Old 07-17-2022, 12:09 PM   #1
Sexan
Human being with feelings

Default v6.64+dev0717 - July 17 2022

v6.64+dev0717 - July 17 2022
  • * Includes feature branch: track media/razor edit grouping
  • * Includes feature branch: pan law/function improvements
  • * Includes feature branch: improve experimental silent-track CPU reduction option to include FX tail length
  • * Includes feature branch: media item fixed lanes
  • * Includes feature branch: internal pin management overhaul for future extension
  • + FX CPU Metering: improve full accounting of CPU use (from oversampling, bypass envelope, etc)
  • + Grouping: allow edge editing of hidden grouped items
  • + Media items: mouse modifiers to edit item fade-in/fade-out with relative edge grouping only affects selected items, not grouped items (same behavior as item edge editing)
  • + Preferences: add rendering option to disable auto-bypass when using offline render/apply FX/etc
  • + ReaLimit: fix continuous automation recording [t=268807]
  • # Project bay: fix FX idle indications when PDC is involved
  • # Project bay: permit sorting FX by CPU use
  • # Project bay: support sorting FX list by status/idle
  • # Track grouping: fix drag-copying grouped items
  • # Track grouping: razor edits obey option to disable grouping
  • # cpu metering: new option for peak (worse-case) CPU use displays 1.0! rather than 1.0x
This thread is for pre-release features discussion. Use the Feature Requests forum for other requests.

Changelog - Pre-Releases

Generated by X-Raym's REAPER ChangeLog to BBCode
Sexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 01:03 PM   #2
PitchSlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexan View Post
v6.64+dev0717 - July 17 2022
  • + Preferences: add rendering option to disable auto-bypass when using offline render/apply FX/etc
    [t=268807]
  • # Project bay: permit sorting FX by CPU use
  • # Project bay: support sorting FX list by status/idle
  • # cpu metering: new option for peak (worse-case) CPU use displays 1.0! rather than 1.0x

Nice improvements!
The only missing piece (sorry to sound like a broken record) is to be able to enable/disable auto-bypass for plugins from the Project bay.

This makes even more sense now that we can sort by CPU usage.

Use case for existing projects:
1) Sort FX by CPU usage.
2) Multi select plugins using the most CPU that you wish to enable auto-bypass for, enable from right-click menu.

Current workflow for existing projects (*the FX browser setting is only for new instances):
1) Open plugin window from the mixer.
2) Move the mouse to the top-left corner of the screen where the plugin window is positioned (ugh).
3) Right-click on title bar to enable auto-bypass.
4) Return to step one and repeat 50-100x times, then move on to the next project (my life for the last month lol )

(*Slightly faster alternate method: open track FX chain, multi-select plugins, right-click and enable auto-bypass. Repeat for each track with plugins you want auto-bypassed)

Last edited by PitchSlap; 07-17-2022 at 01:13 PM.
PitchSlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 01:15 PM   #3
Mercado_Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitchSlap View Post
Nice improvements!
The only missing piece (sorry to sound like a broken record) is to be able to enable/disable auto-bypass for plugins from the Project bay.

1) Sort FX by CPU usage.
2) Multi select plugins using the most CPU that you wish to enable auto-bypass for, enable from right-click menu.

Current workflow for existing projects (*the FX browser setting is only for new instances):
2) Move the mouse to the top-left corner of the screen where the plugin window is positioned (ugh).
4) Return to step one and repeat 50-100x times, then move on to the next project (my life for the last month lol )

(*Slightly faster alternate method: open track FX chain, multi-select plugins, right-click and enable auto-bypass. Repeat for each track with plugins you want auto-bypassed)
That's something I'd like to see implemented as well. Sometimes it is easier to just enable this on the most demanding plugins if we're running out of CPU.
Old 07-17-2022, 01:30 PM   #4
Sexan

Are envelopes in the scope of grouping development (razor edit lead)?
Sexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 02:16 PM   #5
Edgemeal

Quote:
# Project bay: fix FX idle indications when PDC is involved
# Project bay: permit sorting FX by CPU use
# Project bay: support sorting FX list by status/idle
Looking good! Thanks!
Edgemeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 03:09 PM   #6
PitchSlap

Small thing with the Project Bay->FX.
It would be preferable if the track number could be included with the name (like when right-clicking if there are multiple instances). It's not uncommon to have many tracks with the same name (guitar, bass, percussion etc.) and it can be difficult to differentiate without knowing the track number.

To save space it could be written something like "5:Kick" vs. "Track 5: Kick"

Another improvement suggestion is when there are multiple instances of a plugin show a collapsible tree style list like the FX parameters tab.
Different instances of the same plugin can use drastically different CPU and only showing the cumulative CPU for all instances is less informative.
Or I could have an 75 instances of a console emulation or EQ which individually use negligible CPU, but when sorting by CPU it might appear higher than single instance plugins using far more CPU (i.e. better candidates for auto-bypass)

Last edited by PitchSlap; 07-17-2022 at 03:22 PM.
PitchSlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 04:01 PM   #7
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
It would be preferable if the track number could be included with the name (like when right-clicking if there are multiple instances).
there's a (new) option to include track numbers
Quote:
Another improvement suggestion is when there are multiple instances of a plugin show a collapsible tree style list like the FX parameters tab.
It's not a tree but you can at least tell it not to group (via right click option)

Last edited by Justin; 07-17-2022 at 04:17 PM.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 04:52 PM   #8
musicbynumbers

# Track grouping: fix drag-copying grouped items

working again thanks!
Old 07-18-2022, 08:26 AM   #9
srdmusic

+ Preferences: add rendering option to disable auto-bypass when using offline render/apply FX/etc

Thank you Justin!
srdmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 10:41 AM   #10
srdmusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitchSlap View Post
Nice improvements!

1) Sort FX by CPU usage.

If I'm not mistaken the auto-bypass function works on both new and current plugins in the session when enabled on the project settings level. I see a reduction in CPU-usage when enabling the project setting.

I do agree though, that a checkbox on the track level in the track list would be handy so that the user could quickly pick witch tracks the project setting applies to.
srdmusic is offline   Reply With Quote