Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Linux

Old 08-08-2018, 01:54 PM   #1
Jack Winter
Human being with feelings

Default REAPER for Linux bugs

Please post bugs that you think are related to running REAPER on Linux in this thread.

Edit: I've unstuck the thread. Not sure what would be the best place to post bugs. Either post in this thread, in a separate post, or if you think it's really a REAPER bug, then in the Bug Reports forum.
Reaper for Linux Documentation (WIP). Software: Archlinux/KDE, Fabfilter FX, Komplete 8, Nebula, Schwa/Stillwell, T-racks Max/Amplitube/SVX, etc. Gear: i7-2600k/4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, Genelec 8040, etc. :)

Last edited by Jack Winter; 04-29-2020 at 04:21 PM.
Jack Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 09:25 AM   #2
Glennbo

The wet/dry sliders and highlights for them seem to be offset to the right in ReaComp.

Edit: This is on Xubuntu XFCE with an nVidia GPU.

Last edited by Glennbo; 10-22-2018 at 04:14 PM.
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 09:29 AM   #3
Andrew479

No such issue on my arm install:
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot 2018-08-09 at 6.31.02 PM.png (55.5 KB, 4089 views)
Andrew479 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 10:16 AM   #4
Jack Winter

Maybe themeing? Mine looks more or less ok too

Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot_20180809_191251.png (43.9 KB, 3972 views)
Reaper for Linux Documentation (WIP). Software: Archlinux/KDE, Fabfilter FX, Komplete 8, Nebula, Schwa/Stillwell, T-racks Max/Amplitube/SVX, etc. Gear: i7-2600k/4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, Genelec 8040, etc. :)
Old 08-09-2018, 10:29 AM   #5
Glennbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Winter View Post
Maybe themeing? Mine looks more or less ok too
It does appear to be theme related.

When I choose the stock theme, the fader handles are now in line, but overlaying large empty white vertical rectangles.

Choosing the 4.0 theme makes mine look like your screen shot. My normal theme is LCS Short Dark, which uses mostly UI bits from Imperial.

Last edited by Glennbo; 10-22-2018 at 04:14 PM.
Old 08-10-2018, 07:00 AM   #6
kytdkut

Not a bug, but I dont think this ruler font is configurable. It does not follow any font setting anywhere (theme tweak tool, libSwell.colortheme)

The small number is fine, also it's not theme related.

Anyone having this issue?

(obv a small thing, but it triggers my brain :P)
Attached Images
File Type: png screenshot-222_18_10_55.png (5.5 KB, 3865 views)
kytdkut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 08:46 AM   #7
shosty

The theming seems to have gone a little weird in 5.94, buttons look flat and you can't see which is selected, like this with the band tabs:

shosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 01:11 AM   #8
Tobbe

Default Auto Color Icon Layout

Hi,

Strange thing in Extensions/Auto Color/Icon/Layout. I have tracks in different colors and MCP Layouts. When I type in right MCP Layout the same string ends up in Icon column and the one in MCP dissapears, you need to doubleclick to see it again.

Using Commala theme, tried default same thing

On instrument tracks I have white faders
On bus and effect tracks I have blue faders

Deleteing in Icon column doesn't work. I have to remove the whole thing.

It works but I thought I should mention it

Attached screendump, couldn't get it to show both columns.

Reaper 5.941
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled.png (5.1 KB, 485 views)
Old 08-11-2018, 08:09 AM   #9
Jack Winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppelganger View Post
alt+click on effects in mixer doesn't work, can delete effect only from right click menu,
That would have to do with your windows manager. By default it uses alt-click to move windows. On kde I replaced the default for moving windows with logo-click, which makes all alt-click work in reaper. There might be other shortcuts eaten by the WM/DE, so it might need some customization.. How to do so, would depend on what you are using.
Old 08-11-2018, 07:01 PM   #10
lucas_LCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennbo View Post
The wet/dry sliders and highlights for them seem to be offset to the right in ReaComp.

