Old 09-18-2016, 05:19 AM   #721
SEA
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinke View Post
The touch messages of the fader are supported, but not used to select a track.
Can this be customized using a command button on the X Touch like switching the mode of the X Touch? If not I understand.

Also, what about the channel button and the Fader bank button on the X Touch? When you scroll through the channels can you set it up so Reaper will follow it visually?

Currently I am using my keyboard short cut to do this by selecting Ctrl+Alt then using the up and down arrows to scroll through the tracks.

Thanks!

http://www.facebook.com/jamieseamusic

Last edited by SEA; 09-18-2016 at 07:27 AM.
SEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 03:11 PM   #722
Klinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEA View Post
Can this be customized using a command button on the X Touch like switching the mode of the X Touch? If not I understand.
You ask if it would be possible to implement this? Yes, this should be possible, but I do not plan to do this.

Quote:
Also, what about the channel button and the Fader bank button on the X Touch? When you scroll through the channels can you set it up so Reaper will follow it visually?
I only know how to hide/show tracks, and it exist a feature, that the shown tracks in the TCP and/or MCP will be adjusted to the channels shown on the X Touch (see section 7.1.7. in the manual).
Klinke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 04:04 PM   #723
Ad0

Quote:
You ask if it would be possible to implement this? Yes, this should be possible, but I do not plan to do this.
I had the audacity to modify it locally. it works by doing it in PanMode::faderTouched based on another option called Track Touch under the 4th slot in OPTION.
Ad0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 05:29 PM   #724
SEA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ad0 View Post
I had the audacity to modify it locally. it works by doing it in PanMode::faderTouched based on another option called Track Touch under the 4th slot in OPTION.
It works great too!

Old 10-28-2016, 02:52 PM   #725
Monroy

Klinke, great job!

But... is problem with one little thing I don't know why isn't implement.

So, would be great pan to CENTER just when I push pot on selected track.
Monroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 11:34 AM   #726
DrFrankencopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroy View Post
Klinke, great job!

But... is problem with one little thing I don't know why isn't implement.

Or cycle through Left-Center-Right with each press.

Cheers

Kris
DrFrankencopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 02:55 PM   #727
nightscope

Quote:
You already got this. Reaper has 4 actions:-

1. Pan selected tracks to center.
2. Pan selected tracks to left.
3. Pan selected tracks right.
4. Reset volume and pan of selected tracks.

Any of these can be assigned to V-pot pushes or turns in Action Mode with the MCU.

ns
nightscope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 01:42 AM   #728
Monroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightscope View Post
You already got this. Reaper has 4 actions:-

1. Pan selected tracks to center.
2. Pan selected tracks to left.
3. Pan selected tracks right.
4. Reset volume and pan of selected tracks.

Any of these can be assigned to V-pot pushes or turns in Action Mode with the MCU.

ns
Thx, I will try this, but now I've got much more serious problem.

I have Alesis MIDI-to-USB cable and Klinke is set with Reaper in control surface. Unfortunately on LCD screen in MCU I see just "REAPER! Initializing..." and that's all. Transport works fine, I can play, stop and other things, but LCD display shows strange signs
Old 10-30-2016, 01:50 AM   #729
nightscope

Quote:
more serious problem.
Has it ever worked correctly before? Does it display correctly with Reaper's native MCU setup?

ns
Old 10-30-2016, 03:13 AM   #730
Monroy

Quote:
Has it ever worked correctly before? Does it display correctly with Reaper's native MCU setup?

ns
Yes, worked correctly before through Yamaha 01x MIDI. Also, which little strange, MCU with Alesis MIDI-USB cable work correct on Virtualbox when USB (in Virtualbox settings) is set to "EHCI Controller". When switch to "xHCI Controller" MCU LCD show strange signs.

So, probably this Alesis MIDI-USB cable is not working propertly with MCU.
Old 10-30-2016, 03:29 AM   #731
nightscope

Quote:
Yes, worked correctly before through Yamaha 01x MIDI. Also, which little strange, MCU with Alesis MIDI-USB cable work correct on Virtualbox when USB (in Virtualbox settings) is set to "EHCI Controller". When switch to "xHCI Controller" MCU LCD show strange signs.

