Old 02-02-2018, 03:31 PM   #681
_Stevie_
Human being with feelings

+1 on the MUTE SENDS and BYPASS FX
Old 03-08-2018, 07:18 AM   #682
phasewalker

Thumbs up ReaControl24 OSC client - feedback

Hi, I've implemented ReaControl24 using the OSC csurf plugin, and there were a few things that cropped up that I'd really love to see in there:
  • Project open / close signals: bracketing the group of OSC messages that result
  • Dump state: re-send the group of OSC messages similar to when a project opens
  • Echo capability: for some commands, enable an 'echo' message once the DAW confirms action has been taken place (specifically TRACK_VOLUME)
  • Arbitrary state: to enable state objects not specifically bound to an action, to keep the control surface 'dumb' as possible
  • Test panel: like the 'listen' dialog in reverse, allow a quick/easy send of an OSC message
  • Debug mode/feedback: when the Reaper.OSC file entries are incorrect, badly mapped etc. to have some feedback from the csurf of what is wrong e.g. Float parameter expected, got string; Action does not exist.
  • Midi style values: things like rotary centre begin 64 in a 1 byte value

That's all on top of my head for now. I must say Reaper.OSC has been great to work with, I'm really glad to have chosen it as a way forward for my project.
phasewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 08:36 AM   #683
Teddy

Hi, phasewalker

Great work on the ReaControl 24. I think you can do an OSC dump using the "Control surface: refresh all surfaces" action. Let me know if it works or not.
Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 04:52 AM   #684
vinx

Default vkb osc

Does someone here managed to get osc messages to trigger the virtual keyboard? (send midi note via osc)
I'm using touch osc, reaper is listening to the command as stated in the documentation but nothing happens.
vinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 01:15 PM   #685
azslow3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinx View Post
Does someone here managed to get osc messages to trigger the virtual keyboard? (send midi note via osc)
I'm using touch osc, reaper is listening to the command as stated in the documentation but nothing happens.
If you mean MIDI capability of TouchOSC... it is working throw different from "normal" OSC connection and requires original "MIDI Bridge Connection" daemon (theoretically it can work with other bridges, but practically I have got a feeling TouchOSC use non standard byte order when transferring MIDI over OSC).
azslow3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 03:47 AM   #686
vinx

No, I mean osc message triggering the virtual keyboard, reaper seems to allow it (see default osc configuration).
I have trouble using midibridge as I'm already using copperlan and it seems they're not compatible (midibridge is working only when I deactivate copperlan services).
Old 04-10-2018, 04:45 AM   #687
azslow3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinx View Post
No, I mean osc message triggering the virtual keyboard, reaper seems to allow it (see default osc configuration).
I have trouble using midibridge as I'm already using copperlan and it seems they're not compatible (midibridge is working only when I deactivate copperlan services).
That should work (I have not tested with TouchOSC, but with another OSC client).
Note that in this case the control should send:
/vkb_midi/0/note/64 100
To trigger note 64 on channel 0 with velocity 100. And then
/vkb_midi/0/note/64 0
So NOT what TouchOSC call "MIDI over OSC".
azslow3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 02:26 PM   #688
vinx

ok it is working: I had the velocity wrong, it was triggering between 0 and 1. Now with 0 to 127 that's fine.
Thanks!
Old 09-14-2018, 05:34 AM   #689
Gerrit

Default OSC bug: s/fxparam/@/value/str contains float instead of string value

The OSC feedback for plugin parameters contains a float value instead of a string value when the parameter is a continuous parameter. For discrete parameters the correct string value is sent.
Example for UAD EMT140 plugin:
Code:
	Plate		B
	Damping A	2.2 s
	Damping B	1.7 s
	Damping C	1.2 s
	EQ		Out
	LFreq		0.2200
	LGain		-8.5 dB
	HFreq		1.0000
	HGain		0.0 dB
	PreDly		0.1950
	ModRate		0.0000
	ModDepth	0.0000
	Width		1.0000
	WetSolo		Solo
	Mix		0.2474
	LowCut		M 90Hz
The feedback for FX_PARAM_NAME s/fxparam/@/name and FX_PARAM_VALUE s/fxparam/@/value/str is shown. All continuous parameters contain a float value with four decimal places instead of a string intended for presentation, all discrete parameters contain the correct string value. In the plugin parameter view the continuous parameters are displayed as a slider with a float value next to it, the discrete parameters are displayed as select controls containing string values.

This issue also affects (is related to) the display of the track controls:
EMT140param.png
All discrete parameters are displayed correct, all continuous parameters contain a float value where a string value should be displayed.
Gerrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 04:23 AM   #690
ke_

Default Relative encoders

I've found that rotary encoders (relative) are only supported for scrub and tempo. Is this correct? Could we please have OSC messages to increment and decrement fxparams using r/ rotary messages?
ke_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 11:46 AM   #691
dtsmarin

Default Add Color Support for OSC

I use Open Stage Control for a touchscreen mixer which works really well but I need some extra functionality to make it even more awesome.