Edit: This is on Xubuntu XFCE with an nVidia GPU.

looks like the fader section is being widened in Linux for some reason.
Look at the Threshold fader and you can see it has some of the same issue.
Looking at the other examples it is clear that the fader background is being stretched, but in a passable way.
This appears to be due the way the Linux version renders this part of the theme.
If it's not possible to fix in Reaper, then it may be possible to make a work-around with a different background.
These vertical faders would also need to be changed.
I'll see what I can do.
It may take a while, since I'll need to set up a Linux/Reaper install to make and test it.
lucas_LCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 07:51 PM   #11
Glennbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas_LCS View Post
looks like the fader section is being widened in Linux for some reason.
Look at the Threshold fader and you can see it has some of the same issue.
Looking at the other examples it is clear that the fader background is being stretched, but in a passable way.
This appears to be due the way the Linux version renders this part of the theme.
If it's not possible to fix in Reaper, then it may be possible to make a work-around with a different background.
These vertical faders would also need to be changed.
I'll see what I can do.
It may take a while, since I'll need to set up a Linux/Reaper install to make and test it.
The stock default theme is kind of messed up too. It's missing the graphic slot on all faders, plus other UI elements, but the older 4.0 theme looks totally lined up with nothing missing or mis-aligned.

Makes me think there may be newer Walter functionality that wasn't yet in use in the 4.0 theme. I could be way off base too, but either way it's not keeping me from using it, and I totally prefer using LCS Short Dark as my one big screen theme. :-)
Old 08-12-2018, 07:51 AM   #12
lilith93

Reaper Version: v5.941 - August 4 2018

It happened to me already three times that REAPER crashes out of the blue when clicking into the time ruler while a song is playing. I didn't observe this with other versions and I can't reproduce it.

Last edited by lilith93; 08-12-2018 at 08:03 AM.
lilith93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 08:01 AM   #13
lilith93

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPeters View Post
I hope the theme I customized works well, lol. I spent a lot of time nitpicking the crap out of it.

I guess I'll find out soon enough...
Wow!!! This looks pretty awesome!
lilith93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 08:36 AM   #14
Tobbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPeters View Post
I hope the theme I customized works well, lol. I spent a lot of time nitpicking the crap out of it.

I guess I'll find out soon enough...
I also use Commala and I love the colors and layouts. Gonna try yours, it looks awesome.

//Tobbe
Old 08-13-2018, 02:26 AM   #15
jazznfunk

This is not a bug, but. Any chances to get this pin in Linux Reaper?
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (1.3 KB, 648 views)
jazznfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 07:03 AM   #16
clepsydrae

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazznfunk View Post
This is not a bug, but. Any chances to get this pin in Linux Reaper?
(In the meantime, you might be able to make it happen with your window manager. In KWin at least you can set up special window rules for this kind of thing. Not the same, of course, but might help.)
clepsydrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 07:35 AM   #17
net147

Here are some issues related to VST preset dropdown that I noticed with TAL Noize Mak3r:
1. Can't use up/down arrows or mouse up/down to change to previous/next preset
2. Can't click the dropdown to easily set focus, need to use tab and left/right arrow keys
3. Pressing the down arrow while dropdown is focused opens the dropdown instead of going to next preset
4. Opening the dropdown always starts from the top of the list even when the current preset is at the bottom (requiring to scroll down to the current preset)

Last edited by net147; 09-28-2018 at 09:18 PM.
net147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 01:46 PM   #18
shosty

I've noticed that there is something not right with the midi editor and inline editing. If I have a project with quite a few Reaverbs or LSP Impulse Reverb using impulses for stuff like reverb then the playback is massively affected by opening a midi item or inline editing. I get stutters and slowed down playback when midi editing is enabled.

There is a particular some I am working on and it's nearly impossible to edit midi, even without the song playing when I open the editor my mouse goes slow and audio goes really slow. Now, this song is quite heavy with plugins and tracks but the performance meter only shows about 49% cpu use. I'm running jack at 1024 so certainly not pushing it.

The strange thing is that when you have the editor open and it is stuttering as soon as you close it the playback is fine, instantly. I would say it's like the midi editor is very cpu intensive but Reaper isn't using huge amounts of CPU when this happens.

