Old 03-20-2018, 03:00 AM   #1
m1ck300668UK
Human being with feelings

Default hi, can anyone help

i'm paralysed on my left side because of a severe stroke (which should of killed me) but love playing fps games so basically only have one hand i can use now. What i'm wondering is would a gaming mouse be any good don't forget my left hand totally knackered.
What i was thinking my right could be used to replace my mouse look and my
it's hard to explain but i know what i mean, could i use the thumb grid for movement?.

Any help would very greatly appreciated thank you.
m1ck300668UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 03:18 AM   #2
Jason Lyon

My sympathies. But at least you're still here to receive them, right? That's the attitude.

There are some solutions available to map keyboard commands onto a foot pedal. Since the WASD stuff is about movement, pedalling might be a more physically intuitive way to go than thumb work on your "look and shoot" hand. You could then map other gaming controls typically assigned to the LH (weapon, spell, potion selection, etc) onto a thumb controller.

Worth a bit of research on pedals I reckon. Good luck and let me know how you get on.
Jason Lyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 03:44 AM   #3
m1ck300668UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Lyon View Post
My sympathies. But at least you're still here to receive them, right? That's the attitude.

There are some solutions available to map keyboard commands onto a foot pedal. Since the WASD stuff is about movement, pedalling might be a more physically intuitive way to go than thumb work on your "look and shoot" hand. You could then map other gaming controls typically assigned to the LH (weapon, spell, potion selection, etc) onto a thumb controller.

Worth a bit of research on pedals I reckon. Good luck and let me know how you get on.
i certainly will. thank you
m1ck300668UK is offline   Reply With Quote