I think a smart move would be to add a secondary track color option inside Reaper that uses Color HEX. Since Open Stage Control uses CSS this would make things far easier.
Add an OSC address with this color HEX value so that I can finally have track color in touch mixer.
dtsmarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 03:43 PM   #692
kovarny

Default Web interface

I have a bug in the web interface.
One track is active for recording, but it reports "no tracks are armed"

If I create 2 or more tracks this bug goes away. So I can't start recording with one track only.

...And сan anyone explain what function this button does??
kovarny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:07 AM   #693
supersg559

Default Control track VU via OSC

I have a feature request: I would like to be able to control track (and master) VU via the /track/@/vu OSC message. I have an outboard audio processor. It does it's calculations and manages audio outputs, but sends control and diagnostic (e.g. audio levels, vu information) back to Reaper. Reaper is doing some audio processing on some tracks (as per the usual usecase), and other tracks show information from, and allow the outboard audio processor to be controlled. clearly. Thank you.
supersg559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 03:12 AM   #694
ChuckkH

Default Send FX param name before value

Hi.
Interestingly, a search of the forums for the term "OSC" returned no posts at all, but I found this thread. I hope it's still active.

Problem: No matter how I alter the ReaperOSC file, the feedback message for LAST_TOUCHED_FX_PARAM_VALUE sends *before* LAST_TOUCHED_FX_PARAM_NAME, regardless of their order in the file. I'm trying to monitor which FX parameters are being changed, and finding out which parameter it is *after* the value makes things complicated. I'd have to add a delay to make sure it's the parameter I think it is, and when it happens for all those parameters to be moving all over the place in a complicated project, it will be impossible to know which is which.

AFAIK, OSC also actually allows for an arbitrary number of values to be included in one message, of arbitrary types. It could send an int, a string, and a float, one after the other, all in the same message. I'm not sure what the reasoning was behind sending exactly one value for each message, but to be able to do anything with these feedback messages, it'll be very, very complicated having just one piece of information at a time.
Still, if Reaper would at least send the name of the parameter before its value, I'd be grateful!

Thank you!
ChuckkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 04:47 AM   #695
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckkH View Post
Hi.
Interestingly, a search of the forums for the term "OSC" returned no posts at all,
The forum seach function is abysmal. E.g. it needs at least four letters for a search word.

Better use Google e.g. -> https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl...49:mlcbfn-mmvk

... and maybe -> https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=210446 might help.

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 02:48 AM   #696
lahayim

Default Cannot Find OSC config file

Hey all,

I cannot seem to find the default OSC pattern config file.

In the help page on reaper.fm: https://www.reaper.fm/sdk/osc/osc.ph...pattern_config
says the following
"To open the default pattern config file folder, select "open config directory" under "pattern config" in the OSC control surface settings dialog."

But I don't see this option anywhere in my OSC control surface settings dialog (see attachment).
I'm running Reaper 5.965 on OSX 10.12.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg osc-preferences.jpg (51.0 KB, 38 views)
lahayim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 02:53 AM   #697
lahayim

Default Overview of OSC messages sent out by Reaper?

Hey all,

I'm putting together a music setup using Reaper and SuperCollider together. But I'm struggling to find documentation on Reaper's OSC capabilities.

Especially, I want to find an overview of the OSC messages sent out BY Reaper. A few very useful output messages I'm looking for are:

* track names and positions at project initialization
* track names and positions when a track is moved to a new position
* messages sent by Reaper during playback when a timeline marker is reached

Does any of this sound possible, or am I barking up the wrong tree?

best,
J
lahayim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 09:04 AM   #698
ke_

On mac its accessed via Menu Bar, Options--->Show REAPER Resource Path. In the OSC folder you will find the Default OSC config. All of your ideas are possible, hopefully you will be able to figure it out by studying the config file.
ke_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 07:20 AM   #699
tydbowl

Default FW: Project Notes

It would be great if Reaper could sent Project Notes to a OSC device!
tydbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 06:04 AM   #700
netphreak

When switching fxparam bank, last value is not sent from Reaper. Let's say I have set DEVICE_FX_PARAM_COUNT 100:

/device/track/select i 3
/device/fx/select i 2
/device/fxparam/bank/+

The last line will make Reaper send:

100 x ****/name
100 x ****/value/str
99 x ****/value

Making fxparam bank switching useless.
netphreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 06:11 AM   #701
netphreak

Oh, and...

Why isn't "path" returned in OSC always full? I really can't see any reason to send relative paths from Reaper. Please:

/track/2/fx/1/fxparam/99/value/str
instead of
/fxparam/99/value/str

Last edited by netphreak; 07-22-2019 at 06:41 AM.
netphreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 01:30 PM   #702
musicbynumbers

Am I doing something wrong or is it insane trying to get the right OSC parameter to be the last thing the Learn "box" sees?

By this I mean, If I've got something crazy like a leapmotion sending out all fingers and positions all the time then trying to pick out one finger is torturous!

Same with Midi too!

Devs, Please let us input either OSC names or Midi names into the learn text box please!

Last edited by musicbynumbers; 07-30-2019 at 02:32 PM.
musicbynumbers is offline   Reply With Quote