The only thing I can pin it down to is using impulses. I noticed that in the LSP plugin if I change the FFT Frame to a high number across all instances it helps. Same thing with Reaverb.
Old 08-14-2018, 01:55 PM   #19
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by shosty View Post
The strange thing is that when you have the editor open and it is stuttering as soon as you close it the playback is fine, instantly.
Anticipative processing is turned off on tracks with open MIDI editors by default. Enable the corresponding option in Preferences > Audio > Buffering.
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 01:57 PM   #20
Jack Winter

And check out the zl/ll checkboxes
Old 08-14-2018, 01:58 PM   #21
cfillion

Speaking of Linux bugs: gfx.getfont from the API always returns an empty font name string. https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=2022793

(EDIT: FontConfig for font family recognition & flexibility instead of the hard-coded font filename scanning SWELL currently does would be nice too, I guess)

Last edited by cfillion; 08-14-2018 at 02:06 PM.
Old 08-14-2018, 02:01 PM   #22
shosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfillion View Post
Anticipative processing is turned off on tracks with open MIDI editors by default. Enable the corresponding option in Preferences > Audio > Buffering.
Thanks, that seems to do the trick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Winter View Post
And check out the zl/ll checkboxes
That helps when using reaverb but shouldn't be acting like that with other plugins.
Old 08-14-2018, 02:08 PM   #23
Jack Winter

Might help when rec arming tracks.

Edit: When I think about it, I guess it's tangential to the discussion, still a good trick to lower rt cpu in some situations.
Old 08-14-2018, 09:14 PM   #24
cfillion

Changing the selected FX by manipulating the track state chunk ("SHOW n") instead of using TrackFX_SetOpen is broken (SWS does that, it should probably be updated to use the newer function but this still looks like a bug in REAPER on Linux).

The selected item in the chain's list is updated but the new FX is only briefly showed before it goes back to the previous FX's UI. TrackFX_GetChainVisible and GetTrackStateChunk still gives the old FX's index.

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=2023280

Last edited by cfillion; 08-14-2018 at 09:39 PM.
Old 08-15-2018, 09:18 AM   #25
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Speaking of Linux bugs: gfx.getfont from the API always returns an empty font name string. https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=2022793

(EDIT: FontConfig for font family recognition & flexibility instead of the hard-coded font filename scanning SWELL currently does would be nice too, I guess)
Would be nice if someone gave some example code of how to do it using FontConfig...
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 02:01 PM   #26
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Would be nice if someone gave some example code of how to do it using FontConfig...
https://gist.github.com/cfillion/1a3...365f14958157fb

Code:
./a.out sans-serif serif monospace 'DejaVu Sans Mono' 'Andale Mono' 'Ubuntu Mono' UbuntuMono Lato
found font matching 'sans-serif': 'DejaVu Sans' in '/usr/share/fonts/TTF/DejaVuSans.ttf'
found font matching 'serif': 'DejaVu Serif' in '/usr/share/fonts/TTF/DejaVuSerif.ttf'
found font matching 'monospace': 'DejaVu Sans Mono' in '/usr/share/fonts/TTF/DejaVuSansMono.ttf'
found font matching 'DejaVu Sans Mono': 'DejaVu Sans Mono' in '/usr/share/fonts/TTF/DejaVuSansMono.ttf'
found font matching 'Andale Mono': 'DejaVu Sans Mono' in '/usr/share/fonts/TTF/DejaVuSansMono.ttf'
found font matching 'Ubuntu Mono': 'Ubuntu Mono' in '/usr/share/fonts/TTF/UbuntuMono-R.ttf'
found font matching 'UbuntuMono': 'Ubuntu Mono' in '/usr/share/fonts/TTF/UbuntuMono-R.ttf'
found font matching 'Lato': 'Lato' in '/home/cfillion/.fonts/Lato-Regular.ttf'
(bold/italic matching is commented out)

Last edited by cfillion; 08-15-2018 at 02:51 PM.
Old 08-15-2018, 03:04 PM   #27
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
https://gist.github.com/cfillion/1a3...365f14958157fb