So, probably this Alesis MIDI-USB cable is not working propertly with MCU.
OK. So the MCU has no USB out. I just go straight USB out on MCU > USB in on my computer. I don't know anything about Virtualbox, don't even know what it is. Can't help, sorry.

Battle on.

ns
Old 10-30-2016, 05:01 AM   #732
Monroy

Quote:
OK. So the MCU has no USB out. I just go straight USB out on MCU > USB in on my computer.
Yes, because you have MCU Pro (white top cover) which has USB out. I have older version - https://i.imgur.com/WAjMDoH.jpg

Couple more info:
- Windows 7 64 bit
- MCU firmware version: 2.1.2
Old 10-30-2016, 06:59 AM   #733
nightscope

I did a quickie search for Alesis USB Midi Cable + MCU not working. Top of the list was this thread.

This one recommends checking the device manager and Mid Ox to see what's coming into the box. Different issue though.

http://community.alesis.com/alesis/t...g-on-windows-7

You might try getting a midi only midi cable, like a m-audio uno, and see what happens. 30 day send it back deal if you don't want it.

Are you getting feedback to the MCU on the faders, pots and the rest from Reaper. Tweak a fader in Reaper and the MCU fader moves?

ns
Old 10-30-2016, 08:20 AM   #734
Monroy

Quote:
Are you getting feedback to the MCU on the faders, pots and the rest from Reaper. Tweak a fader in Reaper and the MCU fader moves?
When MCU goes through Yamaha 01x MIDI, all working fine.
When MCU goes via Alesis USB>MIDI Cable is many problems. First LCD which show strange signs, then led's on vpots - sometimes are, sometimes not, faders working, transport working, solo, mute, rec too.

I will change USB-MIDI Cable and will see then.
Old 11-02-2016, 07:51 AM   #735
SEA

Is there a way to load a saved preset in the MCU Editor? I have the X Touch faders working with VSTi synths but when I start a new project I have to assign the faders and V Pots all over again.

Tips?

Thanks!

Old 11-02-2016, 08:45 AM   #736
Klinke

The preset is loaded automatically when the name of the preset is a substring of the name of the FX (as shown in Reaper, so you can modify the name in the FX dialog to match the preset name). Check the second half of page 16 for more details.

But it's not possible to load a map manually via a file dialog.
Old 11-03-2016, 06:59 AM   #737
SEA

So I set up 2 different MCU Templates for Synth Anthology 2. How do I switch between the 2 mappings?

I don't see a load on the MCU Editor only save.

Also, how do I delete a MCU Editor User-Maps? I did a search and found the folder containing the User-Maps.
I deleting the one I don't want but when I open up a new project it loads the one I deleted!

Thanks

Last edited by SEA; 11-03-2016 at 07:05 AM.
Old 11-03-2016, 07:15 AM   #738
Klinke

Quote:
So I set up 2 different MCU Templates for Synth Anthology 2. How do I switch between the 2 mappings?

I don't see a load on the MCU Editor only save.

Also, how do I delete a MCU Editor User-Maps? I did a search and found the folder containing the User-Maps.
I deleting the one I don't want but when I open up a new project it loads the one I deleted!

Thanks
Did you saw the Screencast how I setup different Ensembles for Reaktor (there is a link in the manual)? I don't know Synth Anthology, but I expect that the solution can be transfered. In short: The idea is to create a FX chain that only contain one FX (Synth Anthology for this case). Then give Synth Anthology a different name in the FX slot. Create the User-Map and store it with the same name. Save the FX chain.

If you now want to use Synth Anthology with this map, don't insert Synth Anthology itself, but the created FX chain instead.
Old 11-03-2016, 07:18 AM   #739
SEA

Quote:
Did you saw the Screencast how I setup different Ensembles for Reaktor (there is a link in the manual)? I don't know Synth Anthology, but I expect that the solution can be transfered. In short: The idea is to create a FX chain that only contain one FX (Synth Anthology for this case). Then give Synth Anthology a different name in the FX slot. Create the User-Map and store it with the same name. Save the FX chain.

