Old 10-21-2017, 05:16 PM   #1
macker71165
Human being with feelings

Default zoom r16 .. help!!

hi all my name is tony and i have been using reaper for sometime! i have also been using the zoom r16 multitracker for a yr stand alone/ but have recently decided to use it has my audio interface and all works well if you record in input 1 into reaper i cant seem too get a sound inputted to reaper from any other input! even though i can hear it in my headphones including the inputs 5/6 which ave phantom power! all is well in input 1 guitar/ mic (non condenser) thanks in advance .... tony btw.. ( the manual is of no help on this subject)
macker71165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 08:51 PM   #2
foxAsteria

sounds like you need to specify the input range in preferences>audio>device.
Old 10-22-2017, 05:50 AM   #3
macker71165

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
sounds like you need to specify the input range in preferences>audio>device.
on the r16/or reaper?
Old 10-22-2017, 09:02 AM   #4
DVDdoug

A computer is better for mixing, but for recording there can be advantages to a stand-alone recorder (depending on your set-up what you're doing).

Things often "go wrong" with computers, especially if your computer isn't dedicated exclusively to audio use. i.e. Some settings can get messed-up during the day...

If you are recording live performances, I'd trust the Zoom more than I'd trust a computer. (In the studio there's more time to fix the computer.)

Can the Zoom record internally while being used as in interface at the same time?
DVDdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 10:46 AM   #5
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by macker71165 View Post
on the r16/or reaper?
foxAsteria is talking about the settings in Reaper where you can set an input/output range (from first to last available input/output).
More info in the User Guide chapter 1.12 (Setting up for Audio): https://www.reaper.fm/userguide.php

This post from another R16 related thread might also be helpful in general: https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...93&postcount=8

Last edited by solger; 10-22-2017 at 10:54 AM.
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 11:43 AM   #6
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by macker71165 View Post
hi all my name is tony and i have been using reaper for sometime! i have also been using the zoom r16 multitracker for a yr stand alone/ but have recently decided to use it has my audio interface and all works well if you record in input 1 into reaper i cant seem too get a sound inputted to reaper from any other input! even though i can hear it in my headphones including the inputs 5/6 which ave phantom power! all is well in input 1 guitar/ mic (non condenser) thanks in advance .... tony btw.. ( the manual is of no help on this subject)
What I think you're hearing is "Direct Monitoring", you'll need to set your earphones up so that they are connected to Reapers output.

Which interface do you have?
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 03:31 PM   #7
macker71165

all sorted thnx guys! just needed the inputs to be assigned too the corresponding 8 channels on the zoom! thnx again!