Code:
./a.out sans-serif serif monospace 'DejaVu Sans Mono' 'Andale Mono' 'Ubuntu Mono' UbuntuMono Lato
found font matching 'sans-serif': 'DejaVu Sans' in '/usr/share/fonts/TTF/DejaVuSans.ttf'
found font matching 'serif': 'DejaVu Serif' in '/usr/share/fonts/TTF/DejaVuSerif.ttf'
found font matching 'monospace': 'DejaVu Sans Mono' in '/usr/share/fonts/TTF/DejaVuSansMono.ttf'
found font matching 'DejaVu Sans Mono': 'DejaVu Sans Mono' in '/usr/share/fonts/TTF/DejaVuSansMono.ttf'
found font matching 'Andale Mono': 'DejaVu Sans Mono' in '/usr/share/fonts/TTF/DejaVuSansMono.ttf'
found font matching 'Ubuntu Mono': 'Ubuntu Mono' in '/usr/share/fonts/TTF/UbuntuMono-R.ttf'
found font matching 'UbuntuMono': 'Ubuntu Mono' in '/usr/share/fonts/TTF/UbuntuMono-R.ttf'
found font matching 'Lato': 'Lato' in '/home/cfillion/.fonts/Lato-Regular.ttf'
(bold/italic matching is commented out)
awesome, thanks!

Edit: while I have you, have some code to enumerate the available font faces installed on the system (for the font browser)?

Edit again:

I've started on the intergration, http://1014.org/shiz/shup/fontconfig.patch

Things to address:

1) The fonts in REAPER and libSwell.colortheme etc being mapped differently (can we set preferred fallback fonts?)
2) App-local fonts (we include liberation sans and a modified version of Bravura) -- can we shove these into our instance of fontconfig?

Sorry for asking you here -- if there's a programmers guide somewhere for fontconfig I'm happy to look at it, the documentation I could find was never a "how to use this", just a reference of each function...

Last edited by Justin; 08-15-2018 at 08:44 PM.
Old 08-15-2018, 08:42 PM   #28
Lokasenna

Alt+Click to delete FX in the MCP isn't doing anything here. Shift+ to bypass and Ctrl+Shift+ to offline are fine.

Ubuntu Studio, 5.941.
Old 08-15-2018, 08:52 PM   #29
swindus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokasenna View Post
Alt+Click to delete FX in the MCP isn't doing anything here. Shift+ to bypass and Ctrl+Shift+ to offline are fine.

Ubuntu Studio, 5.941.
I don't think this is a bug. The Alt key is a system modifier in many Linux desktop environments for moving and resizing windows and globally blocked. In that case change the modifier key to another one like the hyper key or windows key.
swindus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 09:15 PM   #30
Lokasenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by swindus View Post
I don't think this is a bug. The Alt key is a system modifier in many Linux desktop environments for moving and resizing windows and globally blocked. In that case change the modifier key to another one like the hyper key or windows key.
Fair enough. I wonder if it would be worth having a preference somewhere for "treat the __ button just like Alt" to get around that.

I, um, also can't find anywhere to change that particular shortcut. It's not an action, not seeing it in Mouse Modifiers either.

Edit: Problem solved. I just used US's "Window Manager Tweak" app and changed the "grab windows" key to Win.

Last edited by Lokasenna; 08-15-2018 at 09:25 PM.
Lokasenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 01:30 AM   #31
cfillion

Quote:
Edit: while I have you, have some code to enumerate the available font faces installed on the system (for the font browser)?
Here's how fc-list does it: https://cgit.freedesktop.org/fontcon...fc-list.c#n172.

Code:
FcPattern *pattern = FcPatternCreate();
FcObjectSet *properties = FcObjectSetBuild(FC_FAMILY, FC_WEIGHT, FC_SLANT, FC_INDEX, FC_FILE, nullptr);
FcFontSet *fonts = FcFontList(s_fontconfig, pattern, properties);

for(int i = 0; i < fonts->nfont; ++i) {
  FcPattern *font = fonts->fonts[i];
  FcPatternPrint(font);
}

FcFontSetDestroy(fonts);
FcObjectSetDestroy(properties);
FcPatternDestroy(pattern);
Quote:
I've started on the intergration, http://1014.org/shiz/shup/fontconfig.patch
Thank you! Seems to work well except on files containing multiple fontfaces (like .ttc fonts). FC_INDEX from the hit pattern should be given to FT_New_Face.

