Old 09-21-2006, 03:22 AM   #1
rollthebones
Human being with feelings

Default Synchronize MIDI Tracks?

I have two MIDI files in separate tracks in one project. In one MIDI track I have a drumbeat, in the other I have a MIDI riff that I'm outputing through the effect chain to an organ VSTi.

Is there anyway to get these two different tracks to start at the same time?

Each track is two bars, set to repeat (with the repeat button at the bottom) so it essentially becomes looped. I want to launch both at the same time so I can hear how the riff sounds in time with the beat.

But I can't seem to figure out if there is a way to do that. Otherwise, I'll have to record both. I could do that, but I just figure it would be easier to have the MIDI play at the same time before recording so I can play around and try different things.

Thanks for the help.

By the way, what are "channels" and how can they be of use to me? For example, if you right-click on a track, a dialog box that says "Controls for Track 3" pops up and there is a setting for the number of channels. 2 is the default, I'm assuming for left and right channels for stereo. What would be the use of setting it to a higher number of channels?

Last edited by rollthebones; 09-21-2006 at 03:31 AM.
rollthebones is offline   Reply With Quote