Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 05-06-2023, 06:03 AM   #1
Buddz
Human being with feelings

Default ReaLearn Edge Cases: managing Toggle Button LEDs

Hi,

I've got to admit, these are sort of edge cases, and they are definitely not of the life-threatening kind, but they have croppped up several times now and maybe there is a solution...

Edge Case A: Using a hardware button to switch between various values of a bi-polar knob in a VST (in my case the tuning control of a sample in Sitala). It would be super-useful if I could tell my hardware button switch off the LEDs at the setting of 50% (the center of the tuning knob where the sample is unaffected).

Edge Case B: Switching only between non-zero values (in my case reverb send volume). Here I never want it to be completely zero (-inf), but it would still be useful if I could tell my button LEDs to switch off at the lowest value so that I have a visual indicator when I am at that setting.
Buddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2023, 07:11 AM   #2
helgoboss
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddz View Post
Hi,

I've got to admit, these are sort of edge cases, and they are definitely not of the life-threatening kind, but they have croppped up several times now and maybe there is a solution...

Edge Case A: Using a hardware button to switch between various values of a bi-polar knob in a VST (in my case the tuning control of a sample in Sitala). It would be super-useful if I could tell my hardware button switch off the LEDs at the setting of 50% (the center of the tuning knob where the sample is unaffected).

Edge Case B: Switching only between non-zero values (in my case reverb send volume). Here I never want it to be completely zero (-inf), but it would still be useful if I could tell my button LEDs to switch off at the lowest value so that I have a visual indicator when I am at that setting.
I think in both cases, setting "Target Min" is the way to go. For on/off type displays like LEDs, that essentially determines the point at which a value is considered "off". "Target Min" also influences the control direction, not just the feedback direction. That means you probably have to split your mapping into two where one has control enabled and the other one feedback.
helgoboss is offline   Reply With Quote