COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :

Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > General Discussion > General Discussion (aka spam trap)

Old 09-12-2014, 08:27 PM   #1
ControllerC
Human being with feelings

Default Had to leave DAWland for a bit, im back with fesh install and

Had to leave daw world for the last 9months due to moving and building tool carts for my floor biz etc etc etc. Re installed win7 on my trusty old Core2 Duo Hp pavillion laptop and free malewarebytes anti virus, got Firefox going, my Reaper trial had expired so i took the plunge and bought it.

Then i wrestled with Addictive Drums and finally got that to work- thank God I started taking DAW notes a few years ago! Otherwise you forget all the little problem solution details and that can stop you dead in your tracks and really piss you off.

But i have a good feeling about Reaper so far, and the values behind this company. Now im praying that i can get my old LM4 MK2, Sampletank 2XL and VI One VSTi's to work!! That would be rad- but i remember the vi one having problems in vista so we'll see- If this goes well i should be posting new music here soon.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:16 AM   #2
Serenitynow

Cool. That's what I need to do! I have notes written down here and there but not in one place. That would be great.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:40 AM   #3
dea-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenitynow View Post
Cool. That's what I need to do! I have notes written down here and there but not in one place. That would be great.
I know what you mean.

I think the best place is to write up a text file with all the notes and the insert the text file into the Reaper menu drop down box for immediate help.
Old 09-25-2014, 04:39 PM   #4
ControllerC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dea-man View Post
I know what you mean.

I think the best place is to write up a text file with all the notes and the insert the text file into the Reaper menu drop down box for immediate help.
This is a great idea- I use a staple bound booklet of blank sheetmusic staff paper- so I can write all the technical computer/software tips/steps and also jot down a melody idea if one strikes- then I use those thin post it note place holder tabs with sharpie written labels on them so I know what page to flip to for certain categories- now I need make a couple copies, I should anyway.