Old 01-31-2019, 05:49 AM   #1
TimU
Human being with feelings

Default JSFX midi bus support without coding

You should be able to choose the input and output midi busses for midi jsfx just like you can with vsts etc (by right clicking on the in/out button), if the effect has custom bus support in the code itself then this could be automatically disabled.

[EDIT] Wrongly said that audio jsfx allow the same midi bus routing workflow as vsts, any midi bus functionality seems to be something that is optional in all jsfx

Last edited by TimU; 01-31-2019 at 09:11 AM.
TimU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 08:23 AM   #2
EvilDragon

https://www.reaper.fm/sdk/js/midi.php#js_midi_bus

MIDI busses have been supported by JSFX for a long time now.
EvilDragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 09:09 AM   #3
TimU

I am well aware that jsfx support midi busses internally if they are coded with that support in mind, however I'm talking about the specific midi bus routing that you are able to do for vsts where they're blind to all the busses aside from the one you select as the midi input.

Even if someone implements support for midi busses in their jsfx the capability to choose a specific bus to process is still an optional feature. This regularly leaves me wanting to use jsfx on a bus other than 1 and not being able to, something that isn't an issue with vsts despite them being a 3rd party plugin format.

It seems weird that I'm not able to use a native plugin format because the integration with the host (from the user's point of view) is often less feature complete than for a 3rd party solution.
TimU is offline   Reply With Quote