Old 12-20-2018, 07:38 AM   #1
phildc
Human being with feelings

Default ARC 2.5 Crashes Reaper

This problem is not directly a Reaper problem as I am getting this situation in every DAW, however, Reaper is the only one that crashes 'properly' and therefore gives me some feedback as to what the problem may be. Hopefully somebody out there has some experience with this.

I have a new win10 pro machine and have insgalled all my software and VST's which all work apart from IK ARC 2.5. If I use the 32 bit version I get a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library R6025 pure virtual function call error. The plugin loads but there is no interface. If I use the 64 bit version I get an instant crash with the following output from the event log:

Faulting module name: mkl_intel_thread.dll, version: 10.2.2.1, time stamp: 0x4a97819a
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x00000000000023d8
Faulting process id: 0x1f68
Faulting application start time: 0x01d498063f25160b
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\REAPER (x64)\reaper.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\mkl_intel_thread.dll

I have installed / re-installed numerous times and also removed ALL visual c++ runtime libraries and installed latest versions

Not really sure where to go from here. This worked absolutely fine in my Win7 machine and all of this dll hell is way above my head. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks in anticipation
phildc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 09:37 AM   #2
phildc
Human being with feelings

I actually managed to fix this after finding a similar post from someone else having a similar issue with a different IK Multimedia product.

Simply disable Hyperthreading in the Bios.

Hours of stress....2 second fix!
phildc is offline   Reply With Quote