Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Pre-Release Discussion

Old 07-14-2022, 06:30 AM   #1
lunker
Human being with feelings

Default Weird Arturia GUI Bug Between 'dev' And 'prod' Versions Of Reaper (FIXED)

I found a weird bug that only seems to affect the Arturia KORG MS-20 VST, and only happens with the production releases of Reaper (not the dev releases).

The problem has been going on since at least Reaper 6.57, but I just now realized that the reason it has been an intermittent problem is that I switch back and forth between the production and development versions of Reaper, and it took a while for me to correlate the problem with the production version or Reaper. I reported this to Arturia when I first noticed it, and they think it is a Reaper issue, not a problem with their VST.

NOTE: This problem only occurs when loading a previously-saved project. If you create a new project and add the Arturia KORG MS-20 VST, it displays correctly. The display is only incorrect when loading a previously-saved project that contains the Arturia KORG MS-20 VST.

This is how it looks (which is correct) in the development versions of Reaper when I load a previously-saved project that contains the Arturia KORG MS-20:

(notice that the VST display agrees with the "Hardware" selection shown in the the red-highlighted box)

The problem is that (in production Reaper), when the same project is loaded, even though the VST is set to display the "Hardware" panel, it incorrectly loads with the "Sequencer" panel displayed:

(notice the red-highlighted box in the upper right that shows the display is set to "Hardware" but instead the sequencer panel is displayed)

The problem is not just the display. The controls don't work correctly, because there is a disconnect between which controls are displayed (and where they are located) and which controls the VST thinks are displayed.

Also, when the display incorrectly shows the sequencer panel, the display of the "Hardware" panel below it is truncated. Compare the "bad" image above with the good image below of how it should look when the "Sequencer" panel is selected for display:

(notice that that when the "Sequencer" panel is displayed correctly, the full "Hardware" panel is displayed below it. In the bad image, the "Hardware" panel is truncated in the display)

This works correctly in the development versions of Reaper, but not the production versions (at least as far back as 6.57, maybe earlier), so it seems that there is something different in the production version of Reaper compared to the development versions.

EDIT: Now that v6.64+dev0714 has been released, I tested, and the display is correct in that version of Reaper. So this appears to confirm that the problem is in the production releases, and the development versions don't have the problem.

Last edited by lunker; 07-14-2022 at 06:56 AM.
lunker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 04:27 PM   #2
lunker
Human being with feelings

This got fixed some time between then and now.
lunker is online now   Reply With Quote