Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-18-2023, 04:04 PM   #11
n997
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klangfarben View Post
[...] What were you doing previous to this pre when all the midi items were named "Untitled MIDI Item"?
I had/have this entry in the language file, which removes the "untitled MIDI item" and thusly allows for blank MIDI item names:
Code:
[item]
E57128C4770463B2=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klangfarben View Post
[...] If you don't like the names, just toggle off display of item names.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thonex View Post
[...]
n997 gave an example where blank item names are easier on the eyes. Again, my answer to that is SWS/BR: Options - Toggle "Display media item take name"
With that suggestion, I'd have to toggle item names all the time.
That would make my workflow worse than what I already have [in public releases], which is: possibility to have blank-named MIDI items by default, and naming some of them if/as needed.

Also, in general, what I'm trying to say is that we don't have to argue for "the one true way" here. In matters regarding personal workflows, might as well try to claim that some of us should change the way they hold eating utensils - or, perhaps, from which end to break an egg

REAPER being the most customizable closed-source DAW in existence, might be simpler to ask devs for an option to have both kinds of behaviors we've explained here..?
n997 is offline   Reply With Quote