encoder is changing anything.
Old 02-01-2019, 09:46 AM   #154
SebyMusic

Quote:
Yeah - I understand about delaying the feedback whilst the value is changing - which would work but make certain things (eg. feedback of automated parameters) less responsive (in fact would barely work at all).

I think the better solution would be to not send feedback at all when the encoder is changing anything.
This is exatly what I'm saying in the video. So it's like putting it to OFF
Old 02-01-2019, 01:24 PM   #155
SebyMusic

Quote:
do you think you could do that please?
tks
Seby
Old 02-01-2019, 03:04 PM   #156
lb0

Quote:
Aah - my apologies - I didn't see the second video - only the first.

I'll see what I can do
Old 02-01-2019, 03:22 PM   #157
SebyMusic

Quote:
Aah - my apologies - I didn't see the second video - only the first.

I'll see what I can do
Ok, thanks sir.
Seby
Old 02-01-2019, 04:18 PM   #158
lb0

Quote:
Ok, thanks sir.
Seby
Have emailed.
Old 02-13-2019, 08:40 AM   #159
SebyMusic

Default How to Add/Use multiple Controller?

Hi sir, how are you? Again, great work.
Ok, my BCR2000 is working great, but now I have another little controller that I want to use just for one plugin in particular. How can I achieve that?
I don't know how to configure it.

Tks for your help again and have a nice day.
Seby
Old 02-13-2019, 10:20 AM   #160
lb0

Quote:
Hi sir, how are you? Again, great work.
Ok, my BCR2000 is working great, but now I have another little controller that I want to use just for one plugin in particular. How can I achieve that?
I don't know how to configure it.

Tks for your help again and have a nice day.
Seby
Find some faders in faderbox that haven't been learned yet (or add another faderbox to the __LBX_SKCTL track).

Learn the unused sliders to the new controller controls.

When setting up the plugin - use the newly assigned faders.

That should do it.