Old 05-02-2023, 07:49 AM   #1
krahosk
Human being with feelings

Default MIDI Editor

When you guys maximize the MIDI Editor, does it expand only to the limit of the top border of the OS's task bar, whether it is hidden or not?

Last edited by krahosk; 05-02-2023 at 08:05 AM.
krahosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 03:27 PM   #2
krahosk

Sorry, French is my mother tongue. Maybe the correct term would by when we "undock" the MIDI Editor, does the Linux taskbar still occupy the bottom part of the screen for you guys, even when it's set to "not visible"?

Merci.
Old 05-04-2023, 05:30 AM   #3
krahosk

My desktop is KDE. Although Reaper's main window is not hindered by the taskbar when the latter is invisible, any maximized undocked window (MIDI Editor, Mixer, etc) doesn't have the same privileged.

When F11 (full-screen) is enabled, an "always visible" taskbar disappears on the main Reaper window but as an ghost that occupies its space when I undock maximized windows .

I have tried on Gnome yesterday, and have the same thing.
Old 05-04-2023, 06:41 AM   #4
Xasman

Quote:
Originally Posted by krahosk View Post
My desktop is KDE. Although Reaper's main window is not hindered by the taskbar when the latter is invisible, any maximized undocked window (MIDI Editor, Mixer, etc) doesn't have the same privileged.

When F11 (full-screen) is enabled, an "always visible" taskbar disappears on the main Reaper window but as an ghost that occupies its space when I undock maximized windows .

I have tried on Gnome yesterday, and have the same thing.
Here on Manjaro KDE Plasma, when opening an undocked MIDI window and maximising it, the hidden taskbar (when set to Auto Hide) reappears. However, subsequently left-clicking the top bar of the MIDI window and then F11, the MIDI window resizes to full screen (covering the taskbar space) and the taskbar auto-hides.
Xasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 06:31 AM   #5
DuX

Here, with Debian Mate DE, using Metacity (Gnome's WM) instead of Marco WM (MATE) it's working as expected, too. It works the same when I change to MATE's Marco WM.

Reaper can get complicated quickly when you start playing with docking windows. It must be that you missed a "tick" somewhere. I've been playing with docking some windows recently and frankly it is a mess and quite easy to miss that checkmark ("tick") somewhere and get "unpredictable" behaviour, but Reaper just follows what's ticked or not, somewhere far away, in a distant checkmark-land. I would advise people not to go there.

What I'm trying to point out is that something is most probably docked there in that seemingly empty space. Look for it and you shall find it.

Last edited by DuX; 05-05-2023 at 06:37 AM.
DuX is offline   Reply With Quote