Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Music/Collaboration Discussion

Old 01-01-2018, 06:33 AM   #1
NowoTone
Human being with feelings

Default New release: 1 rock album & 1 acoustic EP recorded & mixed with Reaper

My virtual band project Growing Old Disgracefully, on which some of you played, wasn't progressing and I had some time available for other musical endeavours. So I decided to quickly record some old songs of mine, while I waited for the final G-O-D tracks to arrive.

These songs are favourites of mine to which I return again and again and finally wanted to record them in the way I always felt they really sound, thanks to Reaper & modern recording technology. Which is also why the release took much longer than anticipated! Apart from life getting in the way of making music, fiddling with sounds and putting in yet another track got very much in the way of finishing the project.

Anyway, here it is and I would very much like to hear feedback:
https://nowo.bandcamp.com/album/ancient-gems

Another thing that got in the way of finishing the project was caused a bit of a sonic accident ...
While doing the final mixes, I had the feeling that on "Kristallpalast" the frequencies of the piano and the vocals clashed in one part. So I muted everything else and didn't just find out that the frequency clash must have been caused by something else, but that I really liked the stripped down version of the song. So I worked on some of the other songs as well. Not just muting (even on Kristallpalast), but using different Piano sounds, in some cases treating them quite heavily, and adding a little bit of acoustic guitar.

The result is this EP, any feedback is again appreciated:
https://nowo.bandcamp.com/album/acient-gems-acoustic

Both albums are currently free to download if you're interested.

And my resolution for 2018 is to finally finish the Growing Old Disgracefully album! Any collaborators, especially singers, still welcome!

Happy New Year everyone!