If you now want to use Synth Anthology with this map, don't insert Synth Anthology itself, but the created FX chain instead.
Thanks Klinke!

The illustration I saw was this one

http://www.screencast.com/users/Klin...4-9881626c2037

I'll keep working at it

Old 11-03-2016, 11:21 AM   #740
SEA

Quote:
Did you saw the Screencast how I setup different Ensembles for Reaktor (there is a link in the manual)?
I think I got this now. Seems to have worked. I checked out the Reaktor Screenshot and changed the name of UVI Workstation to Synth Anthology 2 and then MCU Editor filled the name in.

Once I did it for one patch I just changed patches without having to remap it again and saved them as track templates.

Old 11-04-2016, 06:09 PM   #741
SEA

Default X Touch Not Responding When Hiding Envelopes

I have the X Touch set to TOUCH and the envelopes lanes are showing. All is good and I can control my synth.

However, when I HIDE the envelopes then my X Touch will stay fixed and not move freely.

Is there a way to hide the lanes and still use the faders freely?

Thanks!

Old 11-05-2016, 03:27 AM   #742
Monroy

I have couple suggestions to MCU Klinke:

1. As mentioned before, in "pan/surround mode" push VPOT making pan center.
2. Arrows "up" and "down" (beside zoom button) making "go to next/previous track"
3. When "nudge" is selected (green light on) you can customize (overwrite) all MCU buttons to assign any Acion to them.

And would be great to have something like this:
E.g: Mouse click on track 17 moves MCU to "area" where this track is. In other words: Mouse click on track e.g 17 equals track 17 on first position on MCU.

Last edited by Monroy; 11-09-2016 at 01:50 PM.
Old 11-05-2016, 04:54 AM   #743
Sugee

Quote:

2. Arrows "up" and "down" (beside zoom button) making "go to next/previous track"
3. When "nudge" is selected (green light on) you can customize (overwrite) all MCU buttons to assign any Acion to them.

And would be great to have something like this:
E.g: Mouse click on track 17 moves MCU to "area" where this track is. In other words: Mouse click on track e.g 17 equals track 17 on first position on MCU.
You can customize every button somehow with virtual MIDI driver,I asked for help in another topic but still no answer.I hope somebody will help and I can do my own layout.
Sugee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 05:08 AM   #744
Monroy

Someone know how to set MCU Editor for Scuffham S-Gear to change presets by turning vpot's ?
Old 11-08-2016, 05:51 AM   #745
nightscope

Quote:
Someone know how to set MCU Editor for Scuffham S-Gear to change presets by turning vpot's ?
Yes. What can't you figure out?

ns
Old 11-08-2016, 06:24 AM   #746
Monroy

Quote:
Yes. What can't you figure out?
After open MCU Editor when s-gear is loaded on track, I click "clear" and "learn" in Editor, then click in "Vpot" area and press "preset up" in s-gear. I see red info in MCU Editor with "0121". And what next? If I unmark "learn" nothing happen in s-gear.
Old 11-08-2016, 06:51 AM   #747
nightscope

Quote:
After open MCU Editor when s-gear is loaded on track, I click "clear" and "learn" in Editor, then click in "Vpot" area and press "preset up" in s-gear.
Great. That's perfect.

Quote:
I see red info in MCU Editor with "0121". And what next? If I unmark "learn" nothing happen in s-gear.
OK. So you got your V-pot assigned to UP. Now just stick the editor in LEARN again, and click through all the presets one by one in Scuffham. All two hundred of them. Make sure you don't touch any other V-pot or fader whilst doing this. You'll see them coming up as you click in the Editor V-pot section. Actually you'll only be able to assign 127, that's the limit of midi on the V-pots. So you'll have to assign more than one V-pot to get at all 200 pres.