Quote:
1) The fonts in REAPER and libSwell.colortheme etc being mapped differently (can we set preferred fallback fonts?)
I don't understand what you mean by "being mapped differently", but fallbacks are usually configured through system-wide or user XML files. They can be loaded from code too with FcConfigParseAndLoad or FcConfigParseAndLoadFromMemory.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php..._default_fonts

Quote:
2) App-local fonts (we include liberation sans and a modified version of Bravura) -- can we shove these into our instance of fontconfig?
Code:
FcConfigAppFontAddFile(s_fontconfig,
  (const FcChar8 *)"/opt/REAPER/Plugins/Reavura.otf");
(An application font is not given priority over a system font if the later is deemed better.)

Last edited by cfillion; 08-16-2018 at 11:37 AM.
Old 08-16-2018, 07:09 AM   #32
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Here's how fc-list does it:
Awesome, thank you!

I've pushed some WDL public changes which works to my satisfaction. You will need to change a line in your libSwell.colortheme in order to keep the same appearance as the old mapper, from "default_font_face LiberationSans-Regular" to "default_font_face Liberation Sans". Other than that it all works, woot.
Old 08-18-2018, 10:36 AM   #33
gonX

Setting wnd_vis=1 under [mastermixer] in reaper.ini causes a segfault for me.

Running the application under gdb or valgrind gives no indication of a segfault happening, so my guess is it's a Heisenbug.

Here's the relevant crash info I was able to get from the kernel logs:
Code:
Aug 18 18:06:38 m kernel: reaper[9793]: segfault at 38 ip 00000000007780af sp 00007ffd2a7470c0 error 4 in reaper[400000+7d7000]
Aug 18 18:06:38 m systemd[1]: Started Process Core Dump (PID 9795/UID 0).
Aug 18 18:06:38 m systemd-coredump[9796]: Process 9793 (reaper) of user 1000 dumped core.

Stack trace of thread 9793:
                                          #0  0x00000000007780af n/a (reaper)
                                          #1  0x00007f08f5d6489d n/a (libSwell.so)
                                          #2  0x000000000069d311 n/a (reaper)
                                          #3  0x00000000005f95eb n/a (reaper)
                                          #4  0x0000000000775f01 n/a (reaper)
                                          #5  0x00000000006fe521 n/a (reaper)
                                          #6  0x00000000009d354b SWELLAppMain (reaper)
                                          #7  0x00007f08f5d75428 n/a (libSwell.so)
                                          #8  0x00007f08f5a6c526 n/a (libgdk-3.so.0)
                                          #9  0x00007f08f5a9de45 n/a (libgdk-3.so.0)
                                          #10 0x00007f08f4974368 g_main_context_dispatch (libglib-2.0.so.0)
                                          #11 0x00007f08f49745b1 n/a (libglib-2.0.so.0)
                                          #12 0x00007f08f497463e g_main_context_iteration (libglib-2.0.so.0)
                                          #13 0x00007f08f5d774aa n/a (libSwell.so)
                                          #14 0x00007f08f5d51e08 n/a (libSwell.so)
                                          #15 0x0000000000820ade n/a (reaper)
                                          #16 0x0000000000704fed n/a (reaper)
                                          #17 0x0000000000412a19 n/a (reaper)
                                          #18 0x00007f08f5dfb223 __libc_start_main (libc.so.6)
                                          #19 0x000000000041801a _start (reaper)
If it helps any, I'm on i3wm, a tiling window manager.
gonX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 10:58 AM   #34
shosty

Jackwinter, I've just tried the libswell theme you uploaded, it looks great but the value popup when you move a fader is just a yellow/white square. Is there a setting somewhere that controls that? Just using the default reaper theme if that makes any difference.
Old 08-18-2018, 11:18 AM   #35
Jack Winter

That doesn't happen here, at least if I understand you right. Tried with the default theme too, where I get dark menus but some dialogs look a bit funky being bright instead of dark.

I must admit that I'm not a great themer and I didn't put much effort into this. It was quickly done to demonstrate the new capability and then put to the side.. I'm still using it with a dark theme that I downloaded and have modified a bit.

