Old 05-16-2017, 04:02 AM   #1
mathewtaylor
Human being with feelings

Default InsertFx

Hi,

I have had a look around prior to posting and hopefully haven't missed a thread on what I'm asking.

I would like to utilise the InsertFX more on the way into Reaper. I completely get the benefits of applying plugins later and the way to properly gain stage on the way in, but this is purely workflow/commitment based.

I'm experimenting with the Arouser plugin at the moment which has no latency as well as sounding incredible. I have tracked vocals with hardware compression on the way in and am wanting to give that a go with this plugin on my next vocal session.

My questions are, aside from clipping on the way in, is there anything else i need to be aware of?
And, what does the "signal flow" look like within Reaper when utilising Insert FX?

Mat
mathewtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 04:30 AM   #2
DarkStar

Hello mathewtaylor and welcome to these forums. You'll find many helpful people here and a lot of useful information. Make sure that you:
What you need to do is load Arouser as an "Input FX". Then it will be applied to the audio before it is recorded into the Reaper track. Have a look at 3.26 in the User Guide. You can add other FX too, e.g. a volume control. Any issues would be the same as if Arouser were added as a "post-recording" Insert FX.
Old 05-19-2017, 07:23 AM   #3
DarkStar

... any news?