But, another option is to use a fader/s for the presets, much bigger resolution as it doesn't have the 127 limitation. You won't have to do any "learning". Just find the pres UP & DOWN parameters in the Editor list, assign to fader/s and you're done. Plus grabbing a fader and whizzing through the pres will be much faster and less tiresome than turning V-pots. You can stick the pres controls in a separate Bank, wherever you like.

ns
Old 11-08-2016, 09:38 AM   #748
Monroy

Quote:
Great. That's perfect.
OK. So you got your V-pot assigned to UP. Now just stick the editor in LEARN again, and click through all the presets one by one in Scuffham. All two hundred of them. Make sure you don't touch any other V-pot or fader whilst doing this. You'll see them coming up as you click in the Editor V-pot section. Actually you'll only be able to assign 127, that's the limit of midi on the V-pots. So you'll have to assign more than one V-pot to get at all 200 pres.
This working fine for example with gain, presence or bass. But how to change AMP model or preset number with this method?
Old 11-08-2016, 11:22 AM   #749
nightscope

Quote:
This working fine for example with gain, presence or bass. But how to change AMP model or preset number with this method?
I can now reveal I don't have Scuffham. I just peaked at the manual on your behalf. However, all VST/VSTi's work exactly the same, this is my experience from using loads of VST/VSTi's with Klinke's Plugin Editor over many, many years. They all work exactly the same way, there are no exceptions.

Here are the rules:-

1. For any parameter to be available in the Plugin Editor lists for faders and V-pots, the VST developer must have written them into the plugin as automatable parameters.

2. Not everything you see and can click on in a plugin's GUI has necessarily been written into the plugin as an automatable parameter. It varys with the VST devleloper. For example, Fabfilter plugins. They all have a couple of little arrows in their GUI's to go sequentially though the presets. However, they are not exposed as VST parameters because Fabfilter did not write them in the plugs as such, so you can't get at them with a midi controller. They wrote them into the GUI's functionality only. Anything that is in Scuffham as a VST paraeter can be edited and used with Klinke's setup. If you can see them in the lists, then you can use them. if they aren't there, in the lists it means Scuffham didn't write them as VST parameters.

If the Amp model has a VST parameter you can use it. If not you can't. Pres are changed with UP & DOWN.

ns
Old 11-08-2016, 01:40 PM   #750
Monroy

MCU plugin editor has the same list of parameters which are avaiable when UI is off in plugin window. I don't see something like "preset up" or "preset down" there
Old 11-09-2016, 01:55 PM   #751
Monroy

I wrote in post #746 that would be great to have follow option. I found this in 2nd option (with shit+option) as "follow reaper on".

BTW: When I open project, also FX window is open. It doesn't help close all FX windows before save project. Always FX window appear when I open last project.
Old 11-10-2016, 08:37 AM   #752
Klinke

Quote:
1. It's likely that I will implement this in the next update (but currently I do not plan to work on an update :-( ).
2. I think this is already implemented (but not documented), but can not test this as I'm currently in vacation. As far as I remember, pressing the zoom button switch from a mode where the arrow buttons are used for zoom in/out and a mode where the up/down buttons are used to select tracks.
3. I still hope that I will find some day some time to implement a real nudge functionality (as I also still hope to implement other features for the unused buttons).
Old 11-10-2016, 08:42 AM   #753
Klinke

Quote:
BTW: When I open project, also FX window is open. It doesn't help close all FX windows before save project. Always FX window appear when I open last project.
Do you have changed the "GUI follow" Option in Plug-Mode to "open floating" or "open chain"?
Old 11-10-2016, 01:55 PM   #754
Monroy

Quote:
2. I think this is already implemented (but not documented), but can not test this as I'm currently in vacation. As far as I remember, pressing the zoom button switch from a mode where the arrow buttons are used for zoom in/out and a mode where the up/down buttons are used to select tracks.
If you find some time check this, please. Arrow up/down scrool all page up and down, but not for select track up/down, even with shift or control button.