Probably better if some real themers added this for their themes, but as it only works on linux I guess that might be wishful thinking.

FWIW, on my system the popup is dark grey with white text..

I know that Justin did some changes to it not so long ago, but I'm not sure exactly what. I suppose maybe some things might still get overridden by the theme in use.

Edit: Mystery solved. The libSwell.colortheme I uploaded to the stash is indeed wonky, have updated it, so download and try again...

It also has a different font, to go with changes in 5.95pre7. Also some dialogs get dark, and others are determined by the theme...

Last edited by Jack Winter; 08-18-2018 at 12:20 PM.
Old 08-18-2018, 02:14 PM   #36
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonX View Post
Setting wnd_vis=1 under [mastermixer] in reaper.ini causes a segfault for me.

Running the application under gdb or valgrind gives no indication of a segfault happening, so my guess is it's a Heisenbug.

Here's the relevant crash info I was able to get from the kernel logs:
Code:
Aug 18 18:06:38 m kernel: reaper[9793]: segfault at 38 ip 00000000007780af sp 00007ffd2a7470c0 error 4 in reaper[400000+7d7000]
Aug 18 18:06:38 m systemd[1]: Started Process Core Dump (PID 9795/UID 0).
Aug 18 18:06:38 m systemd-coredump[9796]: Process 9793 (reaper) of user 1000 dumped core.

Stack trace of thread 9793:
                                          #0  0x00000000007780af n/a (reaper)
                                          #1  0x00007f08f5d6489d n/a (libSwell.so)
                                          #2  0x000000000069d311 n/a (reaper)
                                          #3  0x00000000005f95eb n/a (reaper)
                                          #4  0x0000000000775f01 n/a (reaper)
                                          #5  0x00000000006fe521 n/a (reaper)
                                          #6  0x00000000009d354b SWELLAppMain (reaper)
                                          #7  0x00007f08f5d75428 n/a (libSwell.so)
                                          #8  0x00007f08f5a6c526 n/a (libgdk-3.so.0)
                                          #9  0x00007f08f5a9de45 n/a (libgdk-3.so.0)
                                          #10 0x00007f08f4974368 g_main_context_dispatch (libglib-2.0.so.0)
                                          #11 0x00007f08f49745b1 n/a (libglib-2.0.so.0)
                                          #12 0x00007f08f497463e g_main_context_iteration (libglib-2.0.so.0)
                                          #13 0x00007f08f5d774aa n/a (libSwell.so)
                                          #14 0x00007f08f5d51e08 n/a (libSwell.so)
                                          #15 0x0000000000820ade n/a (reaper)
                                          #16 0x0000000000704fed n/a (reaper)
                                          #17 0x0000000000412a19 n/a (reaper)
                                          #18 0x00007f08f5dfb223 __libc_start_main (libc.so.6)
                                          #19 0x000000000041801a _start (reaper)
If it helps any, I'm on i3wm, a tiling window manager.
Can you grab WDL sources and build a debug build of libSwell:
Code:
git clone https://github.com/justinfrankel/WDL.git
cd WDL/WDL/swell
make -s DEBUG=1
ln -sf `pwd`/libSwell.so /path/to/reaper/libSwell.so
then we can at least see the libSwell symbols in the crash trace...

Alternatively: can you email your reaper.ini to support at cockos dot com and I'll try duplicating with i3wm but of course if it's a heisenbug...
Old 08-18-2018, 05:43 PM   #37
Lokasenna

None of the Toolbars: Switch to toolbar 1 actions are doing anything here. (5.941)
Old 08-18-2018, 07:45 PM   #38
Lokasenna

Another one - reaper.ExecProcess doesn't appear to do anything.
Old 08-18-2018, 08:40 PM   #39
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Another one - reaper.ExecProcess doesn't appear to do anything.
Thanks, implementing this
Old 08-18-2018, 08:48 PM   #40
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
None of the Toolbars: Switch to toolbar 1 actions are doing anything here. (5.941)
Oops, looks like swell-generic needs to get WM_MOUSEACTIVATE implemented, thanks!