Old 09-07-2019, 08:05 PM   #1
Mr. Green
Human being with feelings

Default AM_Clarity 1.5 HDPI Scalable Theme

I think I've been tweaking away on this theme long enough now.

This is a mod of MaXyM's MXM Scalable theme, which was fundamentally designed by Janne83 in their JanneV2Tinted theme.

While I ended up modifying or replacing many of the theme's assets, the general layout is still more-or-less the same as MaXyM/Janne83's, with a few minor tweaks of my own. One of particular significance is a visual "cue" design for the i/o routing window. I wanted something that I could glance at and know immediately if it was a bus, track, folder or whatnot without having to think about it. No labels - just an orange receptor for receives, a green arrow for sends, and a blue sideways "M" for master. Interestingly, I just recently observed the new Reaper 6 design has similar color code as well, so maybe I'm not so crazy to like it as much as I do. :-)

Another tweak is that I really like the folders to have high visibility only when in use, staying out of sight otherwise. Separators with this functionality work well at being just a separator, or a handy folder that can tuck away tracks with ease. They can also serve as busses and have a few vital track controls that will appear only when moused-over if they are expanded a bit in the TCP.

This is a "scalable" theme with 5 sizes to choose from. For this to be possible, you have to install all 5 versions into Reaper and then use the "Switch to next/previous color theme" action", typically assigned to the Ctrl/Alt/PageUp-Down keys to cycle between them. The sizes are 100%, 125%, 150%,175%, and 200%. Combined with the correct scaling settings on one's OS, this theme should work well with HDPI monitors.

Anyway, I'm enjoying using it, and since there are few "scalable" themes out there at the moment, thought I'd share it with you guys should anyone have a use for it.

Thanks to MaXyM, Janne83, and drakebloodmane (for that awesome pan design inspired by REABORN DRK PRO)

NOTE:Make sure to set under REAPER Preferences | General | Advanced UI/system tweaks... | HiDPI mode (Windows 7+) to "Multimonitor aware (experimental)

Edit: Updated to 1.4. Added better implementation of MaXiM's "Group Folder" feature in TCP track layout, which allows you to position a meter track next to a Pre-Fader-connected folder track and visually appear as a single track, useful for creating VCA folders with a vu meter output that remains unaltered by the folder track's fader movement.
More info here: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=219391

Download links:
100% https://stash.reaper.fm/theme/2369/A...ReaperThemeZip
125% https://stash.reaper.fm/theme/2370/A...ReaperThemeZip
150% https://stash.reaper.fm/theme/2371/A...ReaperThemeZip
175% https://stash.reaper.fm/theme/2372/A...ReaperThemeZip
200% https://stash.reaper.fm/theme/2373/A...ReaperThemeZip

100%

125%

150% (Tint track panel backgrounds > off)

175% (Tint track panel backgrounds > off)

200%

Last edited by Mr. Green; 09-11-2019 at 11:40 AM.
Mr. Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 07:18 AM   #2
andyp24

Hi,

Theme looks great, and have downloaded, but zip file is still called 1.3 not 1.4

Is it correct and just needs renaming, or is it the previous version?

Thanks
Andy
andyp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 11:06 PM   #3
Mr. Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyp24 View Post
Hi,

Theme looks great, and have downloaded, but zip file is still called 1.3 not 1.4

Is it correct and just needs renaming, or is it the previous version?

Thanks
Andy
Hey Andy. Yes - it is correct. My apologies for that; this is my first time uploading a theme and I didn't realize the site would not allow me to change the file name once it's put up. I'm about to upload a new version with a small tweak and will fix it then.
Old 09-10-2019, 11:21 PM   #4
RobertP

Thanks
I get a Bad Request on the 200% one

EDIT: tried again and ok!
Old 09-10-2019, 11:22 PM   #5
Mr. Green

Updated Theme to V1.5
-Slight shading to the MCP id# field for better visibility on non-tinted tracks.
Old 09-10-2019, 11:37 PM   #6
Mr. Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertP View Post
Thanks
I get a Bad Request on the 200% one

EDIT: tried again and ok!
Robert - if you end up needing the 125% theme, you might want to grab it again as it may have had an error in it that is fixed now.
Old 09-11-2019, 06:33 AM   #7
RobertP

No worries and thanks. I think I may have been on line at the time you were updating

Like it a lot by the way, although, and this is personal to my workflow, I would like to be able to drag the transport all the way down to cover the mixer...
Old 09-11-2019, 11:22 AM   #8
Mr. Green

Quote:
No worries and thanks. I think I may have been on line at the time you were updating

Like it a lot by the way, although, and this is personal to my workflow, I would like to be able to drag the transport all the way down to cover the mixer...
The transport should function the same as it does in Reaper's default theme, though I will mention that under Layouts/Transport, there is a "Centered" option that duplicates Reaper's default position as well.
Old 09-11-2019, 01:11 PM   #9
RobertP

Ah, erm, sorry, should have been clearer.
I mean, in my currant theme (which is no longer available) I can drag the bottom edge of the transport down which sort of squashes the mixer out of sight.
The transport remains the same height and is not affected in any way.

This allows me all the space for the arrange view.
I know about Ctrl 'M' but this just undocks the mixer and leaves other docked stuff showing - just my preference so no worries and
thanks for taking the time to respond.

I welcome what you have done in making it scaleable and retaining clarity.
I needed a darker theme than my current one - just had two eye ops which have left me with a few problems, hopefully in the short term.

Last edited by RobertP; 09-11-2019 at 01:18 PM.
RobertP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 01:56 PM   #10
Mr. Green

Quote:
Ah, erm, sorry, should have been clearer.
I mean, in my currant theme (which is no longer available) I can drag the bottom edge of the transport down which sort of squashes the mixer out of sight.
The transport remains the same height and is not affected in any way.

This allows me all the space for the arrange view.
I know about Ctrl 'M' but this just undocks the mixer and leaves other docked stuff showing - just my preference so no worries and
thanks for taking the time to respond.

I welcome what you have done in making it scaleable and retaining clarity.
I needed a darker theme than my current one - just had two eye ops which have left me with a few problems, hopefully in the short term.
I've never seen that! What theme was it?
Old 09-12-2019, 12:01 AM   #11
RobertP

This is where I go redfaced... I am not sure of the name. I had it so long with lots of minor tweaks and renamed it along the way...since Reaper V4 I think.
There are a few functions with no icons or don't exist as Reaper has changed somewhat which, together with my eye thing has prompted me to look for another theme.

I could zip it up and send you a link if you like?
Old 09-12-2019, 08:30 AM   #12
Mr. Green

Quote:
This is where I go redfaced... I am not sure of the name. I had it so long with lots of minor tweaks and renamed it along the way...since Reaper V4 I think.
There are a few functions with no icons or don't exist as Reaper has changed somewhat which, together with my eye thing has prompted me to look for another theme.

I could zip it up and send you a link if you like?
Sure if you don't mind. I'm just curious at this point. :-)
Old 09-12-2019, 10:42 AM   #13
RobertP

sent you a link via message here