Quote:
Do you have changed the "GUI follow" Option in Plug-Mode to "open floating" or "open chain"?
Yes, I have "open floating" set. If I set "open chain" is the same situation after opening project - FX chain window is open instead "floating window".
Old 11-13-2016, 03:58 PM   #755
Monroy

Is problem with VCA's muting and solo.
For example:

I make 1 track as VCA master (e.g. group 1) and 4 tracks as VCA slave (group 1 too). In grouping settings VCA master and VCA slave has solo and mute box selected. Unfortunately when I "select" VCA Master on MCU and hit solo or mute on MCU surface, just VCA master will be S or M. If I make the same but via mouse in Reaper, all tracks from group will mute or solo.
In other words - S or M by MCU not working for group, but S or M by mouse is working.
Old 11-20-2016, 03:32 PM   #756
Klinke

Quote:
Is problem with VCA's muting and solo.
For example:

I make 1 track as VCA master (e.g. group 1) and 4 tracks as VCA slave (group 1 too). In grouping settings VCA master and VCA slave has solo and mute box selected. Unfortunately when I "select" VCA Master on MCU and hit solo or mute on MCU surface, just VCA master will be S or M. If I make the same but via mouse in Reaper, all tracks from group will mute or solo.
In other words - S or M by MCU not working for group, but S or M by mouse is working.
I have added this to the issue tracker (and also as an enhancement the possibility to use shift-arrow up/down to select the previous/next track, you are right that the buttons are currently only used for scrolling and zooming)
Old 11-21-2016, 01:01 AM   #757
Monroy

Quote:
I have added this to the issue tracker (and also as an enhancement the possibility to use shift-arrow up/down to select the previous/next track, you are right that the buttons are currently only used for scrolling and zooming)
Thanks!

Could you think about adding that feature:

- When I switch to mikser (Ctrl+M or button from MCU) LCD display show only mikser tracks. When I switch back to TCP, LCD shows only tracks from TCP.

[EDIT]
- is little problem when I tick "flush on stop" in playback settings. After this e.g double hit stop doesn't set the EditCursor to the nearest bar.
- also sometimes I have strange characters on LCD like on image below:

Last edited by Monroy; 11-23-2016 at 03:25 PM.
Old 11-25-2016, 03:33 PM   #758
Monroy

Sorry for making many posts, but MCU with Klinke is the best solution for me and I would like to have best one

I have "Adjust Mixer" set to "Hide non MCU". Is very handy because MIXER window (Ctrl+M) show only "root tracks" or "children tracks" (hold SELECT 1 second).

But problem is, because MIXER window show only 8 tracks. So, when I have root track with e.g. 12 tracks, I need to hit "channel button < >" to see other tracks in MIXER window.

Can you improve Klinke to have all children tracks visible in MIXER window, not just 8 tracks?
Old 02-24-2017, 01:15 PM   #759
SEA

How do you load and edit your MCU Editor Setups? When I want to save over and existing setup like my UVS-3200 synth form UVI, it doesn't let me. I have to change the name completely and save as another MCU Edited setup (or whatever you call it).

I also can't save it as UVI-3200-2 or any name like it like UVI or 3200, since UVI and 3200 is in the original setup. I had to redo it and save it as Thirty Two Hundred so there was no "Conflicts".

Is there a way to simply delete the old version or save/edit over the old version? If so, where do you go to delete it or how can you save/edit over it?

Thanks!

Last edited by SEA; 02-24-2017 at 01:28 PM.
Old 02-24-2017, 03:57 PM   #760
SEA

Default Why Doesn't The MCU Editor Remember BANK 2 Fader Settings?

I set up Bank 1 and 2 in Reaper using the X TOUCH. Each BANK has 8 sliders assigned.

However, Bank 2 (which uses faders 9 through 16) didn't remember the settings when assigned them in my VSTi Synth.

When I set it up, it worked great till I closed Reaper and opened the project again. The settings for Faders 1-8 were still there but not 9-16.

How do I get my settings to stay in Faders 9-16 without reconfiguring every time?

Thanks!